Orion Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$146
US$133
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$51
US$170
US$117
  • Pool
US$80
US$48
Agoda.com
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$123
US$148
US$135
Travelocity
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Orion Hotel last July 30-31. It was an ideal escape, as my partner was looking to have a relaxing stay after work. It was perfect because it was an LRT ride away from his workplace. While I was excited to stay in the hotel since it was just a short walk away from Divisoria, Manila's shopping paradise. So while my bf slept the day away, I went on a buying spree. And when my feet got tired, I just walked back to the hotel. The convenience and accessibility was what really caught my attention, thus my reason for booking with them.

The staff that greeted us that morning was courteous and all smiles. The lobby may be small but was very welcoming. Our room on the other hand was a sight for sore eyes. The earth tones really brought out the warmth in our chamber. I was actually quite impressed with the amenities (from the bed, wall-mounted TV, cabinet with a safe and mini-ref inside, rainshower stall in the en suite bathroom).

Although there were a few glitches: the stench that came from the bathroom, and the rainshower stall's water heater. The smell of the bathroom (upon entering it) smelled of wet clothes that has not been sun dried. The rainshower on the other hand took a few minutes before the water was heated. Nonetheless, these two can be resolved. We still had a grand time at the hotel. It was worth spending on.

You can also check my full review here: http://www.budgetbiyahera.com/2013/08/orion-hotel-safe-haven-in-heart-of.html

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaiFlores
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed with the family last Aug 13-14 on Junior Suite, promo rate.

Driving thru the vicinity of Tutuban going to the hotel was a bit disappointing at first, because you will see shanties all over. After all it is Tondo, Manila. To be honest, it made me think twice to check-in to this hotel but with good reviews from this site pushed me through. Came to the hotel, we were welcome by guard and led us to the elevator. This changed the ambiance as the elevator is twice as wide as normal and there was courteous elevator operator. At 3rd floor is an average lobby, the receptionist was very accommodating.

Hotel is part of Tutuban mall itself, perfect for those who like bargains and night markets(during weekends only). The room is surprising as you may have not thought that this nice and wonderful place would come from that area. It erased all my turn-offs and first impressions and feels like you are in different dimension. Room is well-lit and has good vibe. I enjoyed the bath tub a lot after a stressful day.

Sleeping was never uneasy as the rooms are guaranteed soundproof and with sensible amenities. Though the carpet should have been vacuumed often as there were still dirt prints. They will help you assist in ordering food (they dont have in-house restaurant), fetching taxicabs and attend to your all other concerns. The service is superb, thanks to its staff who even return my shirt when we check-out.

Pros:
Nice and new rooms
Superb service
Inside Tutuban mall you can go shopping
Affordable, check their rates

Cons:
Anything outside the hotel, shanties
Traffic

With its location, this hotel is definitely not for everybody. But for what it's worth, it serves its purpose.

Room Tip: If you are bound to south, know the routes very carefully to avoid traffic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank xChaLeex
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights and it was really relaxing. Prior deciding to stay @ their hotel we really look after for the reviews of those who had been there and all of the reviews are positive. We chose to stay at a Junior Executive Suite and we were amaze when we saw their accommodation...we just couldn't imagine that there was a great hotel existing along Tutuban area. It can be categorized as a 5 star hotel, from its service, staff and accommodation, it was really awesome! We really had a good night sleep and relaxation during our stay...and its really a value for your money. One great thing also is that we availed it from an online site, were we got a superb discount! The good quality customer service of their staffs and guards, the very well room facilities & accommodation, and its perfect place were you can go shopping anytime u want just like what I did...you will surely want to come back! I hope they can have more discount promos in the future so I can bring all my family there for a real perfect relaxation!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank ellehcor1876
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Price is reasonable. Front Desk is accomodating. The standard room is big(has complimentary water, coffee/tea making set, mini fridge. Clean and spacious bathroom, A/C is great, has plasma TV, plus you can order snack/toiletries over the phone for a cheap price. I think there's no room service for complete meals because they don't have a menu in the room. Strong Wifi. The place is quiet given the location which is not ideal because it's within the divisoria area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PerfecTwo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Strategically located at the shopping capital of Manila, Orion Hotel is the place perfect for shoppers who frequent the Divisoria/Tutuban area.

Though it was hard looking for its entrance since it is located at the 3rf floor of Primeblock building, the place didn't disappoint. From staff who showed us the warmest of Philippine hospitality and to the cleanest room that I've been to in Manila area, the place is worth your money.

• Stayed: February 2013