“very friendly and clean”
Review of Lotus Garden Hotel

Lotus Garden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here last year for my birthday and we did it again this year too. it was just like last year except the wi-fi kept going out. but the good thing they would keep resetting the access point close to are room. it was so annoying when it would go out and they had no there at the time that could reset it.
the staff was excellent and very helpful always saying hello with a smile and answering any questionsi might have for them.
excellent location for shopping at Robinson Plaza in Ermita and also close to the U.S. Embassy and a short taxi ride to the Manila Zoo and the Mall of Asia. and lots of places to eat at if you do not want to eat at the hotel are nearby.
yes i would go back.

Room Tip: get a room away from the street if u wish a quiet room

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Me and my Wife stayed at Lotus Garden Hotel Manila for two weeks last Jan/Feb2014. This is our second time in this Hotel. With great pleasure, I am proud to recommend this Hotel to everyone. Staff are very friendly, highly professional, always standing-by and eager to help everyone.

I took some time to sit back and watch their daily operation. From the roadside curve/Front Door, Hotel Securities are always on their toes for any assistance to the Guests. Very attentive on their job. Noted people here are Larry, Rodie, and of course their boss, Russell.

Let us go to the Front Desk at the Main Lobby. Communication skills, attitude to all Guests, prioritizing of tasks on their hand are very exemplary. It doesn't matter if you are a Hotel Guest or just asking for a room rates, Greetings with a big Smile are the first thing you will see and hear from them. Distinguished and professional Staff here are Kevin, Camille, April, Nica, and Jovel.

Let us go to Housekeeping Service, Frances is a professional individual, very accomodating and a friendly guy. She even make sure we are well taken care of on her day off. I wish you will have her assign in our room again on our next vacation, this coming Oct2014.

About Cilantro Restaurant, Alex, Lyn, Vic, Richard, and Lonna are very friendly and highly professional individuals. And of course, Greetings with a Smile are natural from them. Great Breakfast and plenty of food to choose from, eggs to order, and bottomless coffee or juice.

So, for the Management: You should treasure your Staff. They are taking good care of your business. They are the BEST ASSET your business has to offer. Take care of your Staff, full-time as well as part-time personnel. Great People!

From: Dino Family

3  Thank Frankie53143
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Me and my colleague stayed in Lotus Garden for a week on a business trip last week. It's quiet good and the service was up to the mark with courteous staff. The morning breakfasts was yummy yummy. I would recommend this hotel to all who would love to have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I like the location of this hotel as it was close to everything I wanted.. a mall, some restaurants, German, Filipino, Chinese, The room was small but right for the price you are paying. It was nice and clean. You can easily get a cab or jeepney right outside the main entrance. I used the jeepney to go to the nearest LRT @ only PHP8, which is the best mode transport, most tourist spots are located close to these stations... like Mall Of Asia, China Town.... The hotel is quite near NAIA4. Cab ride is abt 15min on light traffic. Meter cab cost about PHP 150 1 way.. but watch out for unmetered cab which can charge up to PHP 300 & up ! Very nice, friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

When my fiancé and I were planning for this year's holiday, I recommended this hotel to him because I got impressed by it when I joined Carlos Celdran's Viva Manila tour. (Oh, by the way, I'd highly recommend his Intramuros and Viva Manila tours. Carlos is a very good tour guide and a very nice guy ☺) We were shown the hotel's 'new building', which is actually an old apartment used by Americans circa 1950-1970, and was refurbished by the hotel.

Unfortunately, he booked a Deluxe Room for us, which was on the hotel's original building. The ones in the 'new building' are the Grand Deluxe Rooms. He asked me to have a look around the room that we'll be getting, weeks before we'd be staying here as I live in Manila, myself, and it's easy for me to get there. That was when I discovered that error. Aw. But the hotel promised me that they'd let us move into the Grand Deluxe, of course with a fee, if there's one available.

As I will be meeting my fiancé later that night, I asked if I could check in before him as I will have a suitcase with me and I do not fancy lugging it from Manila to MIA to the Lotus Garden Hotel. They agreed, provided that my fiancé would state that in the notes field of his on line booking. The front desk also helped me book a transport for us from the airport to the hotel for only PHP 900 (other transport services in Manila would charge at least PHP 1200)

Checking in was a breeze, but we didn't get the room we wanted because the 'new building' was fully booked. What a pity. The room we got was smallish, compared with the other hotels we've been in so far in Manila, but it was nice and clean.

What I like about the location is that it's close to a mall, a pharmacy, fast-food restaurants, and even the US Embassy. Yeah, Ermita WAS a red-light district, especially during the 80's. I was too young to understand what the Pussycat and other bars meant, but by about 1990, they were mainly run-down and empty, anyway. The bars other people write about are mainly situated 4 blocks away. This hotel is close to only one, and really, it's quite quiet 11-ish at night. Trust me, I always wait for a jeepney for my own home a few steps away from this hotel.

Anyway, he didn't make any comment at this (not like the Manila Pavilion, and no, don't get me started on that), so I think it's an ok hotel for him. It's just that the girl at the day reception did not give his change back when he paid for something. Oh yeah, he did remark about our window facing the back end of another building.

So basically, it's an ok-ish hotel, and not too expensive, either.

Room Tip: Ask for a Grand Deluxe room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arlene W
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked this hotel at a friend's recommendation and after checking their website.
A little disappointed because our room on 2nd floor is facing the wall with a little view of the street but blocked by power lines. It made a spacious room very pokey and dark because it's pointless to open the window. Service is average but very respectful and professional. It takes a while for staff to come for requested items. Menu is great from breakfast to dinner, just as well. I did not realise that this hotel is very close to the red light district. I have witnessed the diverse clientele of this hotel in one breakfast seating. Needless to say, my family and I were not comfortable venturing outside during the day or night unless we have a taxi waiting to take us somewhere.
Reasonably priced, clean and suitable for couples and one nighter stay. Unless you are a native of Manila, it is not safe for teenagers to venture outside even to buy water at the closest 7eleven especially at night.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was staid in this hotel twice, in both cases used as a transit hotel because of convenient location to the main city attractions and bus to Puerto Galera stops 20 meters from the hotel. Robinsons Mall in short walking distance too. My first stay was simply great, I was upgraded to a grand deluxe room (for unknown reason) and everything was fine. Comfortable modern room with bath amenities, tea/coffee set and two free small bottles of water. Very nice, friendly and helpful staff. Good bar and restaurant (but very cold in smoking area).
I gave up my jeans to laundry and asked to bring it by my next stay 4 days later, and it was done; they also kept my bag for free during 4 days.
If you’ll need to change money, better do it in money changers close to hotel (there are a lot of changers and you’ll find much higher rates there).
My second stay was not so well: I’ve found cockroaches in bed and I’ve got strange answer from reception, they have offered to send me a room service to check my bed. I have to sleep with light turned on to avoid cockroaches. My window looked on the wall in a meter distance. Wi-Fi in room didn’t work and staff couldn’t help with it. So, I wouldn’t advise to take a standard room (official pictures doesn’t reflect tie reality, in my room I had any refrigerator), but higher priced rooms are OK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo