“Very average”
Review of City Garden Suites

City Garden Suites
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was OK. I did not like the neighborhood, but it was nice to be at walking distance to Robinson. The breakfast was good, but it was hard to share the room with all these elderly caucasian man who came down to have breakfast with their teen local women. I did not enjoyed this scene so I ended up buying my own breakfast and eating in my own room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at this very average hotel end of June '13, I wanted to pay cash, however, they needed to visa card to confirm I had funds to pay, ok I thought, this strange, but will play the game, ,end of a 3 day stay, I paid them in cash, What they failed to tell me, is that they took the same amount from my card, after promising me my account would not be touched, two staff, lied to my face, ,its now 10th July, and still waiting for them to return my funds, BEWARE , BEWARE . THEN to rub salt into an already not very happy ( me ) , tried to overbook me on goods from mini bar fridge. Stay away.

Room Tip: Beware of the way you pay, get something in writing 1st,
3  Thank kipp s
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The facade of the hotel does not look so appealing,but the inside looks really nice. One of the most outstanding aspects in this hotel is their costumer service. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel offers free breakfast which is really good because you are given a lot of choices. You can even ask them to make you an
omelette. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JhuliaBea
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel was old, but ok for the price. The staff as always was very helpful and polite. The rooms are ok for the price. I had a massage done in the room, when it was time for checkout the receptionist told me that I had a guest for 3 nights and tried to charge me extra. Once I got that straightened out, everything else was ok. I did not eat at the restaurant because it did not meet my standards. Robinsons mall is a 10-15 minute walk. The hotel is located in an ok area. There were no issues with homeless or beggers. I would stay there again if I had to. The price was less than $45.00 a night. The A/C works very well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kflow24
Reviewed 29 June 2013

After a horrid experience with the Oasis Hotel coming in late at night, we were ready to leave Manila. Luckily, we were dropped off at the City Garden Suites and were treated with awesome service. We came in late, and they were able to get us into a room quickly (we were tired). There are people in a service capacity all throughout the hotel, and they are all extremely nice and ask if you need anything. The place is super clean, has great access to tours, is in a pretty good location, and has very good rooms (we got a suite that was very large...like a small apartment). They have an adequate gym. I recommend paying the money for a place like this. Oh, and avoid the Oasis hotel (probably the worst hotel I have seen in 50 countries I have visited).

1  Thank SJA2013
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Only booked in for a couple of nights as moving on to other locations within The Philippines.
Very tide rooms but Air con quite noisy. Well located close to Robinson's Mall, Free WIFI & staff are very friendly & very helpful. Second visit & would recommend

Reviewed 14 June 2013

They say - good days are best celebrated with people you love. But it's a Fly High BEST if you're with the perfect people at the genuinely right place. Yes, I was here with my friends. 'Twas a scheduled get away from our work-reated stress. At first, we are suppose to spend a night at the red light district's bars but our adventure hormones ignited us to try a more decent place to stay and chill in. We ended up at this right place. We were accomodated by courteous and uberly nice professionals. Rooms are clean and modern offering a sweet air for comfort and relaxation. Food where also exquisite. City Gardens has managed to meet our expectations and even exceeded it. It really pays to get to see the inside (Restaurant,Rooms & Facilities) than just to pass it by and let go of a good opportunity. We were just walk-in customers but we checked out with blissful faces and memories we will forever live.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends