“Good business stay”

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Good business stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff, takes security seriously, resturants offer good options on their menu, has a gym, sauna, spa and swimming pool. All in all a great 4-5 star hotel. Stayed here for a meeting so everything was organised by the Manila hosts which was great, so did not have to go through the booing process etc. Enjoyed my stay here. In general, be street wise when going out, avoid money changers if you can and get foreign currency changed at the bank or hotel front desk, drink plenty of water, and if going out during the rainy season take a rain jacket or umbrella!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank N4V
DiamondHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Diamond Hotel Philippines, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your wonderful experience at Diamond Hotel Philippines . Our team always looks forward to every comment submitted by our guests. Your comments are catalyst to continuous improvement of the delivery of our products and services.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Rest assured that we would maintain or even exceed the experience you had with us on your next stay in our Hotel. We shall cascade to the team your valuable comments. Please feel free to contact us at your most convenient time should you have any suggestions on anything to make your next stay with us a more delightful experience.

Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us. We hope you can visit Diamond Hotel Philippines again in the not so distant future.

Fax no.: (+63 2) 521.8724 / (+63 2) 526.2255

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have been traveling from the west for 20 hours and what a relief to arrive here! It is not too far from the airport, about 25-30 minutes. Very luxurious decor in the front. Service was great and rooms are clean. They had a Sky Lounge that had a band. I gave it one less star because I thought the bed was too firm. It is in a great location, right in front of Manila Bay. Insist of giving you the Manila Bay view. The hotel has shuttles to tourist spots like Intramuros. It's also a 15 minute walk to Luneta and Robinson's Mall. Their breakfast buffet was splendid! Lots to choose from - Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, American, etc. They had a juice bar which I loved. I was surprised that their main clients are Koreans. I did not see many Filipinos around. I thought the pool was great. I went a few times and most of the time I was alone or either with my husband. It had a cave that had a water fall. Overall, it was a great experience and I would book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Manila Bay view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NetNet030
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Manila particularly at the Diamond Hotel. We are glad that you appreciate our well appointed rooms, hotel facade and location as well as our shuttle service to some scenic spots here in Manila.

We value comments and suggestions from our guests as this allows us to maintain and improve the “Diamond Class” service we provide to meet the most demanding needs of our distinguished guests.

Should you have inquiries about the hotel and for your future reservation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

We sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Diamond Hotel, where the warmest hospitality awaits you.

Manila
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It's hard to imagine reading several complaints against this hotel when its pricing is far cheaper and lower than its competitors (other 4-5 star hotels).

The hotel's facilities are complete, yet it never disappoints its patrons and loyal guests with its usual accord of discounts and freebies.

I have been in and out of this hotel for countless times and I can't complain due to the hotel's best value for money it brings, as follows:

1. Spacious rooms
2. Excellent view of Manila Bay
3. Outstanding breakfast buffet, even better than most its competitors in terms of food quality and selection
4. Location is excellent, near the Airport and other major shopping centers
5. Very friendly and courteous staff
6. Lots of events happening simultaneously within the hotel's premises (weddings, conferences, other celebrations)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms overlooking the Manila Bay
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank KenDNP
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks about your recent stay here at Diamond Hotel. We shall cascade to the team your valuable comments about our hotel as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay; from our spacious rooms with an excellent view of the bay, our courteous staff to our outstanding breakfast spread. We are very humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Would I recommend it? An emphatic no.

As I was on quite a long business trip I decided to splash out to access a hotel with a gym.
I was not disappointed. The Diamond has great facilities.

But alas I find little else to compliment it except the security people who are amazingly polite and welcoming.

My flight arrived early in morning. I tried to check in at 7.30am but was told I was too early. I was ok with this. The hotel was within its rights. But what got me was the fact a 5 start hotel just dismissed me. No interest no concern not even the offer of a cup of tea. If you have ever been to Malate you will know it is not the best place to walk around at 7.30am.

I had thought they would say come back at 9am or 10am and if a room was available to could have it. But no they decided to make money. I was told I could get immediate access if I was willing to upgrade and spend an additional US$70 per night. If I was not then tough luck. The good news for me is that Starbucks at Robinsons opens before the shopping centre itself so I could go there.

Once in the room it was fine though it is all a bit dated. What really got me was the wifi charges. They were outrageous and were per device. You are entitled to free wifi in the lobby but very limited download. Like most business people I need access for my smart phone, IPAD and desk top. There is a pricing option for multple device. Very expensive.

As for location. It is close to Robinsons which is good. The area itself is seedy and not good especially for families.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank TMAC63
DiamondHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Diamond Hotel Philippines, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Greetings from The Diamond Hotel Philippines!

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay with us. Our team always looks forward to every comment submitted by our guests. Your comments are catalysts to continuous improvement of the delivery of our products and services.

We would like to express our heartfelt apology for any inconvenience you had during your last stay with us. Rest assured that we would immediately implement improvements on our services to ensure that your next stay will be more satisfactory and pleasurable. We shall cascade to the team your valuable comments. Please feel free to contact us at your most convenient time should you have suggestions on anything to make your next stay with us a more delightful experience.

Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Definitely the location seems not good, rather, bad, like I didn't dare to go out at night. As well, the building looks a bit old, too. However, I would say the service is the best ever for me, and I really loved the breakfast buffet here. Swimming pool is good, too and there are some good restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Greetings from Diamond Hotel Philippines!

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to tell us about your stay. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service and accommodations.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Good points: excellent hotel, staff, rooms, pool, and security. It took a few days for them to recognise our particular needs - such as sweeteners for tea/coffee instead of sugar (we're diabetic) and salt and pepper on the breakfast table - but credit to Artur the cook, RJ the waiter, Belle and Donna for giving us personal attention and Corey for cleaning the room. Full airport style security check every time we (and anyone else) entered the building. Later we realised why.....

Bad points: they offered to upgrade our room but forgot to mention an additional cost of over £70 a night! The surrounding area was decidedly dodgy. Even the taxi drivers (after locking the car doors) were surprised we chose to stay there. No point being near the sea-front. The water is too polluted to swim in and walking the promenade risks being beset by beggars and thieves. Seeing children on the streets in such poverty is harrowing.

When we booked we had the option of staying here or the Shangri La in the safer Makati area a few miles away. We wish we had chosen the Shangri La.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick A
Greetings from Diamond Hotel Philippines!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Diamond Hotel Philippines. We appreciate hearing from our guests as their comments will help us continue improving our service.

Please note that your comments are shared with all the Managers and the staff, and every effort is taken to ensure that your expectations are met.

India
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Felt priviledged to stay in this hotel. It offers excellent rooms (bay/sea view), nice restaurants, friendly staff and moreover stunning location. I must rate them as one the best business hotels I stayed in. As such they should make wifi complimentary for business travellers (specially large group bokking for conference/event etc).

Room Tip: negotiaste complimentary wifi within your tariff.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank avinashtrivedi72
Greetings from Diamond Hotel Philippines!

We received your favorable comments during your stay with us. We truly enjoyed reading your comments and would like to thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to our continuing pleasant relationship.