“Experienced while in Las Palmas Hotel”
Review of Las Palmas Hotel

Las Palmas Hotel
Ranked #52 of 108 Hotels in Manila
London, United Kingdom
“Experienced while in Las Palmas Hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good location and value for money and friendly staff very accommodating and helpful the location itself is really good and close to all amenities, car park is the only problem for a guest who hired a rent a car services,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank doods2001
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear doods2001,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay here at Las Palmas Hotel. We are glad to know that everything was fine except for the parking in which unfortunately we do not have a parking space on-site.

Again, thank you for appreciating the services and location. We hope you will consider us again on your next visit here in Manila.

Hotel Online Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had to check in at the last minute and I had to call friends for Malate hotel recommendations. I got 2 suggestions but I chose Las Palmas because they were easier to talk to. I was happy that when I got there, they were all aware of my reservation and the room had its ac on for me already! I was so tired and I appreciated the warm welcome.
I wanted to thank the one who assisted me over the phone, a certain Mr. Panggan. But when I asked the receptionist about him, I was surprised that he was actually off duty the whole time I was calling him on the phone from 9-10 pm! I made around 4 calls asking a lot of questions! Boy, that was so nice of him. Anyway, It was a good experience for the price I paid for. I just wished that their TV had more channels. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katrina0103
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Katrina0103,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Staff of Las Palmas Hotel take great pride in customer service and we try to build lasting relationship with our guests.

We do hope that you will consider our hotel on your next visit. Again, thank your for the good review.

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I paid 2600 pesos, about USD 57 for a deluxe room.
They don't provide complimentary water.
They don't renew the dental kit (they don't give a new toothbrush: you have to purchase it).
The aircon is old and very noisy.
The noise from the street is incredibly loud and the street is always congested.
Every time you step out of the hotel you breath in loads of fumes.
The room and the bathroom are very old.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Dominique T,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.

We are saddened to know that your standard were not met during your last visit here. Since the hotel is located in the heart of Manila, it is likely to have a busy environment.

Also, you are right that other than what is available inside the room upon check-in, the hotel is charging additional items as requested by the guest like the dental kit. Even so, all your comments are very important to us and are taken seriously for the better.

Thank you and we are still hoping that you will be staying with us again.

Elliessa Marantan
Hotel Online Supervisor

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

For convenience because of the location, I would rate this hotel as good BUT for a FRONT DESK staff who should represent the hotel as welcoming whoever the guest or person making an inquiry, SHE in particular should not be discreminating.My humiliating experience with this staff was when I made an inquiry personally (not by phone) about the rate, availability..etc. last October 2013. She did not answer me right away regrading my inquiry but instead looked at me as if to measure me if I could pay. then told me the rate flatly while looking sideways (the snob). When i told her I will stay for 5 days, with sarcasm on her face, again told me flatly to pay in FULL. Was it because I don't look like have money to pay the hotel rate? I know it's a policy but the way she approached me is not what I am expecting for a front desk staff..I got insulted the way she treated me at first (WITHOUT EVEN SMILING). Please note that I have asked nicely as a normal and professional person but received an unwelcoming response. Despite of the incident, I'm still billeted to the hotel for 5 days (for some good reasons), after all she's not the only staff of that hotel, there are others who are proper and Courteous staff who treat their guest right..If it was a foreigner, they would all be smiles but for a fellow Filipino, it's the other way around. I'm a balik-bayan and just stayed in Manila before going back abroad yet treated like dirt with this staff. by the way, each time I've seen that woman during my stay, she never smiled. such a big problem to carry at work? professionalism my dear.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Vox P,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. And we are sorry that you have to experience that kind of treatment.

Your feedback and cooperation are highly appreciated. Due to failure to call our attention while you were at the hotel premise, we do appreciate contacting us to provide further details as we want to be precise on the necessary action to take.

Again, apologies for this unacceptable incident. With our new I-Care program, we aim to constantly resolve issues like this to provide the best service. We are hoping that you will visit us again because we care.

Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is an old hotel in a very good location, near malls, late closing restaurants convenience store and good access to transportation. I started coming here when i got employed by my recent company. Given that its quite old it has lost some of its luster but that does not mean that it cant be brought back. Been coming here for almost a year and i have seen a conscious effort to improve service starting with the free wifi in all rooms and the refurbishing of its fixtures,the staffs are more friendly and accommodating and for that i think they deserve credit. There are however more room for improvement, i would most particularly like to see buffet breakfast served in the hotel lobby, 24 hour brewed coffee available to guests for free which is pretty much standard in every hotel i have been in on the past decade. The lobby could use more lights and i really mean more lights, as nothing is more beckoning for a weary traveler than a well lit lobby. At the present i can be contented but if they improve more i could be happier.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eugene S
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Eugene S,

Reading your motivating comments lifted our pride to strive for more and for the best service that we can. We do appreciate that improvements are being noticed by our valued guest like you. Your comments for further upgrading were taken seriously as we know the needs of the growing industry and because we care.

Thank you for your time reviewing us and we are excited to see you again here at Las Palmas Hotel!

Mexico, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The location is great, was near to malls if you like shopping and lots of foods options around the area. I tried the train which was not very far for the hotel but i don't suggest it to others who does not like to be squeezed. Room was old fashioned but big enough, internet connection is fairly fast for checking mails.

Room Tip: choose ones near elevator there's a better wifi connection there :)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin S
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Benjamin S,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Las Palmas Hotel.

Indeed, the hotel is located just few steps away from the shopping mall and we are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope for another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were looking for a one night stay and they were the cheapest option in Malate. Unfortunately they are close to the noisy street so you can hear car honking all night long. Also, there are girly bars in its vicinity so expect being nagged by hookers. Room size was ok. Cleanliness requires improvement. As for the staff, it seemed liked they were there for punishment and not for work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margareta X
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Margareta X,

We are sorry for the experience you had while staying with us due to our hotel is located at the heart of Manila which is known for its night life. Nevertheless, our city officers are doing their best to clear the area.
As for our staff, continuous trainings are on-going for better service to all our valued guest like you. All our guest comments and feedback will be taken seriously for our improvement. And we would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We still hope that you would come back on your next visit. Thank you.

Elliessa Maclang