“Nice to be Back”

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Still my favorite hotel in the Philippines, after staying with most of hotel, nothing compares to Sofitel. My last stay here was 2 years ago in the 10th floor. Now, after checking in the same floor, i was really astonished that they have maintained the cleanliness and new look considering it s been quite a while. The room was still very clean, the carpet, the floor, you will mistake the room as being newly renovated. The TV is LED/LCD, has DVD player. the bed and pillow really comfortable, the balcony and the view is really a plus factor, a magnificent view of the pool and the bay. You should check this out. A free wi-fi could have been a plus factor (in raddisons theres a free wi-fi). Service is fast specially when i requested for an additional blanket, breakfast is the best although you can have your breakfast in our floor, but i still go down in the spiral, to enjoy other food variants. There is a welcome fruit tray and an automatic newspaper in the morning small stuff that you cannot see anymore in other hotels lately (Marriot manila, shangrila, raddison, crown regency)..My 2 year old baby really loved the pool and hotel that she really didnt want to go home. Unlike in other hotels that we've been. For me and my family its nice to be back in Sofitel and kudos for maintaning the quality and standard a 5 star hotel should be. Suggestion, a covered parking would be another plus factor...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words in mentioning the beauty of our pool as well as the MyBed experience. Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

It would be our great pleasure to do business with you in the future and we look forward to more such opportunities in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Reviewed 10 March 2011

I experienced some of the best and some less good things during my stay. Let me detail a few issues.

When I arrived at the hotel at 5am from Bangkok, a room was ready for me without any extra charge which I highly appreciated. On the other hand, the guard had to wake up the receptionnist for check-in and there was nobody to help me with my luggage or to take me up to my room. This was 100% self service.

In the morning I wanted to take the shuttle that goes to the shopping center which is leaving at 11h30. I was drinking a coffee next to the lobby waiting for the shuttle to leave. At 11h25 I paid the bill and was in front of the hotel at 11h28. I asked where the shuttle was and they said it already left. Got me really very angry but they did not care at all ! “But it is already 11h29 Sir” !!!

The feminine personnel welcoming you at breakfast play a bit the “stars”. One of them took me to a dirty table (there were plenty of clean ones), put the fork and knife on it and I asked her to clean it before. What didn’t I ask !!! She was shocked that I could ask HER this. There is nobody to take away your plates when you finish one … these little details get on my nerves especially when they always gave me a small table. On the other hand, the breakfast buffet is outstanding. Lots of choice and very good quality products ! Not to be missed !

As I had an Executive room, I had access to the “free cocktails” in the evenings on the 10th floor. There, the personnel is so kind, so smiling, so helpful so … everything. Nothing to do with the “stars” at breakfast. A big thank you to these very nice and efficient ladies. Very nice place to stay from 5 to 7pm.

As I also went to Manila for its night life, I did not come back to the hotel before early morning. At 9am, a guy was already ringing at my door to check the mini bar !!! Ok, I did not put the “don’t disturb” sign but anyway … can we not sleep in the morning ???

I also tried a massage at the SPA. Very nice place, good massage, clean, cosy at a reasonable price. To be done !

The location is nice if you like to be quiet and the view is beautiful over the bay. If you are a night bird, it is maybe a bit far from the center but at least, if the personnel doesn’t wake you up, it is a very quiet and nice place.

Even though I had free internet in the Executive room, it was wired and not free in standard and though expensive rooms. No WIFI in the hotel rooms and lobby and I think that nowadays free WIFI everywhere has become a standard, even for less rated hotels.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MarcTisserand
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, we would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay in our hotel.

We are concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

We have taken serious note of your comment and rest assured that our Department Head concerned has been informed to address this matter. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay.

We strive to provide a superior experience for every guest therefore your feedback is very important to us. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Melbourne
Reviewed 3 March 2011

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Vancouver
Reviewed 3 March 2011

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 March 2011

The Hotel meets our expectation regarding room and food at Spirals. What was disappointing was the SLOW, Very Slow service at the check-in counter. They seem to be unsure of their job. It defeats the overall impression of professionalism and efficiency of any self-respecting hotel.
The room is clean and has most of the things we would look for - adaptor, hairdryer and good brand toiletries.
The housekeeping staff are efficient - less than 5 minutes waiting when I requested for an extra towel and blanket.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jnc_8

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your wonderful and excellent indulgence at the Spiral Restaurant and appreciated the quality of service in our hotel. Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the check in procedures order to prevent future occurrence.

Manila
Reviewed 1 March 2011

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2011

Reviewed 28 February 2011

Love the location of Sofitel Manila. It is located in Manila Bay just a little away from the busy city center.

Service is extremely good. Staff is very courteous and very much willing to be of service and to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Breakfast buffet and Brunch has a wide selection of choices.

Hotel just needs to upgrade its room. The TV is very old and the door to the veranda needs to be changed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pspgmr6

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We were very pleased to read that you had an overall excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. We at Sofitel Philippine Plaza do not only meet, but exceed customer expectations. As we give emphasis on all aspects of the elegance of our hotel environment such as beautiful ambiance, luxurious food, high end technology, friendly and experienced staff. Your kind words on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and rest assured that it will be passed on to the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again, I thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
Walled City
Pan Pacific Manila
#2 of 109 in Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!