Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Edgar T

New Solanie Hotel, Leon Guinto, Malate, Manila.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Oct 2016
New Solanie Hotel, Leon Guinto , Malate Manila ist an economy hotel - apartment style, with a touch of class. Saudi Arabian guests had been there, in the past. , as it's located in the middle of the Malate, just at the back of the Phil. Women's Univ. on Taft Ave. The Leon Guinto St. , is a nice street, and the traffic is nice, just a few motor vehicles pass there at night..
Date of stay: April 2016
Room Tip: "3rd floor, has a nice view of d' Leon Guinto St., Malate..
Trip type: Travelled on business
    £29
    £32
0.9 miles from New Solanie Hotel
View more hotels in Manila
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a month in January 2016 and I truly enjoyed it.

The staff was very helpful and they can be trusted. We booked a standard room (for my friend) and a superior room (for my dad and I). The rooms were very clean however the only thing I didn't like was that they charged for everything, from new towels and bedding to extra cleaning days (they only cleaned once a week). We also had to pay for the electricity bill at the end of the stay.

The location and the hospitality of the staff made up for the extra charges. The location is close to a train station, restaurants and night life.

I will definitely stay here again when I go back to the Philippines. Highly recommended despite the extra charges.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank aeswriting
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I had the chance to try this establishment while I was taking the bar exams last November. Seeing as though my review center was within walking distance and University of Santo Tomas (where the exams were held) was a few minutes away, the location was very ideal. The hotel itself stands out from the accessible yet otherwise dreary Manila neighborhood in which it is located. However, the hotel is just minutes away from the cosmopolitan Malate district of Manila as well as Robinson's manila. The hotel itself is quite pleasant; the service is pretty good. The receptionist was very friendly and accomodating especially when I had to request for a little more silence from the staff outside due to my studying requirements. The rooms are clean and well maintained. My room had a nice table in which i can study so plus points for that. The price is very reasonable compared to the other hotels in the vicinity. Apart from the accomodations, the menu from their cafe is wonderful especially the sisig and the beef tapa. I'm usually very picky when it comes to food but their sisig and tapa are topnotch; I gained a few pounds from eating their sisig all the time hehe. They also serve fairly reasonable budget meals for those with stricter budgets; the servings are pretty good for the price. All in all, Solanie hotel proved to be a good home away from home during my bar exam month; the good food and service made my bar exam stress a little less overwhelming.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Mendamus
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Dirty hotel, lots of stairs to get to lobby, outdated filthy room. Wrong information on hotels.com website, stating room has roll in shower and wheelchair accessibility. Had to be carried up the stairs in my wheelchair, just stayed one night because had it booked.
When hotel gives false information, it shows at what extent the bad reputation of that business.

Room tip: no accessibility for wheelchair bound person
Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank luism123448
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Overprized for such a cockarochy, slow wifi, dirty little room. Pillow cases are thorn apart, maybe because of over used. They charge for every little thing. No bed or bed for a sick little boy who wants to be with the father in one room. call you exactly 30 minutes before check out when they know you are only staying there for 12 hours because you have to travel back to your hometown. If you use credit card payment of 1.000 pesos thet charge you 150 pesos fee, even they make a mistake on the payment that they charged you before. My sister wnated to charge coffee on our room and won't charge even we are still in the room. Front person thinks don't care and stuck up! All I can say is stay somewhere elses thats resonable and people are pleasant. I usually a flexible person and don't write comment like this, but This is the least I can do with the hassle I've been thru, even my uncle almost had a heart attack talking to that perosn in thr front desk.

Room tip: Dirty apartment view.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Luckily this hotel is near a place I needed to be at.
So for my own personal needs it was location location location.
Bed, bath, tv air-conditioning and WiFi are available.
No complaints except that there's no parking.

Again, it does the job.