“Clean and comfortable”

Orchid Garden Suites - Manila
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for one night in the family room. Large rom, clean and the beds were really comfortable.free wifi and cable tv. Breakfast was good. Don't use their bus to the airport which is expensive. Ge them to call you a metered taxi to airport which only cost us 131 php.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Laspig

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This Hotel is excellent located in the heart of Manila not far from Central Asia shopping mall . The rooms are big and clean , the staff polite and excellent service when required. The breakfast was very good , many Filipino guests stay here on weekends which is a positive indication of the positive and professional service the hotel provides , I will stay here again .

Room Tip: Executive Suites are the best value for your dollar .
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMS8855
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked a family room good for four (4) people last May 18th in this hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast buffet consisted mainly of Filipino dishes but it tasted good. What I really enjoyed the most was the FREE WIFI! Connection was superfast even in the room. Parking was a bit difficult because spaces were limited.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We've booked 2 rooms last May 11th to celebrate my niece's 13th and Mother's Day. Main purpose is swimming. We were advised that their pool is open upon check-in. My nieces were so excited that they went swimming right after checking in. There were no signage or warning that the pool is under maintenance. A male staff suddenly approached them and asked them to get out of the pool. We were surprised with what happened as we were even told that the pool is available till 10pm. My sister talked to the receptionist but to no avail so she asked for the manager. She told her about the purpose of the stay but the manager assured her that the pool will be okay the next day. The manager has not attempted to offer anything for the misinformation so we had to come up with our own. We had agreed to check out late around 8pm because of the inconvenience. So there goes Sunday morning yet we were advised that we still can't go swimming. We waited till 10am as we've seen the manager going back and forth the pool area to check it. But then, time is running out. I went down the reception area and looked for the manager. Again, she told me that another chemical has just been placed as the water is still not clear. I asked her then, what if we aren't able to use the pool given the fact that they are aware of the purpose of our stay. She only replied with, sorry for the inconvenience and again, got nothing to offer. I turned my back on her upon hearing that. I went to my sister's rm and told her that I'll be asking for a refund less the amount of breakfast we've taken. My sister agreed so I went back to talk to the manager. She said that they'll be checking on it. After 30mins, my sister was informed that they cannot grant our request as we had stayed for a night!?! for the nth time, it was my sister who looked for the manager and asked for a full refund. They do no want to grant our demand so my sister had to reiterate that we've been a loyal guest since early 2000and that she has referred a lot. They didn't bother to check their database and the recptionist who had misinformed us still has no plans of apologizing. We checked out and stayed on their lobby until we got our money back. It was such a hassle staying here and the manager does not know how to handle such cases. She has not offered anything for their mistake. If only we do not know our rights, then we should have not been treated fair. Never will we come back nor refer anyone to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed at Orchid Garden Suites during our company activity in Manila. The hotel is a bit hard to locate, maybe due to its size, but found it knowing its near Century Park Hotel. Outside, it looks like a restaurant/converted house. The hotel lobby ambiance is homey, and around it really speaks for its name as a "garden" suites. The hotel generally is old and had only a few restorations and repairs. The elevator buttons needs to be fixed. There only one key for our room and the window type airconditioning isnt that efficient to cool. We had a room for four, and when I requested for the complimentary water, the room service delivered it. They only provide one pillow (per person) and a couch pillow as well. Had only one cabinet to hang our clothes. The bathroom's a bit small, but they provide soap, shampoo as well as complimentary toothbrushes (2 for each). The location is good, and is near to a shopping mall. The breakfast provided with the accomodation is nice and one good thing about this hotel is their front-desk staff, housekeeping and waiters/waitresses are friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Choose a lower leveled room since the elevators are a bit slow.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed here for a business trip because this is one of the hotels accredited by our company. This hotel looks like an old house surrounded by plants and vines from the outside and is sometimes hard to find when you take a taxi (at least in my experience). The room which has been reserved for me is clean and comfy. The location is nice for it's near the malls and supermarket. And probably my most favorite of all is their friendly staff. They're easy to talk to and always welcome me with warm smiles. :) Plus their buffet breakfast is sooo good! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

To be totally honest we probably visited the Philippines at the wrong time of the year.It was Typhoon season and we met a beauty.Having said that the hotel we chose was awful.We booked a suite which looked lovely on the web site. Like so many we were conned. The living area was bare apart from an old sofa small rug and coffee table.The bedroom was better at least it was carpeted the TV was in here.The kitchenette was partly dismantled and there was plaster falling off the wall in the bedroom The old window box air conditioner was so noisy could not sleep with it running.the whole room/s stank of stale cigarette smoke. They would not move us as all the suite rooms apparently are smoking.The front of house staff were indifferent . We stayed here for 8 nights was not a happy experience.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple