“Another great stay @ Kimberly Hotel”
Review of Kimberly Hotel

Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Took the family back to Kimberly Hotel back in Nov 2013 for 2 two day stays..Hotel stay is STILL very friendly and accommodating..The breakfast buffet is very tasty with a mixture of american and Filipino cuisine..Great location as well being only 2 blocks from Robinson mall..always feel safe in this area as well..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Bam B
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Bam B,

Thank you for returning and leaving another great review! Happy to note you are well satisfied and we look forward to having you come back. We'd love to be of service to you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at the Kimberly Hotel for our second night in Manila. This was my first trip to an Asian Country, so I wasn't sure of what to expect. What I found was that the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and I felt very safe there. We had to get two rooms because we are a family of five. Even with two rooms, one of us had to sleep uncomfortably. There were two twin beds in each room, but we have children ranging from 11-16. I found this to be typical for every hotel we stayed at during our trip. We came back to Kimberly the night before we had to leave. When we arrived and inquired about availability, they only had one room left. We explained that we had to leave early in the morning and just wanted a clean place to sleep for 6-8 hours. While they didn't have hourly rates, they accommodated all five of us in one room with two rolling beds in addition to the two twins. They discounted the prince since we wouldn't be there for breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again if I ever went back to Manila.

Room Tip: Don't get the ninth floor if there is a party of sorts on the tenth floor. The ceiling isn't...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KatieBlount

Dear KatieBlunt,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us at Kimberly.

I took note of your initial comment regarding your stay for 5 in 2 hotel rooms. The majority of hotel rooms all over the world are really designed for 2 persons but our large rooms can accommodate an extra bed to ensure everyone can sleep comfortably. As a mother of 3 teens myself, we encounter the same issue all the time so I always check room size and extra bed availability when I travel with my family!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful time amidst the warm Filipino hospitality and should you return to Manila once more, we'd love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Location is within walking distance to LRT which makes commuting & transportation in Manila convenient although peak hours (morning & afternoon rush hours) must be avoided as the trains are jampacked with commuters. The room is spacious & aircon OK.Added bonus is proximity to Robinson's Mall in Ermita (about 200 meters away)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Carmina E
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Carmina E,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the location and convenience. We are indeed proud of our spacious rooms as it ensures your stay with us was comfortable. I trust our staff was able to attend to all your needs. We hope to see you again and be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. The complimentary breakfast was good and included cereals, breads, coffe, juice, green salad, fruit and eggs as you want them. In addition, some Filipino dishes and garlic rice was available. The hotel room was large and included a refridgerator, safe, desk and queen size bed. The washroom was also spacious. Front desk staff on checkin and checkout were courteous and efficient. Room for one night, including all taxes and fees was 2,850 Philippine pesos. Internet quality was good.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the building are on a main street and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank VanBCCanuck
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear VanBCCanuck,

Thank you for the great feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear you liked the clean rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manila.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I believe that good experience will start at the reception area, their front desk is not that big but their big smile will make you really welcome, Yes limited breakfast but decent enough to start your day.

I Stayed in deluxe room, they gave me the bigger deluxe- i think the one in the corner, quiet big for mini me...A/C works ok...got nice view - and the very important thing - smoking room!!!that is a plus A for me - excellent!!!!
(its really hard to get smoking rooms specially when you forgot to request for it)

true that hotel is located in a busy street of Manila, but believe me, this is one of their asset, nearby malls, nightlife, rail system, very accessible to what you need.

1 negative scene:
****when im checking in at my room, there's little cockroach checking out..and thats negative!.. but at least he did not join me during my stay...

all in all, this hotel? based on their rate and my experience?... above acceptable!!

Room Tip: for deluxe room..request the one in corner, thats bigger and you'll got nice view..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank letsgobuknoy

Dear letsgobuknoy,

Thank you for the feedback of your stay. It's great to hear that you liked your room and you felt very welcome!

I do apologize for the cockroach sighting. I can personally assure you that our pest control treatment is very regular and since bringing this to their attention, they've taken additional steps and staff onboard to ensure it doesn't happen again.

We look forward to greeting you with another big smile for you upon your return.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a decent hotel for the price. Staff is friendly and helpful. Buffet was included which was decent. They probably will not fill the line 30 mins prior to end of service. Some rooms have a street view, while others have a view of the wall of the building next door. Within 200-300 meters of the public transportation line (LRT). This makes it convienient but also a little noisy. Also within a km of Robinson's mall. Taxi's may be able to avoid traffic on Pedro Gil coming from the airport by taking side roads on streets prior to Pedro Gil.

Room Tip: Depends on the season. I requested a queen sized bed but they were not able to accomodate me at the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Miles M

Dear Miles M,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Kimberly Manila. I appreciate the feedback and I hope you will stay with us once more any time you are in Manila. Given enough notice, we do our best to accommodate all guest requests with regards to beds. I apologize if in this instance we weren't able to do so.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visited the hotel last August, I was at another hotel and I decided to transfer here, I was so pleased when I checked in that I recommended to the manager that he should promote the beautiful girl from the front desk, I think her name is Janel, I mean the hotel may not be that luxurious but the service they provide is EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eastwoodway

Dear eastwoodway,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and the staff service. We look forward to welcoming you back any time you are in Manila!