“Extraordinaire!”
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Pan Pacific Manila
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Now this is what I call a true 5-star experience. Check-in was seamless, wi-fi password given at the reception, luggage was taken upstairs, welcome drink offered, and everything looked great in the room. The room is quite spacious and Internet works like a charm and no disconnections. Room service food was very good, and room service was prompt. The shower area and WC were very spacious and comfortable. The rooms actually appears to be quite new. Location is prime, as it is in the heart of the city and the hotel staff help you flag down a cab. I think this is my favorite hotel in Manila now, for business and pleasure!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank yofobubu
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Mais Oui Extraordinaire!! that's the way we want it

Thank you for such wonderful feeddback while staying with us.

Really gratifying to hear that you have truly enjoyed the ambiance of our Property, our renovated rooms and of course the service provided by of our butlers.

Thank you for for being loyal and promoting our Brand, and especially for having elected us as your Hotel of choice when visiting Manila.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back( and also meeting you) soon to your Home and Family in Manila. Warmest Regards. Richard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this great hotel in Malate, love the location it is bright vibrant and shopping is within a 4 minute walk from the front door of the hotel.
The rooms are large and clean and housekeeping excellent.
The staff make the hotel what it is a warm friendly hotel that after only two stays I really feel I can call home, after shopping some good food and a couple of drinks and then within a few easy steps you are welcomed home by the ever attentive doormen and reception staff. I always book my room directly with in house reservations and it has to be said that they are very friendly and accommodating and they always go that extra mile to make sure the reservation is just right, so top marks to them and the director of sales for leading from front.
My company actually has another preferred hotel for when I stay in Manila but for me there is no other better choice than the PP so I politely decline and make my own reservation at my home from home in the very heart of Metro Manila.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank alexandraShanghai

Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!

Thank you for returning to us and thank you for your wonderful feeddback on your recent stay among us .
It is Great to hear that you have truly enjoyed the ambiance of our Property, our location and accessibility to nearby malls and restaurant.

It is alwasy good to hear that we offer great value and that you were delighted by the service provided by of our butlers.

Thank you for for being loyal and promoting our Brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila. Warmest Regards. Richard

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We booked a room at the Pan Pacific as a stopover before a flight back to the UK - the hotel was what you would expect for a 5* hotel (although very reasonable). Great service most of the time, and very friendly reception staff who allowed us to check in early (at 12pm) and even gave us an upgrade (the Executive rooms had a lovely bathroom and very comfortable bed.

Breakfast was a huge spread and delicious, although not cheap (c900PHP after tax) if all you really want is some fruit and a piece of toast!

However we were left with a slight sour taste in the mouth as we were offered a welcome drink on arrival - we ordered a coffee and a mango shake, and upon check out I was informed that these were not covered as welcome drinks - this was never said to us at any point and we were charged c.800PHP for the two drinks (next door they would be 200PHP max). The staff member at checkout was extremely unhelpful (verging on rude) and was totally disinterested in what I had to say. This left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Room Tip: Executive room was very nice - nice view from the 16th floor
1  Thank hughandrew

Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!

Thank you so much for your feeddback with regard to your recent stay at our Property.

It is Great to hear that you have truly enjoyed the ambiance of our Property, our renovated rooms and of course the service provided by of our butlers.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the confusion over the welcome drinks and the charging of Specialty drinks. I am doubly sorry to hear that we were not able to rectify this issue upon your departure and sincerely apologize for creating this undesirable experience.
I have already reviewed this situaion with my management group and bulters so we avoid similar situation in the future.
I certainly hope you will return to us in the near future so we can duly redeem ourselves and create one of these full memorable hotel experiences.

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand.

If we I can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly. Also let me know when you return to us

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights and was very impressed. Standard quality 5 star service and amenities. In the middle of Malate too which has great night life so you're just a hop away from a lot of fun.

I had some bad luck on the first night there when I was walking around the streets and tripped and tore a ligament in my foot. The hotel staff were brilliant. An on-site doctor took a look at my foot, then the on-site nurse took me to a nearby hospital and helped me get an x-ray and medicine.

Excellent service from all the other staff I met too. Would recommend to everyone and also stay again when I come back to Manila.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay and Thank yo for sharing your warm and wonderful comments about our property and the service, assistance rendered by our Butlers and our nurse.
I will definitely share your kind message with our People.

We have obviously created a Memorable hotel experience.
Of course sad to hear that you injured your foot while visiting Manila.
Hope all is better now and that you are on full recovery.

Hopefully you return soon to the Philippines and stay again wiht us!

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment, please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.
Warmest Regards. Richard

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My wife had to stay here for a few hours. The location is perfect if you want to stay in Malate it is walking distance from Robinsons mall and if you are into the night life don't hesitate to visit any one of the bars in the area I recommend Bedrock. We didn't get to try the food but for the room it was spacious and up to date. TV in the bathroom was fun plus separate bathtub and shower. Bed was plenty comfortable and the view was quite nice. Although there was a bit of a problem with the WIFI they did what they could to fix it asap. Also they let us check in two hours early which was really very nice of them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!

Thank you for such wonderful feeddback while staying with us.
It is alwasy good to hear that we offer great value and that you that you were delighted by our
Facilities and hotel experience

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel for one night in December 2013. Every staff member we interacted with, from the front desk to the restaurant, was friendly and attentive.
While our night in Manila was only intended as a quick nights sleep before an early flight, we ended up having a memorable experience.

Right from our welcome drink (which included alcohol as an option!) we were treated with kindness and courtesy. The young male bartender was friendly and helpful, giving us tips and chatting happily with us while the equally friendly front desk staff finished up the paper work. We arrived later in the evening, and he suggested we try the buffet. He called up and let them know we were coming.

When we went up to the restaurant, we were greeted by name. We had a great dinner, with free-flowing beer for an extra cost. Your glass would not be half empty before they would come to refill it, it was great!

The manager in the restaurant was beyond courteous. He made sure our table was attentively waited on, even as the dinner buffet hours were coming to a close. He asked if we liked cheese, and before we knew it, had returned with an entire cheese platter with crackers and dried fruit that he had specially made. He also cut up mangoes and of course didn't let our glasses become empty. Our breakfast buffet was also a treat. Many choices and good service, especially for a buffet.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend much time actually enjoying the beautiful facilities offered by the hotel, such as the swimming pool and fitness centers, but they looked great.

Overall, our short stay made a lasting impression and if I am ever in Manila again I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay and very Glad to hear that we created a Memorable hotel experience for you and Family.

Thank you for such wonderful feeddback indeed, we shall share with our Butlers and management team, your precious recognition.

It is alwasy good to hear that we offer great value and that you that you were delighted by your breakfast experience at the Pacific lounge. Hopefully you return soon to the Philippines!

Thank you for being loyal to our Brand.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a really nice hotel in the Malate area of Manila. I really can't complain about anything. I was able to get a small discount for paying in full, in advance. I think $107 USD/night. No breakfast though. You get free internet access but at a slower speed than if you pay. To me the location was great. But then again I am the adventurous kind. If you prefer Western standards, you should book a hotel in Makati. I prefer to stay in hotels with locations with local flavors. And this certainly qualifies. There are many massage/spa nearby, bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. There is also a large mall Robinsons mall within walking distance. There is also a train stop LRT a few blocks away. I loved this neighborhood. I stayed in Makati before and always sooo bored. It looks like any Western city with its high rises and such. There was so much more life and more Philippines in Malate. I will be staying here again.

2  Thank Vol T

Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay and very Glad to hear that you truly enjoyed our Property and the spirit of Malate! created a Memorable hotel experience for Family.

Thank you for such wonderful feeddback indeed.

It is alwasy Great to hear that we offer great value and that you that you were delighted by our facilities and our Butler service.Hopefully you return soon to the Philippines!

Thank you for being loyal to our Brand.