“No complaints here, glad to have stayed here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Palm Plaza Hotel

Palm Plaza Hotel
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Singapore, Singapore
“No complaints here, glad to have stayed here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

No doubt the hotel is a little dated with its room decor, but can't complaint since the price was reasonable. Huge bed, functioning air con, ok breakfast spread. Do note that they had just offer the breakfast buffet upgrade for an additional 100 pesos (the breakfast deal on agoda is for the alacarte, not buffet). To me, the alacarte is good enough as I love the milk fish!

Taxi from the international terminal was 300 pesos, but varies up to 400 depending on traffic. Lucky for me traffic was smooth. Hotel van seats up to 8 passengers and cost 1000 pesos, good option for groups.

Plenty of food around, for good local dishes I would head to Bacolod inasal in the mall opposite (plz read my review on the restaurant as well).

Just a heads up, there is a casino in Hyatt hotel next door. Happy gambling and happy staying in Manila, I will be coming back and will definitely consider palm plaza again!

• Stayed September 2013
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Austin J.

Thank you very much for your appreciation of the hotel and its services. Albeit being a small hotel amidst Manila's tourist center, the hotel staff's' warm hearts and smiles are always on hand to assure you a pleasant stay at all times.

We hope to have you again with us on one of your future travels to Manila.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Bukidnon, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Though its located very nicely just across robinsons galleria, I would prefer other hotels. I was greatly disappointed they dont provide comforters. They will give you extra bedsheet only that cant keep you warm unless you will turn off the aircon. The floor also is slimy/sticky. And the bedskirt and curtain looks dirty. Hope this will help.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JFernandez2013
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Deart JFernandez2013,

Greetings from Palm Plaza Hotel Manila. Thank you for your comments shared on this medium; I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience which the room temperature and the flooring condition caused you, during your stay with us.

As of this writing, I have included your precious comments for our much-needed improvement programs for you and other guests in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Resident Manager

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I always stay at Palm Plaza but since I booked through Agoda breakfast was not included not that it was important but their breakfast is quite expensive. I must say the hotel is near shopping mall like Robinson and there are lots of eating places to go to.. Too much traffic along Pedro Gil but that goes into every part of Manila and suburbs.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near the lifts. Noisy arrivals.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Jean H
Dear Jean H,

It was really great hearing from you. Firstly, we'd like to inform you that the hotel has already started offering a wonderful buffet breakfast selection beginning last week. Details of this shall be posted on our Agoda website very very soon.

Also, the city government has reached out to the hotel together with the other establishments nearby to address the parking and traffic flow. The tourist belt area of Manila, as congested as it is due to its fast-paced progress and development is being prioritized for improvement in both traffic, safety and security for both city dwellers and guests like you.

I hope to have you again, soon in one of your future visits to Manila, The Philippines.

Respectfully yours,

Bursa, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I broke my phone in this hotel but it's completely my fault. I couldn't charge my in the room so, i tried to charge it in bathroom and it's broken. But a few days later, it started to work. Thanks to Apple. :) Room, location, staff were nice. It's near the Robinson mall. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Emron R,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience/stay with us. It makes us extremely happy in welcoming guests like you from Turkey and hope that your friends would also discover the delights of staying at Palm Plaza Hotel too.

I and my entire team look forward to being of service to you in one of your future visits to Manila.

Truly yours,

Puerto Galera, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stay there several times a year since 2000;
rooms are nice and clean with cable, ref, waterheater etc; some fresh renovated;
staff is really friendly, front desk is fast and professional;
restaurant is ok; robinson-mall just across the street;
upper rooms facing the bay are more silent;
it's a good choice.
c.m. germany

Room Tip: rooms on upper floors (4+) not facing the street are silent enough to enjoy a good sleep; ask the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cris m
Dear CrisM,

Greetings from Palm Plaza Hotel in Manila. Your kind words about your last stay at our hotel makes us happy in the work that we do. We look forward to being of service to you in your future trips to Manila.

Thank you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

the tittle it self describe it more, me, my mother and with my 2 brothers that just came back after 6years from u.k check in in this hotel. knowing this hotel is the nearest place to stay in beside the robinson mall, the service of the staffs are very friendly and approachable specially in the front desk. it feels like you're just at home when you're around, the ambiance and cleanliness in the room gives you more reasons to stay. we stayed in the 2 deluxe room at the 2nd floor surprisingly, the room was so big that can accommodate 6 to 8 visitors, when our family and some friends visited us, we're very happy spending time chatting with each other even our laughing didn't heard by the next room. the staffs are very helpful and kind that's why my mother is always staying in this hotel when she's visiting the country. i couldn't ask for more, the 3 star hotel that serves 6 star service keep it up Palm Plaza hotel ;) thanks for accommodating us.

• Stayed August 2013
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Jaymatalon,

Thank you for giving us the pleasure of being of service to you and your family. As we are the nearest hotel to the sprawling Robinson's Mall - it is our mission to provide consistent good service to you who have chosen our hotel as your 'home' !

Your warm comments mean a lot and we shall strive to find better ways to serve you in the future days to come. Again, maraming salamat.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Nilo F. Inocentes
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We arrived in Manila from Sweden and stayed in Palm Plaza Hotel in June 17 to 21 because is close to Robenson. We got nice room in sixth floor. We love the Hotel, staffs at the reception were very friendly. When we complained about the internet, they sent someone right away to fix the problem. Also the people at the front door are very friendly and polite.

We thought were very glad that we chose this hotel, but it was a mistake beacause there was one problem, the head of the housekeeping in the sixth floor was very rude behavior. We usually travel around the world and we had never encountered this kind of problem but we had heard it so thats why We were aware that before we leave the room we usually check the towels and everything so there will be no problems.
But after three days when we came back in the room we recieved a note from the head housekeeping that stated " one fortowel was missing, charge to the room must pay it" I was shock because all towels were there when we left the room. I phoned the housekeeping and explained it but they refused to listen. They came in our room, she the head housekeeper and the other guy, she was very rude , I told her that I counted it before we left the room how come it missing one when it was complete when we left? I thought that it was her way or she used to show her rude behavior to there guests enough to scared them. We supposed to stay here again after Siargao but she scared us. There are other nice hotel in Mabini also near in Robenson so why bothered in Palm plaza.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MariaEllina P
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Maria Ellina P,

Greetings from Palm Plaza Hotel Manila. Firstly I wish to express my gratitude for sharing your experience with us as this would most definitely lead us to improving our services to you and other guests to come.

More importantly, I and the rest of our team, would like to sincerely apologize for the utter inconvenience brought about by a disservice involving the 'linen' matter during your stay. You can rest assured that I am personally investigating the matter as soon as I read your feedback. Your comments mean a lot and we aim to provide you and the rest of our guests the very best in service which you deserve.

Thank you once again and I do hope you would continue to make our hotel your choice for your next stay in Manila.

Respectfully Yours,