“too matured but not never cold”
Review of The Manila Hotel

The Manila Hotel
Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yes Manila Hotel have attained that icon status and have matured in the market but they did not lose they warmth. I brought my parents to Manila Hotel in celebration of their 45 years of marriage. We were surprised by a staff when they came knocking at my parents room with a regular sized complimentary chocolate cake to celebrate the anniversary with us. Manila hotel may be matured in the market but they are never cold to their guest. Every guests is welcomed with warmth. The ambiance in the lobby is just as endearing as the rooms set up with all the shell capiz fixtures. The TV inside the tub was enjoyed by the kids. The variety of food in ilang- ilang cafe was a good way to start a day. I also love the fact that they have taho in the buffet. Manila Hotel is a comfort zone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Berna T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed here twice with friends: the first one was during a girl friend's 18th birthday celebration at the Maynila Ballroom (which was really spectacular) way back 2010 and her parents' silver wedding anniversary last 2013. The rooms are spacious, very classic, and the lobby was a fusion of the old and modern times. The staff were very courteous, and the food was really good. Too bad I wasn't able to go swimming at the pool. Highly recommended especially for tourists, so you can go and explore the wonders of Manila. :D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiersten Jayne A
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This 102 yo holds her age very well. I have stayed there several times and have not been disappointed. The lobby is awesome at any time of day. The Taproom bar is very relaxing for a late evening cocktail with a songstress acoompanied by a piano man. The gym is of a very good standard and the pool is just right. Sure, there are more moderm hotels but they are just pretenders. This is the real deal. I have only ever had the buffet breakfast here but if that is anything to go by I'm sure the other meal possibilities must be equally as good. The variety and quality of food at breakfast is very impressive, go hungry! There are some cracks in the corners here and there but you would have some too at 102. Anyway, I'd rather spend my $ keeping places like this alive. By far though, the most impressive thing about the Manila Hotel are the staff. It's their job to provide service but here it is their pleasure. They are some of the most pleasant hotel staff I have met. The costumes would delightful and put a smile on your face. Kids would love it! Anyway, Macarthur and The Beatles stayed there! The tour if the Macarthur room is next on my list.

Room Tip: If you think you may be staying more than once ask the concierge about their prestige card with nume...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is one of the finest hotel i have ever stayed, the staff is very cooperative and friendly. The bay facing property makes it more worthy. Indian delicacies served were so good that i over ate almost every time during my six days stay.
Had a peaceful, memorable, enjoyable stay. Cheers
!!Strongly recommended!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anubhav S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was one of the best i have ever stayed in the staff very friendly and helpful , rooms good standard , the food is excellent try the runnig buffet at night you will be very impressed and will have a wide range of international foods to choose from ,The costumes and uniforms from this hotel are different from any hotel i have seen before, Would stay here again with out a question great place with great staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mountin
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I like the lobby here because even when there is music played it is not drowned out. The acoustics of this place is among the best there is I've seen among hotels across Metro Manila and even across the entire country of the Philippines. The paintings are also apt in showing the portions of Philippine history and rural life.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Titanium R
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I really had a great time at Manila Hotel. This place has it all, history, quality service, EXCELLENT FOOD, comfortable rooms, magnificent location, great gym, big pool, and fun live singing entertainment. This was the last leg of our family trip and it was the best place to end it. I really miss Manila Hotel and their Breakfast Buffet.

Food: I can’t say it enough—the food is amazing here. The Breakfast Buffet is the best I have ever eaten and I have traveled to Europe, all over America, been to South America and Mexico—this is—hands down--the best I have ever eaten. There is something for everyone and the food is warm, plentiful and the servers are always so attentive. One server in particular, Mags, kept giving my family and I mangoes, warm pandesal, juice, milk—he was just great. If he is out there and reading this—Mags, you are the best server ever!

Location: My sister and I braved the extreme heat and humidity and walked to Intramuros. It’s a quick walk but with the heat it is completely unbearable. I live in Boston and am so used to walking around everywhere but in the Philippines it is a completely different story! Nevertheless, the hotel is within walking distance to Intramuros, Luneta (now called Rizal Park), and Manila Ocean Park.

Hotel Amenities: THE GYM----AMAZING. The locker room is better than the locker rooms I have in my gym! Usually I dread working out during a vacation but I had a blast working out in this gym because it was so clean, the machines were new and modern and the treadmills/ellipticals were brand new! There is a sauna in the locker room and hot tub. The pool is also great with a swim up bar. The live entertainment was spectacular (so I heard). I was not able to go because I was feverish one of the nights but my family said the singer was great.

Room: The room was slightly old and the carpet around the hotel is obnoxiously green. It is an averaged sized room but the bathrooms were really really nice. There was a TV in our bathroom with a bathtub and a separate shower. Our bathtub drain was broken though so we had to call maintenance. They came promptly about 20 minutes after our call and fixed it.

Service: I overheard the staff talking about a woman freaking out because her food was not warm and she found a hair strand on her plate of food. The staff was very scared and very attentive to her needs. Frankly, the woman was over bearing and the strand of hair was probably hers because no one else had the same problem—but the fact that the staff was really scared and did everything they could to accommodate the distressed diva meant a lot to me. Every day I was greeted with a “Hello Ma’am” or “good evening ma’am”. They were very courteous and helpful. They really wanted your stay to be excellent and as a guest, I really felt welcomed.

I could go on and on about this place but my review is long enough. I really enjoyed this place and for the price it is just simply excellent. I highly recommend staying here!!!!!! THANK YOU MANILA HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family