Pan Pacific Manila
US$123
US$80
US$48
Agoda.com
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$51
Hotels.com
Red Planet Mabini(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$38
US$148
US$135
Travelocity
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
1,435 results
All reviewsbutler servicetop floorpillow menuwelcome drinkbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomexecutive roomexcellent hotelmakati areabusiness hotelrobinsons mallfive star hotelrobinson's placelate checksecuritybathtubadriatico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Before we left for our 3 week trip to the Philippine's, I did tons of research as to where to stay in Manila for the first 5 days of it. Having never been there, I relied heavily on reviews of hotels and mainly stayed with what is considered to be 5 star. I finally decided on the Pan Pacific and got a truly great deal online for a Pacific suite. I loved the fact that is wasn't in the financial district and is amidst the reality of Manila. We felt safe the whole time when we walked around, but at least we saw what the city is really like.
We arrived early in the morning ( at the hotel at 530 am!) and they did charge us a half day rate to get into our room early, but so be it. When we got to our suite, we loved it. Very clean, spacious, quiet and we really liked the bathroom with it's separate shower and large tub ( with a tv above it). The butler service is very good and whatever you need is sent up to the room in a very prompt manner. We had a minor issue where the cleaning staff threw out a third of a bottle of our wine that we had left in a wine bucket, but the hotel replaced the bottle with no problem. If I had a complaint, it would be the wi-fi which I always resent paying for. We went down to the desk and they finally did give it to us, but it went to management etc before they would comp it with the room.
Also, we went to travel to other islands for a couple of weeks, and they stored our luggage for us, for no charge and no problem .
Over all we loved it!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tamarahm
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Very spacious well-appointed rooms with comfortable beds and pillows.
Large bathroom with separate bath and shower and atylish compimentaries. Coffee-making facilities are also included, though wi- fi is extra. Excellent service from numerous staff. The top floor restaurant has a wonderful view, with extensive buffet breakfast (including Chinese and Japanese dshes - make sure that you are
hungry!) and a tasty reasonably-priced dinner menu (though the restaurant is best avoided if there is a noisy party in the adjacent room). The hotel has its own taxi service (airport: 1200 pesos). Close by (5 min walk) is Robinson's Mall, which has a large selection of shops, a supermarket and inexpensive restaurants with a range of cuisines, as well as free wi-fi. There are other restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel, especially Japanese and Korean. The high standards of the hotel are in stark contrast to its surroundings. It is close to the bay, where night- time illuminatiions make the promenade appear more attractive than it actually is. Indeed the area as a whole is depressing and unsettling, with its abject poverty, pimps and hawkers, all choked by traffic.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiptoptraveller
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Nice place, location, room, service ...
BUT : far overpriced breakfast, P900. And nothing special: I missed ham ...
I even liked the included breakfast at La Carona better.
Free wifi at the lobby. But charge extra in the room. It should be free ( like La Carona).
But possible to get it free: First go down to lobby: Login and never logout. Then you can use it in your room!
I would stay there again if free breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank gomaxgo
Reviewed 17 December 2009

1. GREAT LOCATION: Surrounded by MANY restaurants, money exchange, next to Robinson`s mall,; close to two other major shopping malls, 3 minute walk to the famous Manila bay where u have a spectacular view of the sunset each day. To other locations like Greenhills or Makati, just take the taxi. Taxis are very cheap in the Philippines.

2. EXCELLENT STAFF: very friendly, corteous and efficient. All smiling faces. Christmas serenade at the lobby. Acapella chorus of famous Xmas songs... for those who have been away from the Phil. for quite a while, this was a wonderful, really touching welcome treat.

3. EXCELLENT SERVICE: quick check-in complimentary arrival drinks at the lobby; coffee in the room; easy booking, they reply to all your emails.

4. HUGE CLEAN ROOM; large, comfy bed, many big big pluffy pillows; clean soft sheets; BIG toilet and bath with quality bath products.Ah, tv in the bathroom...soak and watch your fav. program or just sleep away travel fatigue while listening to hum of some tv show. Great!.

I haven't had breakfast yet so I will upddate this later on. So far no downside. Ah, internet is not free but cheap rate anyway. So it is ok. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I confess when researching where to stay in Manila, on both sides of an incredible holiday in Boracay, that the "butler concept" at the Pan Pacific was the hook. I was thinking that I would have the Pinoy equivalent of Wodehouse's Jeeves. Well I was disabused of my preconceptions right away upon checking in for the first stay: there are butlers everywhere. From check-in, to room service, to the pool, to the top floor restaurant for incredible buffet breakfasts...butlers. butlers everywhere. Why does this work so well? Because there are so many of them. Because management has empowered them to take care of guest requests down to the last detail. Because guests are given service that elevates them, and the individual lodger is made to feel valued and important. Great concept, this!

Reserve your room on the hotel Website using a prepaid advance rate if possible: great value for money. Upon my late arrival my prepaid Pacific King room was no longer available, so the hotel upgraded me to a Suite with its own huge sala (living room). If I'd had known people in Manila, I would have thrown a party there, it was that big! Decor wasn't especially dated...it reminded me of Hilton style, and that's not bad in my book. Needless to say, the rooms were spotless. Robes and slippers were at hand. Lovely mangoes were a welcome amenity at check in. Turndown service every night put sweets and bottled water at hand by my bedside.

My bathroom was awesome, nicely appointed with more amenities than I've ever seen in a hotel. The shower stall was more like a lounge, it was that big. I loved the soaking tub with its own pot of bath salts. In the mornings, the breakfast buffet on the top floor was truly awesome, with something for everyone's taste (even a roast joint of lamb! how Edwardian) and everything delicious. Later on, the pool was its own small oasis, kept up beautifully with great attentiveness by the pool butler (yes, another butler!). At night I loved the Lobby Lounge with personable service by the bartenders, and the chance to enjoy delicious Tanduay Dark rum with calamansi...a proudly Pinoy libation!

My return stay between Boracay and flying back to the States was just as satisfactory. This time I got an Executive room on a high floor with killer views of the city. I had had to leave luggage at the hotel due to baggage restrictions on SEAIR to Caticlan, and it was recovered at checkin relatively quickly as I enjoyed a "welcome drink" of San Mig in the Lobby Lounge.

I had an extremely positive experience at the Pan Pacific Manila, despite the neighborhood...running the gauntlet of hawkers on the way to Robinson Mall was a little bit intimidating, but firm and polite No's and maintaining walking speed did the trick. Once inside the hotel, you are pampered and cozened. I felt like I was in a dreamland due to the attentiveness of the staff, representing the best of Filipino hospitality. I would come back to this place in a heartbeat.

The only quibble was the price of Internet access...just about at Hilton prices, and I had been hoping for the Philippines to be cheaper in that regard. But that was the only wrinkle

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo