“Staff very friendly especially by the pool”

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Overall an ok place but not cheap would I go back ? Don't think so due to price However girl who works beside the pool bar called princess is one of the best attendants of all time in
my experience .sports bar is good entertainment at night time.

• Stayed: June 2014
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to thank you for recognizing our ambassadors especially by the pool, Princess as one of the best attendants who have served you. She will definitely be inspired and all our ambassadors to continuously provide an excellent service to all our guests. You mentioned that your stay was overall okay but you have a concern with the price. We trust that the experience was worth it.

It is our hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights as our weekend was full of activities and checking in a hotel made sense. As we entered the lobby we were greeted by warm and welcoming staff. Ladies with trays and drinks would come up to guests who are checking in and offer refereshing beverages. I felt very welcomed but noticed that there were too many staff on the floor because aside from the ladies carrying the drinks there were also ladies in traditional filipinianas and some in sports attire which i did not understand for what. Check in was not too long and we were able to get a room. The room was very clean and organized and amenities were complete. For breakfast we had it in spirals and it was amazing! So many choices and and service was great! I liked how some of the staff were carryong trays of sample food and drinks and there was even Taho roaming around! Overall, our stay was great and i hope they keep it up!

Stayed: July 2014
Thank Patricia R. N

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are pleased to know that you had a relaxing weekend stay at Sofitel Manila. We always ensure that we welcome our guest warmly and that they will feel relax staying with us. It’s great to hear that you find the room clean, organized, the amenities complete and that you had an amazing breakfast in our Spiral restaurant. Thank you for recognizing and appreciating our efforts to continuously provide an excellent product and service.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another relaxing weekend stay!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are in Manila, and looking for a place to stay that's well situated to Mall of Asia (10 mins walk) /Airport (15-20 mins drive) /Edsa Entertainment (15 mins in a taxi) - look no further.

My two negatives are the tired looking rooms, and frankly, the double glazing needs sorting, as it is not at all quiet - with aircraft noise and motorbikes waking you up occasionally - BUT as I paid £60 for a room and with a huge sea side pool, spa's, 24 hour bar, probably the best Buffet dinner I've ever experienced and some of the best service you will come across - this was simply a bargain.

(Oh, and well done to the girls that danced around the entrance last Saturday - you put a smile on every ones faces)

See you again soon!

Room Tip: I was in 922 - it was noisy - both floor above and outside!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MrB1967
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Manila. It is a pleasure to know that you spent your money's worth by experiencing our room, lagoon-shaped swimming pool, Le Spa, Snaps Bar and our buffet restaurant, Spiral. Our ambassadors will be delighted to know that you consider our buffet dinner and the service as the best that you have experienced.

We appreciate the review that you have made in TripAdvisor. Your comments regarding condition of the room and the noise have been duly noted.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

check-in staff offered to upgrade my room for an additional fee and I refused. superior room looks old, no bath tub. fairly clean but nothing special. There were many breakfast options in the spiral but not much that I can eat as much less choice for halal food. The pool attendant was very friendly. I think the hotel should increase the frequency of the free shuttle to the mall of asia

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank ariasarlito
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sofitel Manila to the TripAdvisor community. It is a delight that you appreciated our pool attendant being friendly. I will share your comments to all the team members so we can look into ways to improve our products and services especially regarding the halal food items and the shuttle going to Mall of Asia.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sofitel Manila is truly one of the most unique hotel experiences you will get in Manila. It is situated right beside the world famous Manila bay and is one of only two (Sofitel and Edsa Shangri-la) resort hotels in the capital. You can swim in one of the city's largest pools or choose to water slide in one of the two that surround the pool. You can enjoy the sunset on the many hammocks facing the bay or have cocktails while sitting in one of the large bean bags lined up on top of the poolside.

If all these activities make you hungry, you're in luck because located next to the pool is Spirals restaurant with arguably the best buffet in town. Here you will find endless cooking stations serving excellent international food from French, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino and so much more. It is also a carnivore's dream with a wide variety of meats, sausages and more. My family's favorite is the cheese and tapas room where you will find the very friendly Chef Jen who took the time to explain all the great cheeses and more importantly entertained my son throughout the evening.

Unfortunately, while the facilities of this hotel are undoubtedly world class, the customer service and guest interaction leaves much to be desired. Checking in was a painful ordeal wherein the lady was not sure of what offerings were available. She insisted that I couldn't change my reservation even if the reservation agent who booked my stay assured me otherwise. She actually called the reservation agent to check if I was telling the truth. Wow!!!
The next day after checking out, I actually had to talk to the same girl to get a car pass and to my surprise she asked me if I was checked in? This in spite of the 30 or so minutes I spent together with her checking in less than 24 hours ago. After reminding her that it was me, she actually apologized and said that they check in too many people that they don't remember. Double wow!!!

For the price and stature of this hotel, I would have thought that a more personalized service was in order. They should invest more on training their front liners who are the first and last impression of guests. After all in similar hotels like the Shangri-la group, Peninsula and even the Mandarin, they not only remember me by name but also remember little things like my favorite drink or room preference. Although I do not agree with the current "boycott Sofitel" movement, I do think that they need to rethink their customer service. Thank God for Spirals which is definitely this hotel's saving grace.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to thank you for staying with Sofitel Manila. It is a delight that you have enjoyed Treasure Island with its lagoon-shaped pool facing the magnificent Manila bay sunset. It’s one of the unique features of this hotel that would make one feel relax like you were in a resort. Our Spiral restaurant with its 21 dining ateliers has a wide spread of different cuisines that our Chefs prepared. Chef Jen will be inspired knowing that you have recognized and appreciated her service.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as this gives us the opportunity to improve the quality of our service. It is with regret that you had an unpleasant experience with one of our Front Office agent. We will remind and train our ambassadors of our procedure and ensure that this will not happen again to any of our guests. If it’s not too much, I would like to know who the ambassador was or details of your stay so that we can trace back who process your check-in and check-out. You may communicate directly with me thru H6308-GM5@sofitel.com.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and let you experience the service that the Sofitel brand is known for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 August 2014

You will feel relax in the ambiance of the hotel. Nice to watch the sunrise and sunset.you don't need to drive for a long time to see a view like that. You can feel that u are at the beach. Restaurant staff are nice and also those in the housekeeping and room service staff! Front desk staff are also nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Achell M
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Sofitel Manila. It is a pleasure to know that you had a very relaxing stay. One of the remarkable features of the hotel is the magnificent view of the Manila bay sunrise and sunset. We are glad that you have enjoyed it. Your appreciation for our ambassadors in front desk, housekeeping, room service and restaurants are truly heart-warming.

We hope to see you again soon for another relaxing stay.

Warm regards,
Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
Walled City
Pan Pacific Manila
#2 of 109 in Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!