The Manila Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel H2O(Manila)
View Hotel
Bayview Park Hotel Manila(Manila)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,622 results
All reviewscafe ilang ilangchampagne roomylang ylanggrand dameswim up barhistorical hoteldouglas macarthurgeneral macarthuroldest hotelrizal parkclassic hotelbreakfast buffetgrand lobbyfive star hotelhotel lobbychinese restaurantbay view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, clean, big and with friendly service... Everything it should be however the morning we left we had no hot water for our showers which is pretty bad considering this is an iconic 5 star hotel. Other than that we loved it. The buffet is amazing!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank marm99999
Reviewed 11 August 2014

the offer buffet dinner. the food was excellent and a huge variety. it is difficult to try all. but who likes japanese food should try the japanese corner. around 1900 hours it was fairly empty but an hour later it was full with a lot of local people so reservation might be good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank peter s
Reviewed 6 August 2014

You just feel as if you are stepping back into history. This hotel has the history and it knows it. Nevertheless it still works hard to be modern too. One may think that this is not possible but Manila Hotel pulls it off admirably. It's close to so Intramuros and if you are interested in the much of the history of World War 2 this is a good place to start.

The front desk service is great here. The food is simply amazing. Some reviews say that you don't feel safe here--that was not the case for us. We felt perfectly safe. The hotel does offer great deals if you search around the web.

One of my favorite hotels of all time. I've visited many and I've visited this hotel twice over the last year. We will visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChlAlms
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the most historic hotel in the Philippines. It is a short walk from Intramuros and is located at the north end of the Manila Bay Strip. It is easy to reach from the airport, and is often used by aircrew. Check out some of the art work, it was commissioned for teh hotel by some of teh Philippines finest artists.

I found the service friendly and efficient, the hotel clean and quiet, and the pool and gym more than adequate. The rates can be heavily discounted in the off season and during these periods I think that the hotel is good value.

I would choose this hotel if I had one or two days in Manila as a tourist and wanted a base that allowed me to explore the Old City, check out the Museums, or head into the entertainment district in Malate. The Habour View Restaurant nearby is a nice alternative to the hotel and is located very nearby.

I would not choose this hotel if I were traveling to Makati / Quezon City for Business. You will just spend all your time in traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the port
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank homelesscanadian
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hi
Conclusion: If you have extra dollars to spend stay in Manila hotel. Everything gets 3 times pricier if you say you are staying in Manila hotel. Not at all recommended to stay and will never come back to this hotel.
Room price: 180 USD not worth at all. Even a 60 USD room is better than this.
Pros: Only the food. The food is good here. Many varieties for breakfast.
Cons: Many Many Many. Please see my review. This hotel does not deserve a 5 start not even 3 star. I got apologies from the hotel stay for everything asked. They only know how to say sorry, that too not in a polite way.
Please note that this is my personal experience. The hotel accepts the dollars to be converted to peso, but not the other way. You cannot convert the peso into dollars again when you check out. this is first time I am facing.
I am just back from a short trip to Manila. It is my first trip to Manila and I selected Manila Hotel, as it is one of the iconic hotels in the city and having a long history. I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights along with my girlfriend and my experience summarized in one word is “worst”. I am writing this review as to help other people who get deceived by the wonderful reviews about this hotel. It might be true for the persons who gave 5 stars to this hotel, but no offence I received the worst ever treatment or stay in my life time till now. I am a frequent traveler not on business but pleasure.
First about the hotel: Many people say its wonderful iconic hotel with majestic Lounge area and etc. It is somewhat true but not very exceptional. The actual rooms we stay is a makeshift hotel adjoining the monument. It is a 14 floors building which might have been built in last 15 years. Therefore, I feel it is absolutely fine to compare this hotel with other 5 start hotels in the city, not making an exception that this hotel was built in 1920’s. The rooms are ok not big as some reviewers said. View is also not that great, as I was staying in a room with city view.
Room and its amenities: The rooms are in good shape. The toiletries are very cheap, even a 2 star hotel will have better toiletries. No shaving kit in the bathroom, when asked for it another very very cheap set comes in. only 1 shower gel, 1 shampoo, 1 body lotion, and 1 set of toothbrush (all are very very small, photos attached). Considering two people staying in the room and taking shower twice or thrice a day as it is humid we need to run behind the room service every time for the cheap toiletries. The management lacks common sense here and we are forced to buy our own toiletries.
After having shower in the morning, I tried to make some coffee for me, ohh my God the kettle smells and again the in-room supplies for coffee are very cheap normal Nescafe sachet with milk powder and ohh…the sugar already someone who stayed before me dipped it in the coffee (photos attached). I can see the stains of coffee on all the sachets.
Service: Pathetic.
1. Booking the hotel is tedious. We need to prepay for the entire stay and are forced to stay their irrespective of what happens.
2. Booked airport pickup, sent an email and called personally to confirm. No reply to my email. When I called the front desk, they transfer the call to many people and at last someone confirms the pickup. After doing all this no airport pickup. My flight was delayed by 3 hours, reached Manila at 3:00 AM and there is no pickup. I was told that there is an airport lounge where I can wait. When reached to the lounge and found it is closed and no person available to give information, while other hotel persons are available and waiting for my co-passengers to be taken to their respective hotels. This is a nightmare for me, already traveled a long distance to reach and with flight delays I was pissed off. Borrowed a phone from security person called the hotel about my pickup. Again, the call gets transferred to many people and finally gets disconnected (may be they hang up). Found a taxi and reached the hotel paid 650 local currency (270 is normal price to airport from the hotel in the day and add 100 for the night so it should be around 370). My troubles started and paying the price for staying in Manila Hotel. As I mentioned above 3 times the usual pay.
3. Reached the hotel and again waited for 30 mins for check-in. Talk with the manager why my airport pickup is not available. No proper response and said will look in to it.
4. Around 11:00 AM taken a taxi to Intramuros from the hotel. To my shock after reaching there the taxi guy asks for 250 peso, which should be around 70 peso. When complained about this to the hotel no response. They say it’s a metered taxi.
5. Tried to book a package tour of the city through the concierge, the price was 2700 peso per person and I confirmed the booking. After couple of hours, they come back and say the price increased to 5200 peso per person. This is because the travel agent says I stay in Manila hotel, then I can pay for it.
6. After a long and tiring day, we are back to room and decided to have dinner. When we are down for dinner, we were informed that there is no dinner service available to the guests staying in the hotel as the whole section was booked for private party. Then what I am supposed to eat at the night 9:00 PM. After arguing for 15 mins they agreed for room service which took almost 1 hour to get our food to the room.
7. Next day, I took a taxi not from the hotel and spend only 800 peso on entire day travel which is all most 50-60 km.
8. Check out time: big issue in exchanging peso back to dollars. I exchanged 70 dollars at the hotel and was left with some peso equal to 80 dollars @40 peso at the time of check out. I requested the hotel people to exchange back to dollars at the same price. They said no we cannot do that, we take only dollars and cannot take peso back. This is their own currency they don’t want it back. They did not mention this to me when I exchange dollars to peso or not written anywhere. I was adamant to get the dollars. They say its normal policy with all 5 star hotels in Manila. It this utterly rubbish.
There are many thing which I want to explain, due to time constraints I am ending this now. If possible, will edit my review and add all the information in the future. All in all my stay in this hotel is very horrible and I will not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not go into this hotel unless you wish to spend more money
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple