“Mixed feelings”
Review of Lotus Garden Hotel

Lotus Garden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Not really sure how to rate this hotel. I stayed here twice - stayed, left for another country then came back and stayed again...all pre-reserved. The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly, helpful, accommodating. However, they just cannot seem to get the room right. First stay in a non-smoking room when I reserved a smoking room. Off in the expansion area where you practically need a map to get to and from the room. 2nd stay: We arrived at 1:30pm, exhausted from our other country journey, had to wait 2 hours to get a room (pre-reserved). The room was upgraded, but with twin beds, not a double. The wait was without any estimation of how long. I assumed 10? 15? 20 minutes? Nope...2 hours. Was supposed to be a smoking room, yet no ashtray. Outside of the bathroom window was a huge blower fan, but overall the rooms are pretty quiet (high floor). It's a nice place and worth the cost, but my overall experience has left me with mixed feelings. There are many hotels in Manila (Ermita) in the same price range, so I do not know if I will stay here again or not.

Room Tip: It's Manila....get a high floor away from the street, if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E3242OSrobm

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Lotus Garden is my home whenever I visit Manila. I have been a regular guest annually for the past six years. The hotel staff is courteous, polite, gracious, and quick to respond.

The abundant daily breakfast buffet mirrors Filipino hospitality and diversity. For returning guests like me who crave for local fare, they offer the usual Filipino breakfast: fried rice, chicken adobo, a variety of salted fish with the local side salad of salted eggs, tomatoes, chopped mangoes. For foreigners, they have western choices. In addition, there is a choice of bread; either pan de sal or sliced bread. Eggs are cooked to order. However, you have to make sure you explain very clearly what you want to the person behind the pan. Otherwise, you will end up with something else.

The proximity of the hotel is important, given the inexplicable traffic in Manila. Robinson's Mall is about 10 minutes' walk from the hotel. This mall practically has everything you need. Then, just in front of the hotel are jeepneys that can take you anywhere within Manila. All kinds of restaurants are within walking distance. Lotus Hotel has transportation available as well as long as you book in advance.

Lotus Garden is an ideal place to stay given their location, price, and service.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room with the window facing away from the main street for less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank crafty_dime
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here last February with a few friends. The people here were great! We tried this hotel because we couldn't find any other hotel that wasn't already full, we had no other choice. But to our surprise, we really had a wonderful time.

When we came, the staff were smiling all the time, and they really meant it. Others would just smile because they need to, but these people were different. They were really friendly and accommodating, always ready to lend a hand.

The room that I got was quite good. It was quiet, and comfortable. Probably a 4 out of 5. The food was delicious! I loved their sinigang, made me feel at home.

The location of the hotel was very convenient. It was near a mall, there were also lots of bars which made me and my friends really happy. ;)

I was a little disappointed that there was no pool. Though they have a jacuzzi, I was really hoping for a swim.

Overall, I give the hotel a 4 out of 5. I'd recommend people to try staying at this hotel at least once. You'd probably come back. I know I would.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Spencer L
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Wanted to express my gratitude to your hotel staff for a pleasant stay. Many employees should be named, unfortunately, I don't remember everyone's name. One particular, I would like to mention is Richard and ALL staff at front desk who work tirelessly meeting our needs. My accommodations was primarily on the 5th floor. I definitely recommend your hotel and will return in the future.
Dona
California, USA

Room Tip: The fifth floor was very suitable. Room was big and had kitchenette. Hotel is centrally located to m...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dona777justdoit
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had an overnight stay at Lotus Garden Hotel Manila with a friend. Location is quite good, it's accessible to restaurants and bars in Ermita. The nearest mall, Robinsons Place, is around a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Lots of jeepneys along the street, too.

Check-in was quick. Also, we were given a room upgrade from Deluxe to Grand Deluxe with 2 single beds, which was located in the Marilo Wing. The room was away from the main street, so it was pretty quiet. Inside, there are amenities like LCD TV, a mini-bar, desk, and closet. Linens were crisp and the pillows soft. The bathroom had a shower and came complete with shampoo, soap, and towels. Toothbrush and toothpaste can be requested at the front desk.

Wi-Fi Internet was available (password available at the front desk) but the signal was intermittent during our stay.

The hotel offered a good spread for breakfast, there's Filipino fare as well as pancakes, cereals, eggs, fruits, and toast. Buffet breakfast can be had until 10 AM, so no worries about waking up late and not being able to grab the free breakfast that came with the reservation.

The staff was friendly, one of them was very helpful when it came to directions going to places from the hotel. I wish that more of the staff knew about the history of the Marilo Wing -- we asked 2 of the staff but they weren't able to tell us what it was before it became the hotel's extension wing.

All in all, a good experience. Comfortable, accessible to a lot of places, and with friendly people. Would like to come back again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. No great views from the window, but at least they're more q...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've stayed in this hotel during my visit to manila. The location is wonderful close to all services points(7/11 , Mac,Arabic Resturant,Robinson mall and LA cafe). The reception is so kind and helpful. They are happy to help you. One cute lady in the reception is called Jovel she is helping smiling all the time and also other receptioners are kind they made me lover of this hotel you feel like u r at ur mam home :). I booked the largest room but I found it its not that large however its clean and organised. Laundry service is good also . All in all, according to the price and service, Lotus garden is very convienient place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank princeMedo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The corner location was very good it is near the mall,hospital, embassy and some tourist spots. the rooms are ok nice and clean,just a reminder if you want a quiet room choose the room that is not on the street side, Im very much thankful to the reception people who help me get a quiet room because my 1st day was a noisy one, breakfast was good different choices waiters are very attentive.
i stayed in different hotels in Europe and some part of Asia and in this hotel i experienced one of the best.! Very good Location + Very nice and attentive staffs = I will definitely come back!!!

Room Tip: Rooms not the street side are more quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo