“Best Massage Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of M Bay Health Spa

M Bay Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Manila
More attraction details
Owner description: M-Bay Health Spa traces its roots to the Holiday Inn Hotel (Trader’s Hotel) where Shiatsu Massage Therapy was first introduced. In 1977, the late Roberto S. Benedicto, who was at that time the Philippines’ Ambassador to Japan, brought with him, upon his return, two of the best Japanese Shiatsu trainers, Noriko San and Matsuda San, who were both commissioned to teach local masseuses the Shiatsu way. It was at the Holiday Inn Hotel that the successful trainees first practiced the original Shiatsu massage. Holiday Inn Hotel (Trader’s Hotel), located along Roxas Boulevard, was then owned by Mr. Roberto S. Benedicto himself. In 1989, the Shiatsu massage practitioners group moved to a new location, the Manila Bay Health and Fitness Center, also located along Roxas Boulevard. One of these practitioners, Ms. Gloria Felipe, is currently the Master Therapist at the M-Bay Health Spa. After years of successful operation, the group finally transferred to the current location, Quirino Avenue in Malate, Manila, in 1993. Today, under a new management, and carrying a new name, the M-Bay Health Spa. M-Bay Health Spa specializes in the traditional authentic Shiatsu massage, in addition to a range of other pampering services, to address your therapeutic needs. At the M-Bay Health Spa, tradition blends with modernity in its top-notch facilities. We strive to make each visit worth your while.
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have had knots in my back for many years. I've tried many different procedures to remove them. Exercise, stretching, yoga, rubbing my back against walls. I've even seen a chiropractor and have also seen many different massage therapists. Nothing and no one have ever been able to remove my knots. My boyfriend and I were in Manila for a weekend and decided to check this place out. First, we tried the Shiatsu (deep tissue) 90 minute full body massage. It was great! The massage therapist was nice and strong and did a great job but was not able to completely get rid of the knots in my back. ( I didn't expect her too either since this was a full body massage). We went back the next day and had a 2 hour therapeutic master massage with Gloria. (Gloria volunteered to do my massage after feeling my back. She has been working at M Bay health Spa for over 30 years and she trains all the massage therapist). This lady was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! She was able to find all the pressure points that were connected to the knots in my back. I mean, this lady was massaging under my armpits, into my shoulders blades, behind my ears, into my jawbone and every other pressure point to get to the knots in my back. At one point, she had her elbow deep into my shoulder blades. She cracked my neck and different bones in my back that I didn't even know could be cracked. I will admit, it was painful but OMG when she was done; I felt SO relaxed!!!! I felt even better after a full night's rest and woke up feeling SO energized!!!! I wish there were massage therapists like her in the states. My knots are completely gone! Five stars are not enough. The staff were also nice and accommodating and this place was very clean.

Visited June 2013
23 Thank saHolder

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What an awesome Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was in Manila with my girlfriend, and looking for a place to get a legitimate massage that provided the total spa experience at a reasonable price. This place was awesome. We picked the 90 minute Shiatsu massages and purchased a private couples room. The prices were reasonable (you could get a dry massage for really cheap), and the service was amazing. There were attendants at every stage, from the locker room to the waiting area. Everyone was so nice. There was a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and steam shower in the locker room. No rush at all. You could stay as long as needed before or after your massage. My girlfriend and I are headed back today, and will probably pay a little more to get the really nice couples room. The lead massage lady had a long conversation with my girlfriend, felt her back, and volunteered to personally give her a therapeutic massage if we came back. When we were leaving, I was waiting for my girlfriend and the workers in the lobby struck up a conversation. They were really interested in feedback and what they could do better. Honestly, the only thing they need to do is advertise. I only found them because some women left a blog post with pictures. There are plenty of places to get a questionable massage in Manila, as you can see walking down the street, but if you want a quality spa experience at a reasonable price give this place a shot.

Visited June 2013