“Consistently an elegant hotel with a great customer service”
Review of The Manila Hotel

The Manila Hotel
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year , June 2013 and another time last month May, 2014. We booked 3 rooms for a big family wedding. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet offers a great array of Filipino and international dishes. Kids 4 years old and below can have free breakfast. The only downside to our stay is the frequent deactivation of our room keys. The concierge and reception / front desk staff are very helpful and courteous. Ask for the complimentary bottled water from room service/ housekeeping. On the way up to my room , from the lobby, I tripped on the stairs but was glad that the security personnel and the hotel staff quickly helped me stand up and the hotel staff even made sure that I was okay and was led safely to my room. My daughter developed allergies after eating from the buffet, but was quickly attended to by the very efficient and skillful Manila Hotel nurse. Thanks Manila hotel

Room Tip: Get the rooms near the side of the Mc Arthur suite because the elevators there, are not floor speci...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Porter120

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This would have to be the best hotel in Manila. Staff are amazing and service is great. The afternoons are a delight with the chamber Orchestra providing the perfect back drop to kick off the night life.
The food is excellent for dining at the fabulous restaurant and again the staff make you feel like a king or queen with first class service.
Would recommend this hotel to all that like to travel with style and class

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell1950
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I did a review on this hotel two years ago stating my concern about a portion of the bay behind the hotel near the end of the swimming pool. When I went back to the hotel a few days ago I was pleasantly surprised that the problem seem to have been addressed. There was no rubbish floating about on the water and no unpleasant smell. This time around we also discovered more about the surrounding area like the lovely Rizal park where one can join in for an early morning open air work out. We also enjoyed relaxing in the elegant and spacious lobby with live music. The buffet breakfast was good with a variety of food to choose from. The bed is comfortable with fresh linen. Also love the bathroom. Unlike the other hotels in Makati, this hotel is a little bit out of the way as far as shopping is concerned but certainly not that far either.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the bay and the swimming pool. Lovely to watch the sunset.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lovenorfolk102
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for work reasons and aside from the location being a bit out of the way and it's not exactly near Makati or Ortigas areas (there are also no malls or restaurants located within close walking distance), but the hotel itself is okay.

It has an old world charm filled with lots of modern comforts. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the room itself is nice with a comfy bed and a ton of pillows! The bathtub's got a TV at the side and the wifi is easy to access and you don't have to do too much to get yourself online (unlike some hotels that make you log in every X no. of hours with long username and password)

One feedback I have about the room itself is that the bathtub's control knob wasn't working well (had to keep twisting it to get it to work and at one point it actually came loose!) and I couldn't even drain the water on one of the days (had to call house keeping to let them know!).

Another thing to note (not so much about the room service but food quality) - I ordered a lobster bisque via room service and I was told that it would take up to 25mins, I thought that was rather long since it was just soup, but didn't mind it so much. When the food arrived, I was happy to see it until I actually tried it. Unfortunately it was way too salty (almost like salt water) which was a pity because the mascarpone ravioli in the soup was actually really nice. I actually ended up mixing it with water to make the soup more drinkable.

Room service aside, the breakfast buffet is great. They have a good range of cuisines from western, Korean, Chinese, Indian and local, just about something for everyone.

Price-wise we were given a special corporate rate thanks to the event we were participating in but if you had to pay the regular rates, you may want to reconsider as I understand that for the same price, there are other similar hotels that are more conveniently located within Makati.

Basically, other than the 3 items I highlighted - location, bathtub and room service's lobster bisque, the overall experience was good. As for the price, I consider it a separate item you'll have to assess yourself.

Room Tip: IF you like sea view, do request for them to provide a room facing it. If you prefer the view of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MsChipper
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Okay, it's old...and that distinct feature is the main reason for it's unsurpassed beauty. Manila Hotel has this iconic ability to elegantly bridge history and modern times. Hotels around Metro Manila claim to be 6-star hotel? That being the case, should I say Manila Hotel is a 7-star hotel? In terms location,it's superb-- with either the picturesque Manila Bay or the
Intramuros Golf Course just
outside your window. And
the lobby is regal in its own rights. Perfect for first time tourists who would like to experience Manila.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank KikayRepublic
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was my nth time in Manila hotel but it was my first stay-cation. Previously we would stay at the hotel for weddings or parties and such and it was my first time to really just enjoy what the hotel has to offer.

As usual, service was top notch, from the moment you enter to the moment you step out, you would really feel important and pampered. I was the type to come out of the room very dressed down (like in shorts or jeans & t-shirt) but never did I get those weird stares from the staff (I sometimes get that in some hotels but I don't care, I'm paying to be comfortable :P) and they were always very courteous and helpful.

Comparing the rooms then and now, I have seen upgrades here and there but still needs refurbishing. The carpet still made me sneeze occasionally. Of course I know the hotel isn't new and it has to maintain it's old world charm but it could use a few new things.

Food: as expected. Well, I have never been a fan of what foodies this hotel has to offer and I have never attended a party here where I could say I really enjoyed the food. in my stay, it still stands. I don't know it it's just me.

Over all, it's still a wonderful experience to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chrynn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was here for a business meeting. A very beautiful hotel this is. Doorboys and doorgirls wearing theme costumes, a great hall then welcomes you. I recalled there was at least 2 good restaurant. Pool was okay with good poolside chairs. The location, however is a bit deserted ( near the Intramuros, but pretty far from downtown)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business