“Check in at this hotel”

Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Los Angeles, California
“Check in at this hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I wonder why this hotel was ranked below top 10 when in fact I rank it as my umber 3 hotel in Manila. Of course, Hyatt Hotel and Manila Hotel being my top, but as a 4-star hotel. City Garden made a value for my stay. They have at par standards with good hotels and even staff are very energetic. I have talked to their lobby assistant and enjoyed staying there because of the ambiance. I really had a good time considering that this is near a famous mall and the US Embassy. I rank this hotel as one of my finest hotels I have checked in through Manila.

Room Tip: Choose the bedroom suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PiscesGirl143

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The highlight of my stay was definitely the staff.
The room/hotel services/food ratio is perfect for the price (around 3 stars).

The breakfast was good but the sight of old men with barely legal teens is somehow disturbing ... Maybe the hotel should look into implementing a dresscode or something similar to prevent.

The area is perfect and it is safe to walk around.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Thebeachwanderer
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed there two nights, and we liked this hotel, the room was clean and spacious, nice bathroom and shower, you had to be patient to get hot water, but ok. It was not much noise from the small street outside and heavy curtains kept most of it outside, The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.
It is also very close to the german pub and resto Munchen, and almost across the street for cowboy grill bar, a nice live band place. Only a few minutes walk to LRT

Room Tip: The street outside the entrance is rather noisy, but the street on the back side is almost without t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brasse50
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Once I stayed at City Garden Hotel in Malate, I've been always staying there because all the staff are such a wonderful for their guests any time. Always very much welcoming and great hospitality to all the guests!! A woman who works at business center was so helpful when I had little problems with my trip!! I would stay there whenever I'm in Manila. Thanks always.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LoveStarbuko
ubud
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was OK. I did not like the neighborhood, but it was nice to be at walking distance to Robinson. The breakfast was good, but it was hard to share the room with all these elderly caucasian man who came down to have breakfast with their teen local women. I did not enjoyed this scene so I ended up buying my own breakfast and eating in my own room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at this very average hotel end of June '13, I wanted to pay cash, however, they needed to visa card to confirm I had funds to pay, ok I thought, this strange, but will play the game, ,end of a 3 day stay, I paid them in cash, What they failed to tell me, is that they took the same amount from my card, after promising me my account would not be touched, two staff, lied to my face, ,its now 10th July, and still waiting for them to return my funds, BEWARE , BEWARE . THEN to rub salt into an already not very happy ( me ) , tried to overbook me on goods from mini bar fridge. Stay away.

Room Tip: Beware of the way you pay, get something in writing 1st,
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kipp s
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The facade of the hotel does not look so appealing,but the inside looks really nice. One of the most outstanding aspects in this hotel is their costumer service. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel offers free breakfast which is really good because you are given a lot of choices. You can even ask them to make you an
omelette. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013