“Bad Stay and Service”

Ranked #52 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Singapore, Singapore
“Bad Stay and Service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Bad Experience. Did a booking for 2 rooms for my business associate & myself last week.
Being a hotel that is new for about only 1 year, you'll think that it's new and everything will be nice with good room service and room amenities.
Upon checking in (we booking 2 Deluxe rooms thru Agoda and had confirmation), only 1 Deluxe room is available and the other one was upgraded to a "Junior Suite". You might think it's "great"...but it's just a bigger size. Furthermore, the room have a very strong smell of cigarettes upon getting in.
Inside, the finishing is not better than any budget hotel.
On the 2nd day, they moved me back to a Deluxe room and when I get into the room to turn on the aircon, the sound of it was so loud and it seems like it's gonna explode anything soon. Mentioned to the front desk and housekeeping and NOTHING was done and the "rattering" sound from the aircon can be heard even from outside of my room along the corridor.
Luckily, I am a heavy sleeper; otherwise, I'll not be able to sleep throughout.
Went down to the front desk and describe to them and they just said..."IT'S LIKE THAT ONE"!!!! NO ONE EVEN BOTHER GOING UP TO MY ROOM TO TROUBLESHOOT THE AIRCON PROBLEM"; just said that they have no more rooms available.
On the 3rd day, I then realize that the LOUD Sound of the aircon can be reduced A LITTLE by adjusting the temperature a little lower....in my mind was "WHY DIDN'T THE HOTEL PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT THAT!!!???".
Upon checking out on our last day of stay there, I was told by my business partner that he can smell cigarette in within the room whenever he return every evening after our meetings which he was very sure the smell was not there when he left in the morning. luckily, non of his stuff and belonging was missing.
I'LL TOTALLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL IF ANYONE WHERE TO ASK FOR MY OPINION...

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank andex11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My stay at the hotel was great. I like the friendly staff they are very helpful they are willing to help at any point. I stayed there 2 times first time I take a standard room and they upgrade me to a Superior room. The second time I take a Deluxe room. The rooms were big and clean. The bathroom was good and clean. The room service were good. The security are good and very helpful. They have only 3 choices for the breakfast at the restaurant,but the food is good. I did not like that you have only one key card for your room when I asked for another they refuse because of the hotel polices. The location of the hotel is near the Robinson Mall only 7 minutes walking also near the Pan Pacific and not far from the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Otherwise I recommend to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Hemo K
Helsinki
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel looks outside quite decent and new. But inside begins mess. When we entered hotel
all elecronic key cards were out of order. You need to wait every time staff member to open door!
Restaurant was disaster. For breakfast waitress came to tell 4 filipino dishes to choose. No menu.
No bacon, ham or juice. Coffee was a cup of hot water with local nescafe bag. After this experience we took breakfast at excellent Caffeina cafeteria atnext door Pearl Garden hotel.
To say something positive i liked our hotel room. It was Standard room but big and with combortable double bed. Also shower space big enough with good shower.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erkki r

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel is a joke. the e-card isnt working,so you have to ask someone to open the door for you everytime you get in the room and most of the time they dont come right away!you have to stand in the doorstep to wait for them!.the staff said that it has been more that 2 months that it quit working. We booked for deluxe room,and as we get in there we ask for the upgrade to junior suite room,the front desk said theres no available! So,ok we will take the deluxe! When we get to that room,its a SMOKING ROOM! and I could barely breathe because it stinks so bad.I asked for a change,and they said theres no available room.I asked for cancellation since this is not the preferred room we asked for and the front desk cant give me another room...then I throw a fit and look for their supervisor or even asked the front desk people to go and sit in that room! So eventually,they told us that theres a junior suite available and theyre still cleaning...after 10 mins went to check it,the bathroom,theres a pee in the floor,old soap suds in the shower glass and the lavatory is clogged! I asked for a lugagge rack and this housekeeping name JAY said they dont have.(really ?) then I have to down to the front desk to ask for luggage rack. the same person i asked for when we were in the deluxe room ,if theres a ways to clean up and remove the smell and he said no because this is a smoking room.So i asked him if he is really aware of his job!
The breakfast! is very poor...4 small slices of beef tapa and egg.The waitress will come and ask you to choose what kind of egg and I ask for over medium..she brought,scrambled egg.
Anyone who is looking for a hotel within manila must think twice before consdering Manila Crown Palace hotel!
Some of the staffs are quite polite!

Room Tip: check your rooms first!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsC410
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Location of hotel is good. Nearby to Robinson's Place ( shopping and dining ) and many other good restaurants in the vicinity.
Breakfast was of poor choice served to your room as the hotel's restaurant was undergoing renovations.
Rooms are clean with barest of amenities. The carpet looks dodgy.
But housekeeping is a major sore point here.
Plates were not collected after b/f. My room was not cleaned which should have been done without asking.
And the air-con unit in the room was droning incessantly so if you are the type that gets agitated easily by noise such as this, you're in for sleepless nights.
And I can surmise that other rooms will be more or less the same.
Apart from these negatives, the staff of the hotel were marvellous.
Cheery and always curteous. Hats off to them.
The hotel rating will improve once they iron out these niggling problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the air-con unit makes the least noise !!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We booked last June and we stayed for 5 days..We arrived at the hotel quite early at 11 am and was assisted by Jovie from front desk ( I hope I got his name right).. We were offered an upgrade at a good price, so my fiancee had agreed on it as it was for an junior suite, cost more but you get what you pay for right. The warmth and the ambiance was what had welcomed us once we were in the lobby..This was just a start to our beautiful stay in Manila Crown. Once we arrived in our room, once more hotel has proven that we had chosen the right hotel to stay in.. The bath was so nice, shower was good and rooms smelled so nice..YOu always feel that you are walking through a spa from the lobby and to your room...
Everyone working in the hotel had a smile for everyone, you feel the warmth of being a valued guest.. Manila Crown Place Hotel is located just near Robinsons Place Manila so you do not need to get a cab to go to the mall..Very convenient indeed. IF ever you need to get a cab to go elsewhere, hotel is happy to call a taxi and would not even insist you get on their hotel taxi ( which is one of the things I do not like on the other hotel we stayed after, will post a review about that later on).
Breakfast was really nice, lots of choices to choose from, always ended up so full and looked forward to waking up everyday and eat again LOL.
Internet connection is free and a very strong connection. room, lobby, all hooked up online everywhere inside the hotel.
Food prices on their room service are reasonable and not too pricey.
They also have their Spa service. My fiancee requested for the special massage for a cost of 500 only, it was fabulous, he actually booked for another one the next day. Thats how good it was.
Check in and check out was so fast..
All in all, Crown has surprised us with so much more than what we can actually ask for..Will be booking again and again..If you want a hotel that truly makes you feel like a valued guest, book here, we booked in other hotels in manila but when it comes to good service, warmth and overall rating, we prefer Manila Crown!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron A
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a great hotel and the staff are very focused on customer satisfaction. They were more than happy to point out the best places to eat, where to shop and things to do. The rooms are basic, but clean, comfortable. The hotel location is very central. Overall great value for money and well worth recommending.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple