Malate Pensionne
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$146
US$127
US$160
US$136
US$80
US$39
Agoda.com
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$51
Kimberly Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$45
Agoda.com
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$39
  • Breakfast included
Hotel H2O(Manila)
US$210
US$111
Hotels.com
All reviewsfan roomprivate bathroomthree blocksthe security guardnice place to stayairport pickupfree wifino elevatorhome away from homechecking inclose to the airportreception arearobinsonsrestomall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I really don't remember.it is many years ago.around 1982.At this time it was Great.Good Service,Very Friendly,Family Embiance.At this Time ,President Marcos was in Power.Now up to day I do not know How it Look .I wish to go back again there,to remember the great time I Had

Room Tip: The best rooms were at that time in south side,no noise at all
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 443PEPITO
Malate P, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hello! Thank you! Many of our guest become sentimental about their experience at our place because we do care and treat them like family. We have made many improvements but the warmth and caring that we show our guest will always be the main factor that majority makes Malate Pensionne their "home away from home" when in Manila. We look forward to your return and have a beautiful day always.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Good value for money for a hotel in Manila (Manila is just really expensive...). Nice building full of wood and smelling of beeswax, nice and clean rooms and a nice breakfast at the adjacent CBTL. The staff at the front desk can be quite rude and unfriendly, though the cleaning staff are exactly the opposite.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Malate P, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for your remarks about my hotel. I'm very surprised to read your comments about "rude staff at the front desk" and I would appreciate hearing from you if you can recall for me just who the staff was that was rude. Even a semblance of rudeness is a concern to me as we are in the "making people feel good" business. Yours was the first of its kind this year. Conversely, I'm elated to read about your positive reviews of our room attendants. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Comments such as yours are report cards to me. Have a great day.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the place is located in Malate where one can find prostitutes, beggars, kids asking for money, dirty roads, rats, transexuals and scammers.
The Malate pension is totally overpriced, I paid 1,000PHP(25$) for a room with shared bathroom, for 25$ one can get a very nice room all over around Southeast Asia, even in richer countries as Thailand or Malaysia.
Anyway is terrible value accomodation, nevertheless, the staff very nice and the bathroom clean and new.
I will not back.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello! Please clarify for me, are you complaining about the neighborhood or my hotel because I'm not sure. My hotel I can fix. The neighborhood or area is another issue though we have been having meetings with fellow business owners & local government authorities brainstorming how we can make improvements. On my end, the sidewalk in front of our property is clean and free of obstacles, parked cars, vendors, beggars, people soliciting tourist and so on. Our security & maintenance are under strict orders to keep our frontage clear, clean & inviting. It is only fair to keep comments in perspective. As far as the cost of living between countries, to me it is purely a matter of economics. What one finds expensive, another may find inexpensive. To define a country based on a neighborhood is not accurate either. Where I live, one would not find what you were describing & I can say with confidence that you never went to Global City or Makati City or Rockwell or other areas outside Manila where what you describe does not exist. Fortunately for us, we have many returning guest who love our place and our staff that they even bring presents when they come back time and again. It's all in ones perspective.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed in Malate Pensionne for a month in June-July and found this affordable newly renovated family-run inn just right for my tight budget. I was picked up at the airport with their private car, and was greeted by my first name by the staff who already had my profile and anticipated my needs for a home office away from home. The General Manager/Owner, Jay, was very knowledgeable about the Philippines and connected me to some of his business contacts. i received free WIFI 24/7, free breakfast at the adjacent Coffee Bean. I was able to accomplish most of my business in the short month that I was in the Philippines because Malate Pensionne was not only a friendly, pleasant, clean and affordable place to stay but also I felt like it was my home office away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room in the main building - new flat screened TV, new bath.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria V
Malate P, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for your review. It is truly appreciated and we look forward to next visit and stay in Manila and Malate Pensionne. More hotel amenities are in the works for the convenience and enjoyment of our future guest. Wishing you a great day and safe travel. Jay Gutierrez - Gen Mgr.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have visited the Philippines on several occasions, and I have seen this place transform thru the years. this last trip I see many new upgrades and though it is unfinished i am excited to see it when everything is done in my next trip.

the place is a walk-away for a historic Catholic Church, Manila Bay, and it is centrally located for my needs anyway, and the price is affordable and fair.

the staff are friendly and helpful, and always makes you feel welcomed and at home.
service of a car or van readily available for rent
rooms and bathrooms are clean and have been refurbished and updated
an added plus is free wifi at their new and brightly lit lobby

despite the ongoing renovations, I would give this excellent rating and look forward to staying there again in my next trip, alone or with my family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family