The Manila Hotel
US$127
US$80
US$39
Agoda.com
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$51
Kimberly Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$45
Agoda.com
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$39
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Travelocity
Hotel H2O(Manila)
US$210
US$111
Travelocity
1,625 results
All reviewscafe ilang ilangchampagne roomylang ylanggrand dameswim up barhistorical hoteldouglas macarthurgeneral macarthuroldest hotelrizal parkclassic hotelbreakfast buffetgrand lobbyfive star hotelhotel lobbychinese restaurantbay view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Located at the heart of the old city, the Manila Hotel is traditional and sprawling but had good service and a decent range of dining options.
Intramuros is a short walk (across a very busy scary highway) from the hotel if you are inclined to sight see but It is really set up as a business hotel.
The rooms were large, with some rather imposing furniture but pleasant and clean.
Well priced for the region.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Project25
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our first trip to Manila, and so we decided to stay 3 nights in Manila Hotel. There are of course other selections of modern luxury hotels, but we felt we need to stay in here to start in Manila. We loved this classic hotel. Yes, structure is old and it's not like it has an infinity pool. But our room in Tower was nicely decorated with classic colonial taste that I can overlook the fact that the rain shower did not work and a desk drawer got stuck.. I also wished if they had two double beds, rather than two twins (which felt pretty narrow). Food was great - we loved the wonderful breakfast buffet! We also had a light lunch at the lobby (wonton soup, mini spring rolls, etc.) which was excellent as well. The customer service will show you (upon request) their archive room where they have pictures of hotel history. Said they also show you McCarthur Suite if it is not occupied. Location was perfect for sight seeings as it is located right next to Rizal Park and very near Intramuros. Over all, with this price it is definitely a great buy.

Room Tip: We loved the view of Rizal Park and Intramuros. We found the port view a bit too industrial.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BrooklynGirl1121
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Nothing much to say except all is just so nice. Exceptional view from the room, large and comfortable room, even a second tv screen in the bathroom (but should be put on a another wall..), incredible breakfast buffet... High value for the price
One little remark: price for the laundry are just stupidly high!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I did not have great expectations. The hotel is old and is part of Philippine history. General MacArthur stayed here before. My last stay was 30 years ago.

I booked a 5th floor room overlooking Luneta for photography to cover the ONE MILLION PEOPLE MARCH. Good vantage point. Room was ok, but clearly old. Switches were of the old style. The hotel room is spacious and clean.

Downside: when I had rice cakes for snacks at the lobby and signed the cheque, the server had to tell me "Let me check first". I found this tactless, if not downright offensive. It is a clear signal that I am not trusted. Other hotels would handle this differently - - not hold you on your table until after they have verified your room number. The front desk was not as welcoming either. When I checked in (I had a prior reservation and they already got my details) I was asked in a stern voice "I need your passport sir". When I raised my eyebrows (I am a local and I don't carry my passport everyday), I was told "or any valid ID". I find this in sharp contrast with the welcoming smile of front desk clerks in other hotels. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, and have stayed in many presidential suites. And have also stayed in 3 and 4-star hotels. I wonder why a great hotel, albeit old, would have such unwelcoming, tactless staff. On the other hand, the concierge staff and the lady who showed me the room the day before were both welcoming and nice.

The breakfast spread was good.

Because I did not have great expectations, I still rate the hotel AVERAGE TO GOOD.

Room Tip: Depends on what view the guest wants. Choose a Luneta view, sea view, or Intramuros (old historic town and golf course) view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angelito P
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The Manila Hotel in it's hey day must've been like the Raffles of Manila. Unfortunately, these days it is looking very tired and is in desperate need of a facelift. We booked a Verandah Suite here and it was like stepping back in time. The room was huge but very 70's - think beige carpets, old fashioned bedspreads and brown bathrooms. I know that they have updated their other rooms/ suites but we can only comment on our room.

We had dinner in the Champagne Room and the food was mediocre, at best. But if you can overlook the food, the dining room is fabulous. Very Gatsby inspired with the crystal palm trees and brocade seating. We had breakfast in the recently renovated Cafe Ilang Ilang and despite the impressive selection, it was only average in terms of quality.

On a more positive note, the staff were friendly and always had a smile. We stayed here specifically to explore the neighbouring Intramuros.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple