“A Good Introduction to Manila”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband had work in the Philippines and I decided to go with him on his trip. We stayed at Century for most of our visit. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful, and the views were nice. This hotel makes up for the flight there. The lounge featured a pianist and it was a very welcoming sound to hear. The rooms need a little updating but they are very comfortable. Our room featured a balcony with a nice view. The sunset was amazing. Will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are very delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We have updated rooms in the deluxe floors 14th to 17th, next time you stay with us we recommend that you book this. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Century Park Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I missed my connection and Philippine airlines put me in this hotel for 1 night. Normally I stay in Makati for the good selection of restaurants and shopping. Unfortunately there are only 3-star and 5-star hotels need there.

This hotel is clean, comfortable and enjoyable. The weather was not good so I didn't venture too far away though. Across the street is a mall which is very convenient with food and shopping offerings. Many shops are vacant. I also got approached by people begging which I don't get in
Makati.

The room was spacious but a bit old. that is the main reason for the 4 rating other than the location. I will attach photos of the room later.

The lobby was spacious and modern. I ventured around to the gym and the top floor lounge which were also nice. There were several wedding functions going on here over the weekend and I also found other westerners staying here as well.

I had coupons for the buffet dinner and breakfast which had good selection of food to choose from. However both have 5-star pricing. 860 pesos plus tax and service charge for breakfast and 1215+ for lunch/dinner. Both have a selection of hot food and soup, desserts etc. I am ok with the value here but I have had better buffets in Makati for a similar price.

I would recommend a stay here if I needed to be in the Malate area of Manila. Otherwise I still prefer Makati.

1  Thank steve5n
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and our food. We look forward to your next visit, in case you have to stay in Malate again, our area.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We had our 3 days 2 nights activity here. Food is monotonous.All are fried.Since we dont want to serve pork, the main dish are either fish (cream dory) or chicken from breakfast to dinner. Fresh fruits are served on breakfast only. The room is average on a sense that it doesn't have other perks like daily newspaper per room. On one hand, staff are accomodating.

2  Thank zoosunbee

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that you found our staff accommodating. My understanding about your food comment is that your meals were served exclusively in a function room for your "activity." If my assumption is correct ( I stand to be corrected), the food choices are arranged and decided on by the organizer, not by the hotel. We provide whatever was the agreement. In our restaurants there are several food choices and fruits are always available during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Makati.

1  Thank steve5n

Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived on this hotel just this afternoon to inquire for their Room Rates this coming weekend, as we are seeing the entire hotel and its facilities, we decided to take a short rest on their Lobby lounge located at the lower ground floor while we are waiting for our friend. What is very annoying, the lounge staff who approached us and ask that it is not allowed to stay at the lounge if we will not order anything to drink!!!! What the???! I dont understand the logic of being a hotel that knows the meaning of hospitality and accomodation!!! the lounge is located at the ground floor facing the piano performer. And yet it is not allowed to take a sit there if you will not order anything! The girl staff told us that if we will not order anything then we should transfer on the upper floor to wait for our friend! We felt that were just kicked off from the lounge! No apologies or whatsoever?! I reported this to the duty manager, (the old guy beside the reception) but I dont know if He will do something about this! What was happened makes us not to proceed our 4night booking with this hotel anymore! We really felt we were kicked off! I hope you should not do this to other guests.

2  Thank Jnlhotelhopper
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We regret that you felt bad about your experience at our Atrium Lounge, this was never our intention. We have called the attention of our Atrium Lounge attendant and discussed this with their team. We should have explained our self in a much better way so that we could have avoided your bad impression. Once again, thank you for taking time out to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed for only 1 night, the room we had needed a little updating, but found it to still be clean & comfortable. Wifi only free in the lobby area, connection wasn't so bad. Outside of the hotel there's a variety of food outlets to choose from, which is good if you get peckish. The bar lounge area had plenty of seats where you can have a few social drinks where I found the waitresses to be friendly & accomodating. Would have loved to provide a more detailed review on this hotel, but after only an overnight stay, it would be fair to say it was still an pleasant stay for me & would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are very delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are glad that you found our Atrium Lounge attendants very friendly and accommodating. This will surely motivate them to be always at their best. We have refurbished rooms located in the deluxe floors 14th to 17th, next time you consider us, may we suggest that you book these rooms. We also have an on-going update in our WIFI coverage of the whole hotel. Next time you visit us the whole hotel should have WIFI access. Once again, thank you for taking time out to give your review.

Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my wife and 2 kids for 3D2N. Breakfast buffet is awesome and service crew especially ms. Chona San Diego was accommodating and pleasant. Luckily the deluxe room we occupied was already refurbished with new features. Internet was a bit sluggish but was able to do Skype calls. Some parts of the hotel needs updating.

But all in all good service.

• Stayed: April 2013
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are extremely pleased that you and your family enjoyed your breakfast. Your comment about Ms. Chona San Diego, our Assistant Outlet Manager has been noted. This will surely motivate her to be always at her best. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.