“Very Dated”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Century Park for my graduation at PICC. Everything in this hotel is very dated. It looks and smells very old just like the NAIA Airport. I don't think we got the value for our money here though I can say location-wise, it is quite accessible to the Manila area especially it being near Harrison Plaza. If they conduct renovations, I would probably think of checking in here again but for the time being, I suggest you try other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AiahRivera
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Ms Alyanna R,

Thank you so much for your review. We do have renovated deluxe rooms from the 14th to the 17th floors. Next time you consider us again, please book the deluxe rooms. Once again thank you.

There are newer reviews for Century Park Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at Century Park the night that Typhoon Glenda hit Manila. There was a total blackout in the metro and all the hotels in Alabang were fully-booked.

A few months ago, I spoke to someone from Century Park for a possible corporate event in one of their ballrooms. I remember how this person bragged that Century Park is a 5-star hotel and there is no chance that they will give a lower rate per head for that event. Fast forward to 16-JUL, the room were stayed was not 5-star hotel quality.

However, power was out in Metro Manila, my partner was sick, our phones were close to zero batt, and we had no idea where the typhoon was, etc. so it was perfectly alright to stay at Century Park. Prior to checking-in, I called other hotels to ask if their gen sets were working and if there was WI-FI in the room. Century Park was our best option at that time.

PROS
1. Hotel operations were normal despite the blackout in Metro Manila.
2. Hotel personnel allowed us to have an early check-in w- no additional costs.
3. There's WI-FI in the room and it's FREE.
4. Food was super good. I love their Pork Adobo.
5. Their breakfast buffet has one of the best offerings in Manila.

CONS
1. The room where we stayed was not exactly 5-star quality - Room 714.
2. The room is not clean.
3. The hair-dryer is old school.
4. Towels were shabby.
5. The container with the complimentary coffee and tea had cobwebs.
6. There's moss growing in the balcony.

Lastly, they need to do something with their carpets, curtains, and comforter. I just didn't complain the night that we stayed at the hotel because it was a better option compared to staying at home in the dark, BUT I couldn't stop scratching from the time we got to our room til the following morning that I left for work. Although we stayed at a hotel, I barely slept that night. When this happens to me, I know that the room / place is full of dust.

Clearly, they need to start renovating hotel rooms & facilities. The hotel is promising, but if they don't do anything about these problems and other guest concerns, I won't be surprised if they close shop in the future considering that there are a lot of better hotels out there that offer the same price as theirs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RUSS R
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Russ R,

Thank you for posting a review. We are glad that somehow we were able to help you during typhoon Glenda. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed the food. We do have renovated rooms on the 14th and 17th floor, and executive rooms on the 18th floor, with a reasonable difference in rate from the superior room you got. Next time you consider us may we suggest that you book a deluxe room.

Thank you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed just for one night in this hotel for a business conference at PICC. Since the corporation we partner with shouldered everything, they chose this hotel.

I'm sure that in its heyday, this hotel was an excellent one. It continues to be clean and comfortabke, but its age is beginning to show. The bed, carpeting and other fixtures wld benefit from an upgrade.

The staff on the other hand was very helpful, friendly and fresh... even at 2am. Hopefully they upgrade/renovate soon.

This hotel is conveniently located right smack in the middle of malate.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DocTotoy

Dear Doc Totoy,

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that your check-in was a pleasant experience. We do have renovated deluxe rooms from the 14th to the 17th floor, next time you consider us again you may recommend to your sponsor to book a deluxe room instead.

Thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went on a short trip to visit friends in the Philippines. We checked around and made reservations at Century Park Hotel. The price is reasonable and the location in Manila is good. The check in process was a breeze. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and willing to help. The building is older, but well maintained. The restaurant and buffet were very good. The staff for the restaurant do an excellent job. As I said before the staff is excellent and attentive. Pools were nice. One lap pool and a common pool. Shopping in the area is convenient and close. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Lostagainadvisor
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Lostagainadvisor,

Thank you so much for posting a review.

Our team is extremely happy that we were able to deliver what was expected from us. In the service profession your review is such a treat. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were expecting a clean, well lighted hotel as it has been stated in the reviews but we were dismayed. The place can use a new carpet, good lighting and the rooms can look cleaner and smell fresher. We were wanting to freshen up because we just arrived from our trip overseas and there was only one (1) towel so I called to the appropriate staff for additional towels. It took three (3) calls (follow up) and ~ 2 hours for us to receive the towels. The people I spoke on the phone were not even apologetic for the inconvenience, except the Bell Boy who handed the towels. If you have a business like this,I think great service should be the main priority.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark_Liza
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Mark_Liza,

Thank you so much for posting a review.

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience we have caused you. We are glad that somehow the Room Attendant who delivered your towels was able to apologize. We have renovated rooms in our deluxe floors from 14th to 17th floors and executive floor on the 18th floor. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to be of service to you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

definitely !!! WOW!! upon arrival at the Front Desk Hotel Lobby...very Accomodating w/ $MILE until to the Bell Boy who brought my Luggages to my Room..I can feel it and I ask my Self ??? am I still n MANILA HOTEL ??? the place is so COOL...

Room Tip: the 16th floor Room#1608 facing to my Alma Mater (De La Salle University Taft Avenue) is so COOL and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alilc

Dear Alilc,

Thank you so much for posting a review.

We are very much delighted that we have provided an excellent customer service. On a personal note I am quite happy that my husband and myself share the same alma mater with you, De La Salle University - at Taft Avenue, ANIMO LA SALLE!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The room was nice. The staff were very nice and made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast buffet was excellent also. Looking forward to my next trip to Manila. It is next door to Harrison Mall and a short cab ride to Mall of Asia.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dave C

Dear Mr. Dave C,

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are grateful that your stay with as and our breakfast buffet has met your expectations. In addition, we are also not far from Ayala Shopping Center in Makati - Central Business District. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.