“July 2011” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Roi-Namur
“July 2011”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Basic hotel, but fine. (I'm American). Yes its an older hotel, but if you want posh, there's a Hyatt a few blocks away. FREE WiFi in room and scan from my room showed at least 7 signals from hotel. Full cable TV (I love Discovery and History channels). Didn't see or feel I was treated any different than anyone else. Not sure why this has gotten such a bad rap. Length of stay 10 days.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank nschwanitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I came to bayview with my filipino girlfriend. I was suppose to check in on the 27th but because of flight delays in the States. I was late a day. Even after explaining to the front desk during check in I was a no show because of flight cancelation and delays. They still charged me a no show charge. So I only stayed one night at the hotel.

The room was nothing special at all. Minimal in charm and everything else.
It had hot water, thats about the only thing I can say that was good about the place.
The walls seemed thin, I could hear people talking in two other rooms throughout the night.

The best thing about the hotel was checking out the next morning, and the breakfast was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank asmith8709

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I booked this hotel online as from pictures seemed OK. Price was $50 online so it was reasonable. My flight got changed and I called them from Singapore that I will arrive 2-3 hours earlier than expected. They confirmed and acknowledged. When I reached the hotel the front office staff was polite but unhospitable. They charged me 1000 P for coming early, OK , then they told me room is not ready for WHOLE 2 days so I have to take another one, OK, then they charged my card for the whole 6 days planned stay, OK. No one takes you to hotel room and u carry ur baggage and key, OK, room was dark and like 80s deco and with a dark alley view from the window, OK, then I tried to check email, but no internet, was told to deposit 300 p at front desk to get internet, OK, before that I should eat breakfast and went to the small coffee shop there, at the enterance I was told to deposit 600 P at front desk before I can get in, OK THATS IT. On top of it they treat you like you stole something or are trying to get something for free. The hotel was overcrowded like a station, elevators dont come for ages, front staff is highly undertrained. So I packed my bags and came down to front office to cancel it, still no respect and was told to stand in another queue at different counter, the lady who came to cancel was surprised to see me leave in just under one hour and did tried to offer me free internet but I was now determined to go. So she charged me $50 plus another 2500 P so $100 aprrox for about 50 minutes. But so poor was the environment and depression was glooming all over that I was happy to pay and get out of there. I went to MANILA PAVILLION just a block away and though that hotel is old but its worth staying there. So dont go to this hotel unless you are there for some medical treatment. Not fit for holidays or entertainment,

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank tullyjs
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My brother in law had an appointment at the US Embassy very early one morning so we decided to stay at this hotel. It was certainly convenient - a mere couple of blocks from the embassy.

Nothing speical, but nothing wrong with it. The price was right and it was convenient so I'd call it a good value, although far from a vacation hotspot.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GenuinelyCurious
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

ia nice stay the staff was good and they look after the safety of their clients/guests i observe that the security mens have a logbook for each cab / taxi.

nice food too..

the location was good near in bar for a night out, restaurants nearby, shopping mall

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dianne_tjm
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Our stay at the Bayview Park was as an en-route in transit stop-off in Manilla prior to flying back. Check in was reasonably efficient and the room was clean and fairly modern. The poolside bar had closed down so the hotels offering for food and drink was in the associated Starbucks. Booking taxis for the trip to the airport was troublesome with 2 or 3 different storied on availability and even more permutations on prioce being offered, we ended up in a bit of a battered old car. Overall I got the impression of "don't care juust hit them for as much as you can"

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank alant1955
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Let me start by saying my lady friend and I stayed there for a week. When we arrived we were already taken back by the excellent accommodating service at the front desk. Parking was a little frustrating at first since i never been to the Philippines but when i learned about the valet i knew it would be a lot better and it was. The only real problem i can say was a con of ours is one of the night shift valet guys were not very good at all. As we went up to the room we noticed how old everything looked. This hotel definitely needs to be renovated. The room was a bit better pretty cold A/C, firm bed, clean sheets, but we were stuck having our view looking at an old abandon building.Bathroom was nice as well with a safe, and a mini bar. The morning complimentary breakfast was pretty good Served from 6-10. So overall For the money the accommodating staff and decent hotel i would say this place is nice. Remember you get what you pay for. So if you are looking for luxury go to the Diamond, but if your looking for just a Decent place to stay while you site see this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking to roxas blvd.