“true hospitality”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The hotel may give an old impression, actually it's an old Sheraton, but once you enter your room you will find a clean and spacious area.

Bathroom could do with an update however it was clean and everything functioned.

Staff are very friendly and helpful in a genuine way.

Location is good, close to the airport and close to EDSA & Makati.

I stayed on a corporate which was absolutely reasonable.

Good hotel when visiting Manila.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that you found our team "very friendly and helpful in a genuine way." We have newer rooms on the deluxe floor, next time you are here in Manila, please book it, the rate is very reasonable and competitive, too. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The rooms are very much comparable with famous hotels in Manila with the same price range and caliber. Nothing significant to remember but the Service is phenomenal. Staff are very helpful, very polite and very courteous. I was carry too much stuff that time and the moment one of the staff saw me going out of the car, he offered me a hand. I was so impressed. Everyone is greeting you good morning. The cr though could have been cleaned better. I love comfort rooms that smell like perfumes. =) But over all this is a good hotel to consider. =)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are very delighted that you found our team "very helpful, very polite and very courteous." I have discussed your comment regarding our comfort rooms with our Housekeeping Team, we would endeavor to make it smell better to meet your and all our guest's expectation. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

After repeated cancellations during what was supposed to be a brief layover in Manila, my airline put me up in the Century Park Hotel for the evening. On arrival, I noted the hotel was probably circa late 70's early 80's and didn't have much hope for a pleasant stay. Once inside and working with the very helpful staff, I soon began to overlook the signs of aging that we're around me. Once settled in my room, I quickly became comfortable. Now don't get me wrong, if you're looking for top of the line five star, this location may not be your dream hotel, but for my purposes, the hotel was more than adequate. The dining room offers buffet style breakfast and dinner which I'll admit was not bad at all. There are selections for many Asian tastes as well as basic western choices too. The dining staff are attentive and ready to fulfill any need. Overall, my stay here was very pleasant. It should be noted that during this stay, I seen not a single cockroach which is a testament to the staff who must work rigorously to keep on top of the bug situation. This is a much different experience than I've had in other five star locations in Manila.

Room Tip: If you need Internet access, your best bet is to purchase a SIM card with a data plan, you'll fi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank IRTravlin

Thank you so much for posting a review. While it is true that we cannot compete with newer hotels in their infrastructure, we endeavor our best to provide the best service we can offer. Human touch is still key in hospitality. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband had work in the Philippines and I decided to go with him on his trip. We stayed at Century for most of our visit. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful, and the views were nice. This hotel makes up for the flight there. The lounge featured a pianist and it was a very welcoming sound to hear. The rooms need a little updating but they are very comfortable. Our room featured a balcony with a nice view. The sunset was amazing. Will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are very delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We have updated rooms in the deluxe floors 14th to 17th, next time you stay with us we recommend that you book this. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I missed my connection and Philippine airlines put me in this hotel for 1 night. Normally I stay in Makati for the good selection of restaurants and shopping. Unfortunately there are only 3-star and 5-star hotels need there.

This hotel is clean, comfortable and enjoyable. The weather was not good so I didn't venture too far away though. Across the street is a mall which is very convenient with food and shopping offerings. Many shops are vacant. I also got approached by people begging which I don't get in
Makati.

The room was spacious but a bit old. that is the main reason for the 4 rating other than the location. I will attach photos of the room later.

The lobby was spacious and modern. I ventured around to the gym and the top floor lounge which were also nice. There were several wedding functions going on here over the weekend and I also found other westerners staying here as well.

I had coupons for the buffet dinner and breakfast which had good selection of food to choose from. However both have 5-star pricing. 860 pesos plus tax and service charge for breakfast and 1215+ for lunch/dinner. Both have a selection of hot food and soup, desserts etc. I am ok with the value here but I have had better buffets in Makati for a similar price.

I would recommend a stay here if I needed to be in the Malate area of Manila. Otherwise I still prefer Makati.

1  Thank steve5n
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and our food. We look forward to your next visit, in case you have to stay in Malate again, our area.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We had our 3 days 2 nights activity here. Food is monotonous.All are fried.Since we dont want to serve pork, the main dish are either fish (cream dory) or chicken from breakfast to dinner. Fresh fruits are served on breakfast only. The room is average on a sense that it doesn't have other perks like daily newspaper per room. On one hand, staff are accomodating.

2  Thank zoosunbee

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that you found our staff accommodating. My understanding about your food comment is that your meals were served exclusively in a function room for your "activity." If my assumption is correct ( I stand to be corrected), the food choices are arranged and decided on by the organizer, not by the hotel. We provide whatever was the agreement. In our restaurants there are several food choices and fruits are always available during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Makati.