Lowest prices for your stay
£31
Vio.com
£27
£32
Get rewarded with One Key
Simone C

Short stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Jan 2024via mobile
What get what you pay! Clean and very central, good location and close to everything you may need. Also very close to the airport which is always a plus for short stays. Hotel staff very kind and helpfull if needed. I would definitely stay there again.
Date of stay: January 2024
    £44
    £89
1.3 miles from Manila Lotus Hotel
View more hotels in Manila
All reviews cowboy grill egg station buffet breakfast robinsons mall rizal park hot water vic kitchenette security jollibee baywalk filipino sir
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2023

2nd visit to Manila Lotus Hotel ended up with me being accused of stealing a face towel, and reception staff demanding a 150 Php payment. After 5 night stay, then finally getting new towels on last morning, I handed young lad 2 large towels and 2 small towels, the room had not been cleaned during our stay. At 12-45pm upon checking out, reception staff wanted to have the room checked. Then I was accused of stealing a hand towel and have to pay 150 PHp. The reception staff said if I did not pay they would have to pay, due to policy of hotel management. I invited them to check our luggage, the young lady continued to say there was a towel missing, I asked her several times if she was accusing me of theft. I invited her to go through our luggage, she declined, but still insisted I had to pay 150Php herself. I told her whoever wrote the policy should be sacked. I have never had this happen anywhere else in the world. Sorry Manila Lotus I will not be returning, I have cancelled our return booking later in November for 1 week, you have left a bad taste in my mouth. My wife is still upset at us beig accused of stealing a hand towel!

Room tip: Reception staff put under pressure of draconian policies regarding alleged missing article of linen from room.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2023 via mobile

This was a revisited occasion. The room I was told was a superior room, it was very small. It was not like before. We had a strange call from reception asking me to tell my guest to leave, this was gone 10.15pm and the only person with me was my wife. This could of been a big problem, so we both got dressed and went to reception only to be told that they rang the wrong room . I asked for an extension of stay for my room as we had a late flight of which I paid for only for housekeeping to knock on the door asking for us to check out at 10AM, so another trip to reception was needed. I don't think that we will return.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2023

Manila lotus is a very nice hotel. Located 3 k from Intramuros and central Manila. 5 mins walk from the US embassy. It has to be reminded this is a 3 star hotel. All functions work hot water air conditioning and toilet facilities. I had no issues with the room in fact my sons friend came to stay with us unexpectedly and it was no issue we paid a small fee and they upgraded us to a bigger room. The breakfast was great they catered for local Asian food and American breakfast and it was very plentiful. For the price I would thoroughly recommend Manila lotus and we will be going back next week for a few days at the end of our trip. Lastly I have to say the staff are brilliant they were extremely attentive and very welcoming. A big shout out to Roxy, Jes and Neil who helped us with guides, suggestions and answered all our questions and overall made our stay very enjoyable!

Date of stay: May 2023
Reviewed 1 May 2023

Manila Lotus Hotel is well placed in a part of Manila that I particularly love. Being situated right by a variety of key places of interest that for me make this hotel perfectly situated. Firstly you are close to the Manila Bay beach and that makes a huge difference. The space and open water can really give you a welcome break from the busy and frantic streets of a very chaotic city. Secondly you have the lovely Rizal Park right by the hotel. Again it’s so wonderful to be able to walk in the park and enjoy this valuable green space. Then the most wonderful attraction is the incredible Intramuros district that is close by. This is the old walled historic town, which is simply fascinating. In addition you have the whole city to explore just the other side and a huge Robinsons Mall close by giving you the much needed restaurant and shopping options. So the position of the hotel is perfect for me.

The most impressive element of this hotel is the excellent and friendly service from the hotel staff. One would think that good service is given in The Philippines, known for the famous friendliness and the easygoing nature of the people. But sadly this is not always the case and especially in very touristy areas. But pleased to declare that the hotel staff were simply wonderful. They dealt with all my questions and needs at any time of day. All other interaction with the staff was pleasurable and I felt very welcome indeed. They were simply lovely. I would particularly like to mention Gerald who works on the front desk. He never ceased to amaze me with his insight and knowledge of the city and the country in general. He was constantly offering ideas on what I could see and do. I would like also to mention the great security men on the door who dally kept an eye on me as I left the building with my very expensive camera giving advice on my security. They genuinely cared for me. The service was exemplary and I will return for sure.

The room was small but cozy with good functional shower with good pressure and hot water. I had a view of the street and good TV. I feel given the location and the quality of the room at the price I paid was all well and good. I enjoyed an extensive breakfast each morning with all you could possibly want from a buffet. For anyone wanting to stay in a fascinating part of Manila and want an element of luxury and comfort at an affordable price I can recommend The Manila Lotus hotel.

Room tip: Some rooms are windowless and so make sure you check when booking.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Travel-exotic-PB
Reviewed 11 April 2023 via mobile

Booked 4 nights during March 2023, one night (STD room) when we flew in and for 3 nights ( Kitchenette, which I highly recommend) prior to flying out.

Had booked the accommodation through bookings.com (effortless and so easy).. a few staff changes over the past years, but those who remained on site remarkably remembered us by name as we entered after some years being away.

The breakfast buffet was acceptable, and all enjoyed. This hotel is still very much value for money and is, in my opinion, highly recommended for those stopping over in transit while in manila.

Room tip: The best way to book any rooms is to use the booking.com app (easy and quick)
Date of stay: March 2023