“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and i stayed here for 3 nights. In my opinion this is the best hotel i ever stayed in. Great service, perfect breakfast, nice pool with jacuzzi and for me very important great gym facilities. I will really be coming back to this hotel when i stay in manilla next time. In my opinion they deserve a 6 star rating.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank 83-Stefan-83
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 10 August 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and find the quality of service to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Ernie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I am surprised about the location and the view was terrible. I called prior to arrival to book me in higher floor with bay view. Unfortunately, was book with half sea view half shanties view.

The location was pretty scary as it is located near bars and clubs.

There's welcome drinks for the three of us. My husband didn't like the young girl crying sitting next to an old foreigner in the lobby.

Also, there are a lot of young girls with older foreigner all over the hotel even at breakfast. It makes the place really not fancy. I reckon, It is why strict dress code is implemented at the breakfast area. I have to get back to my room and change cos I'm wearing shorts though I am wearing a decent length.

Breakfast is fair.
Room is really nice and my husband loved the office area. We loved how big the bathroom is. My baby is happy cos she was able to watch Mickey Mouse while taking a bath.

The pillows were too hard and high though. I need to get the extra pillow in the closet to be able to sleep.

This hotel isn't a 5 star for me. It's more of a 4 star, perhaps the room is the only thing this hotel was categorised as a 5.

Staff were great too! Fantastic service. Fantastic room. Terrible location an ambience.

I don't think we will be back cos of the ambience, Even if we loved the room.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank LouisM07
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and facilities during your last stay with us, and we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities as per your comments. It is unfortunate to hear that you find our surrounding not to your liking. Our hotel has recently formed a small group with the business owners in the area to uplift and refresh the activities and environment in our neighborhood, what was once called the "Spanish Quarter"; the group is also deeply active in activities supported by the local government. I hope that in your return visit here, you would see a fresher and more vibrant Malate district.

We also apologise if our standard pillows are not to your liking. We do have a pillow menu that lists the different types of pillows that are available to the guests, which can be requested through our Butler Plus.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and consider staying with us again.

I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We hope to welcome you back soon here at your new home in Manila.

Kind regards,
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here last June and I was very satisfied with the service, breakfast buffet and the rooms. Actually, I liked my room with the teeny-tiny TV set in the bathroom until I saw my friend's room. It was more spacious and better laid-out. LOL

Check-in was a breeze, so was check-out. And the rate is quite reasonable compared with the astronomical prices of other 5-star hotels in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Green S
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, our breakfast buffet, and find the quality of service to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Manila
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice & modern hotel. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and always smiling. I would recommend this hotel, it is a great value comparing to others hotels in Manila.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

2 Thank Michel D
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 3 August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I decided to stay here to make a surprise for my partner and thru the Global Hotel Alliance, I was able to make a reservation smoothly. Upon checking in, a warm smile welcomed me as they immediately offered assistance. A refreshing thick mango juice was given to me as a welcome offering while they process my registration. As expected, it was smooth and fast.

The room I got was more spacious than I expected, the marbled working desk is nice and there is plenty of space. As this reservation was a surprise, I setup balloons in the room and asked the butlers not to remove it during turndown service. Yes, they did not remove the setup and they even put some pastries (I think it was part of the turndown amenity) but it turned out to be an additional surpise for my partner. Thank you :)

Then here it goes, as my partner entered the room, he was very surprised and started crying with all the setup in the room. He thought that my gift to him were the pastries. Few minutes later, someone knocked the door for the delivery of the special birthday cake I requested. I, too, was surprised because I did not expect the cake to be something very very nice.

On the next day, we enjoyed their kidney-shaped swimming pool with jacuzzi. More than the facilities, the pool attendants were very courteous as they accommodated us with their warm hospitality, perfect for the rainy weather.

Finally, check out was smooth as expected because they have separate desk dedicated for cashiering. By the way, our 3pm late check out was granted. Service was consistent. I am not a VIP but they made me feel one.

As a hotelier's point of view, I see them as an inspiration for me to bring better service for my guests. What makes a good hotel is not only the facilities, but also a sincere service from the staff.

Thank you very much and I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fojbmanila
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 2 August 2014

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 July 2014

You will love every bit of your stay there...lovely hotel, amazing breakfast, great helpful staff...great cleanliness...everything very good...I will never look anyother place to stay in Manila....spacious rooms...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gauravrohatgi
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 27 July 2014

Larvik, Norway
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a good hotel we coming back to,the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is very good,the
rooms have a nice size and the bathrooms have bathtub.
Rooms are clean and the lobby is nice, and often they have good promos too,so this is a hotel
that i can recommend to my friends.
The only small downside is that the breakfast is on a high floor and the swimmingpool is so small
but all the other positive things about this hotel makes a stay at this place very enjoyable.
And you have walking distance to shoppingcenter, restaurants and a very busy nightlife,also its very easy to catch a cab and go everywhere you want!!

Room Tip: Choose a executive room or a suite these have a good value