“Made Our Adoption Journey More Comforting”
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Pan Pacific Manila
Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed here during our first adoption back in September 2007, based on another adoptive family's recommendation. I am Filipina and my husband is Caucasian. We just returned yesterday after staying again at the Pan Pacific Manila for almost two weeks, and I cannot emphasize enough how much we felt at home: Dennis from the Front Desk remembered us from last time, and every request (from crib addition to extra utensils or tissue) was met with a smile. Malate, where this hotel is located in Manila, is truly part of the downtown experience, and we had an unforgettable time. With our timely appointments, it was well worth utilizing their hotel taxis--gave us a peace of mind and security. We will definitely return with our daughters, to show them the warmth of the home country, and intend to stay here again. Thank you :)

Room Tip: Request remodeled room & facing Manila Bay.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank c&rclark
AubreyAda, Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Dear Madame,

Thank you for the positive feedback that you posted about our property. We will pass on your commendation to Dennis and to the rest of our Butlers and the Management Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your daughters very soon so they too can experience the Filipino hospitality we are all known for.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed 5 June 2011

The service at this hotel was definitely top notch. I was constantly greeted by my name and always had service with a smile. The rooms are quite nice and spacious. Security was great and really helped to put my mind at ease. The only downside was that the hotel is now under renovation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Dmanuel2318

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves of being the first and only Butler Service hotel in the Philippines. Thank you for commending the security in our property as well.

We are pleased to inform you that our renovation is almost finished and we would like to invite you back and stay with us.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

When were in Manila we always love to go to the Pan Pacific for its nice view and excellent pre dinner cocktail. The pre dinner cocktail is a buffet with all kinds of pica-pica, or little snacks and a free cocktail included.
The last time we were there we came in at around 17.30 hours while the pre dinner cocktail starts at 18.00 hours. We came to the frontdesk of the restaurant and told the lady that we where going to have the pre dinner cocktail. She kindly brought us to our seats and the waiter came to inquire which cocktail we wanted to drink. After the cocktails arrived we went to the table were the little treats were displayed and made a choice what to eat. We had a wonderfull and romantic night with the best service you can expect from a high class hotel. The staff is, besides being perfectly adequate, sincerely polite and nice. When we wanted to pay the bill they wanted to charge us extra for the cocktails because we started 15 minutes to early with ordering them. A rather dissapointing experience which also resulted in a bill almost twice as high as we'd expected. After this we had a sort of sour taste in our mouth. Not from the food because it was simply excellent. That such a big hotel is making a fuzz about two cocktails gave us a funny taste in the mouth.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank snoekie92
AIMendoza, Front Office Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel and your experience.

However, we are deeply disturned by the issue you mentioned on your recent visit.
We want to aplogize for this as we have failed to meet your expectations.

Our hotel in Manila has a flawless reputation and continuously receives the
highest marks in overall service levels. We are at a loss as to explain what
went wrong this time. We will definetly take time to review and conduct trainings
to our associates as well.

In the meantime, allow us another opportunity to show you our true service excellence.
If you have completed our internal guest survey we shall also contact you back on a separate correspondence. Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail or call me for assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Home and Family soon

Anthony Mendoza
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2011

We stayed two nights and were very impressed. The butlers took care of everything we asked. The room was large and nice. Same with the bathroom. The staff in the dining room were very good at their job, polite and professional. Food was excellent. The transportation staff drove us around Manila safely. You couldn't stay at a better place than here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TLA07
AubreyAda, Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our Hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your comments on how you were impressed by our Butler Service, dining and room facilities. We truly aim to make all our guests feel at Home with us.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

Aubrey Tolentino-Ada

Reviewed 21 April 2011

I wanted to stay in a Manila for a few nights where my husband and I would feel safe, looked after and convenience. Pan Pacific cerainly met my objectives. Knowing how chaotic it can be at the Manila Airport, I booked for one of the hotel cars to come and pick us up. They were waiting for us when we got out and also managed to find us. It was very smooth going, the car was clean, the driver friendly. The check in was very comfortable, sat in the lounge and had our welcome drinks whilst they sorted the paperwork. I thought the lobby would be bigger and more grand but it was still very nice. More important for me was the service. I asked for an upgrade and they gave us a beautiful corner room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay. Room was very spacious and nicely decorated. I love shopping and it was fantastic to be able to walk to Robinson's Mall, instead of having to catch a taxi. There are a lot of restaurants around walking distanced and we also walked down to Manila Bay. Didnt stay too long at the Bay, as it can be very smelly. Ordered breakfast in the room for both days and it was very relaxing sitting there looking out our window. Used their threadmill at the gym - didnt see anyone else use it, but you can watch the traffic buzzing through Roxas Boulevarde whilst on the threadmill. Went up to their Panorama Room. They had an offer where you can buy drinks and have little snacks on their buffet table - which was yummy. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and enroute came back to this hotel for an overnight before we left the country.

Room Tip: Go up to their Panorama room for drinks/snacks.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diana037
AubreyAda, Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback and comments about our Hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay from your arrival to departure and that you enjoyed Manila.

Rest assured that we will share your comments to the rest of our Butlers and Management Team members.

We look forward to the opportunity of having you with us on your next visit to Manila.

Pan Pacific Manila

Reviewed 4 April 2011

First you should know that most hotels are in a completely different areaon manila. If you want to walk to bars, shops and go to the old city by short cab then stay in THIS area.
Also- might be a good idea to ask hotel to organise pick up. Outside the airport was pretty chaotic when we arrived.
Check in fast and friendly. Roomy, clean and smoke free lobby. Welcome drinks.
Room large and well appointed. not luxury 5 star but nice, huge bathroom, bed comfortable, safe etc and all the things you would expect. Pool area quiet, great service there and always plenty of chairs for sunbathing.
Service very friendly and attentive in general. We asked concierge for restaurant bookings and he did some research for us and called back.
only negatives- air con is room a little unresponsive. It's on but not adjustable. We also got 2 singles but that was partly out fault and we were Ok with this. A great stay- well located for tourism in area and if you want to see and meet locals rather than be in a high rise area then choose a hotel in this area! Also a huge shopping centre 5 mins away- many western/UK shops!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank schemie2016
AubreyAda, Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Hotel. We appreciate your comments and we are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the Pool area.

We have noted your comment about our aircon and rest assured that we will look into this matter.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and having you in our Hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2011

As an offshore worker I enjoy pampering myself to some extent after spending 28 days on and offshore installation living in a 12 foot X 9 foot room and working 14 to 16 hours a day.
To this end I decided to stop in Manila Philippines in my way home from the rig and treat myself to a 5 star hotel. I made a reservation at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Malate Manila, booked a deluxe room on the 16th floor high enough away from the city traffic noise. On arrival everything was as expected I checked in around 1230 pm got to my room had a shower and went out for a late night snack return to my room and retiring around 2 am. At 730 am on SATURDAY MORNING I was awoke by the sounds of hammers and saw , the hotel was under renovations and yes it was the floor directly above me . I complained to the manager 4 times starting at 0800 am and nothing was done until 3 pm that afternoon.
In the meanwhile disgruntled, tire from travelling and no sleep I was watching a movie in my room when house keeping came in to make up my room , as I observed what they were doing I was horrified , that coffee cup in your room , one goes out and assumes a new cup is put in you room daily , this is not so at the Pan Pacific , the coffee cup is taken to the bathroom rinsed under hot water dried with one of the towers from the bathroom and placed back next to the coffee pot for you to use the next day , no soap or disinfectant was used.
Saturday night , finally the construction noise was gone and off I went to bed about 11 pm I thought I heard my door bell ring , I got up put on a house coat and opened my door only to find out it was the door bell for the room 5 doors down from mine , this proceeded to occur every 1 to 2 hours until 5 am the door bell sounds as if it is right in your room

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank OTF
AubreyAda, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive and valuable feedback. We fully deplore the situation that we ended up creating due to our ongoing renovation, and we sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations or creating a memorable experience in this occasion .
Rest assured that your comments have been duly noted and shared with our internal community to avoid similar similar situation to reoccur in the future.
Also we shall complete our room renovation work within the next few months and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to have you back amongst us so we can reedem ourselves with Great service through our Butlers, and a Great hotel product.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Home and Family soon .
Regards. Richard Masselin, General Manager