“Excellent”

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 17 March 2014

been to Sofitel twice, first time with my wife and then with our 2 daughters and all of us love it here. .Breakfast buffet is as good as it gets. Our adult daughters loved the pool and the pool area. Conveniently located, with shuttle service to MOA

Room Tip: room facing Manila Bay is better
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are really pleased to know that your family loves staying in our hotel. Sofitel Manila is famous for its lagoon-shaped pool, perfect for relaxation and the gorgeous views of Manila Bay. Mostly visited food and beverage outlet of the hotel is Spiral, with its 21 dining ateliers serving dishes from all around the world, one is sure to have a memorable gastronomic experience here!

It will be such a pleasure to be of service to you again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The outside of the hotel does not impress much but the inside is much nicer. The rooms were spacious and very nice, with great views even from just the 6th floor. We were close to the Mall of Asia (60 Pesos or under €1 with a taxi or take the free shuttle) and close to Malate and Intramuros. It was a nice area to stay with other interesting buildings around which we walked by and took pics. The buffets looked amazing - we did not eat at the Sofitel but if we had been hungrier we would have, the brunch is even recommended in Lonely Planet. Never seen a breakfast buffet with over 10 or so individual stations with all types of local and international food.
The pool area was quite nice, by the ocean and had a resort feel, despite being "downtown". The pool itself was a bit cold for me but we enjoyed a couple dips.
The beds were very comfortable and the service was great. Got a great advance rate and really had nothing to complain about (except perhaps some kids yelling in the room next to ours).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We appreciate that you took the time in sharing your insights on your recent stay with us. One of the main features of the hotel is its location, strategically situated in a near proximity to the Mall of Asia, Malate, and Intramuros.

We strive to provide a superior service experience to each and every guest; thus, learning of your recognition for the services rendered by the team is truly wonderful. Much as we take pride with the services, the same applies for our quality products. The Sofitel MyBed is designed for a nice and comfortable sleep and we are glad that you were able to enjoy it.

With different Food and Beverage outlets offering variety of international cuisines, one is sure to have an excellent gastronomic experience when dining at Sofitel Manila. Spiral, being famous for it 21 dining ateliers, inspired by special French working stations where each dish is masterfully prepared right before your very eyes. It is but sad that you were not able to dine at Spiral. However, this will be a good opportunity to come back and visit us again.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My trip was mostly to rural Laguna, a challenge and a delight, returning to Manila prior to returning home. The staff of Le Bar, though, eased my transition back to "civilisation". The continuing hospitality of the staff reminded me of the best qualities of people (especially Pavino? at Le Bar!). Salamat po.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 3StewartJ

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for making us your accommodation preference on your visit to Manila. Excellent service along with well-appointed products is what we aim to provide to our guests. Reading about your feedback was a delight and will be shared with Pavino and the rest of the team to serve as motivation to continue with our pursuit for excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Yesterday, to be honest, I was not in the mood. I was a bit sad. So i tried walking around the hotel and look for a place that can help me forget all the bad things happened to me earlier. Then i went to Le Bar. I was very very glad when i met their receptionist with her warm welcome. Ela really did her job great and met beyond my expectations. She made sure everything's fine. Also, she's an excellent entertainer, made me forget why i was sad after all. I would definetely come back in Le Bar and look for Ela for she is great.

• Stayed: March 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is wonderful to know that you had a memorable dining experience with us. We are pleased to know that you’ve spent a good time in LeBar and especially the services rendered by Ella. Your compliments will be shared with her to serve as recognition for the job well done.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were treated like royalty the moment we checked in. Staff were helpful and friendly, especially those on the Club Floor. Room was very comfortable. The buffet was the best. The only unpleasant thing was the smell from the sea. Shuttle bus was provided to the shopping mall.
All in all.... GREAT!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your feedback on your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that you had a great experience and especially enjoyed the food in Spiral. Your compliments have brought smiles to our faces and the urge for us to continuously offer our guests with the quality products and deliver excellent service from the heart.

Thank you and we shall look forward to creating another magnifique experience on your future visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights on a holiday with my best mate. This hotel is quite beautiful and has every tell of a 5 star hotel when you walk in. The staff are very accommodating and show great initiative.

My main gripe about this hotel is the rooms, the rooms that we got were very outdated, we had rooms next to each other on the 6th floor. Sound isolation from outside the room is very poor, I can clearly hear someone walking past or the rattle of room service trolleys from the corridor, I can also hear the TV and sometimes snoring from other rooms from within my room. There is no door bell for the rooms we had, so staff or visitors had to knock on the door, which doesn't sound too bad but often times I would hear the knock and it would be from the rooms on either side, you also cannot hear it from within the bathroom.

The room is fairly outdated and bland but was spacious enough with a large TV, balcony, study desk and coffee table. The TV had most channels out or barely watchable as there always seemed to be signal issues, thankfully there was a HDMI input which I used for my laptop.

Overall this is a very nice hotel, the pool and outdoor area is relaxing, the restaurant and room service quality is very good quality but at higher prices. There is a great view of Manila Bay and entertainment outside during some nights, a large pool with slides for the kids.

Getting a taxi is sometimes an issue, I had to utilise the hotel taxi twice for 500-700php depending on destination, it is an ordinary car, the cars were old but the drivers were friendly and professional. There is a complimentary shuttle service to and from Mall of Asia but in my opinion it needed more service times.

I must mention at this hotel, outside food is not permitted, which was annoying. For the most part I dined at the hotel but for those moments when you miss the taste of home from within your room, it cannot be done.

I had one instance of bad customer service from a hotel staff member from when I first tried to enter the outdoor pool area, I was stopped at the door by a staff member and was rudely asked if I was a guest at the hotel, and requested my room number. There was no smile, no greeting or courtesy I had been shown by other staff members, it was blunt and rude, I can only put it down to either she was having a bad day or because I was wearing simple clothes consisting of a t-shirt, shorts and thongs (I have to admit I didn't look like I was staying at the hotel by the way I was dressed at the time, but whatever I was going to the pool). After I had confirmed her requests there was no change in attitude.

Overall this is a good hotel, this was based on my experience, it seems other people reviewing this hotel had a better experience. I personally wouldn't stay here again if it can be helped.

I have to stress, apart from my one negative experience with service every other staff member I had met were very friendly, professional, timely, accommodating and went out of their way to cater for any request I had. I cannot thank them enough for the level of service they gave me during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael C

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Your comfort and satisfaction being our top-most priority, delivering excellent service and ensuring quality products is highly essential. We try to exert every effort to ensure that you have a memorable experience with us and it is nice to know that you appreciated the services rendered by most of our ambassadors. Your compliments are very humbling and rest assured that this would motivate us to serve our guests even better.

However, we regret that you have encountered some lapses during your stay causing inconvenience and disappointment. Your recommendations and comments regarding ones comfort while in the room together with its functionalities and the shuttle service timings have been taken note both by the departments and the management. Hotel transportations are offered for our guest’s safety and convenient transportation requirements yet the option to take a public metered taxi is always possible though the availability is not within our control. Sofitel ambassadors are to act in such a way where they showcase the hospitality that Filipinos have been well-known along with French elegance and guided by the values set by the company. We apologize for the inappropriate behavior shown by one of the staff and please be assured that this is an isolated incident. We have always taken pride with the performance by our staff and will not tolerate acts that will compromise the values set by Sofitel.

We do hope that the experience did not mar your overall impression of the hotel, as we would love to be of service to you again in the near future.

Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
Walled City
Pan Pacific Manila
#1 of 109 in Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 32 in Pasay

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!