Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jeanette B

Clean & comfortable hotel rooms, courteous, respectful housekeeping staff but poor customer service from receptionists

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Dec 2023
This event happened on 15 Dec 2023 at around 130-3 pm.
I was appalled by the poor service from the receptionists at the counter. We have paid and reserved two (2) rooms (The Deluxe) with special request to have the rooms beside each other so we can enjoy our family reunion this December. The reservation and payment were settled as early as October 2023. However, upon reaching the hotel, we were only offered 1 room with 1 big and 1 small bed (The Deluxe room) - Rm 211, and the option of another room with 2 single beds (The Standard room or The Superior Double) because that is the only option available on that wing. Otherwise, the receptionist told me and my husband that the only option is to have a room at another hotel wing. My husband and I told them that we need a big room and beds because of our family's needs. Hence, we settled for rooms on separate wings, though we were not satisfied with the offer. We went up to check Room 211 and saw that is up to our expectation then decided to go to the next room. Upon seeing how small the 2nd room was though it has 1 big bed, I realised that we were offered another room that is not up to our needs and expectations (from my estimation, it is similar to The Superior room, which is smaller than the one we paid for). Hence, I confirmed the booking information with my relative, who told me that the rooms we should be given are two (2) The Deluxe Rooms (1 big bed and 1 small bed, room size 25 sq m). I don't understand why we were offered smaller options when we had paid for a big room TWO MONTHS AGO! When we approached the counter to clarify, the receptionists did the following:
- Can't respond to my question whether a Deluxe Room should have 1 big bed and 1 single bed OR 2 single beds ; Instead of apologising to us, another staff at the counter called someone to check if we had already used the room or not and even said that "my husband had already sat on the bed" when we did not even stay for more than two (2) minutes in the rooms when we checked them ; Another staff quietly mentioned to another to "just offer the other room" ???!!! The receptionists eventually gave us two (2) The Deluxe Rooms (210 and 211) that are beside each other within around 10 minutes of complaining at the counter. The question is why were those rooms not offered to us, in the first place! It is extremely frustrating and disappointing to be treated this way. I felt that the staff attempted to cheat us off our money since they offered us smaller rooms, which are cheaper than what we actually paid for. Furthermore, the rooms offered to us initially made it inconvenient for our family to be together, on a very rare chance for us to reunite for the Christmas holidays! What kind of customer service is this!
I hope the management of City Garden Suites Manila investigate this and ensure that this does not happen to any client again. I would like to be informed of the outcome of the investigation and any action on this matter.
Date of stay: December 2023
GM CGS, General Manager at City Garden Suites, responded to this review
Responded 20 Dec 2023
Dear Ms. Jeanette,

Greetings from City Garden Suites-Manila!

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your recent stay at City Garden Suites Manila. Your feedback is invaluable, and we acknowledge the shortcomings in our service.

We regret any confusion regarding your reservation note for rooms next to each other. We understand the frustration caused by the oversight in not considering your request for adjacent rooms initially.

We are conducting a thorough investigation into the circumstances you highlighted, and corrective measures will be implemented. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Rest assured, we are committed to preventing such incidents in the future.

We value your loyalty and appreciate your commendation of our hospitality staff and Café Miranda team. Your feedback is a catalyst for improvement, and we hope to regain your trust in City Garden Suites Manila.
We will keep you informed of the investigation outcome and any actions taken and will be contacting you through your email. We appreciate your understanding and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more pleasant stay in the future.

Hotel General Manager City Garden Suites-Manila
    £15
    £26
1.2 miles from City Garden Suites
View more hotels in Manila
All reviews cowboy grill rizal park shopping mall philippines embassy robinson security laptop
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2023

Clean room, staff are helpful and professional , daily breakfast was nice,. few blocks to Robinson mall,.walking distance to Manila Bay, 10 mins to walk to NBI clearance if u need, plenty money changers nearby..

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GM CGS, General Manager at City Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2023

Dear Joy,

Greetings from City Garden Suites-Manila!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us! We work hard to provide our guests with the best service and facilities. Indeed the hotel’s location is one of the property’s key assets next to our friendly and accommodating staff. I let my staff know about your appreciation of their service and they also send their thanks and regards to you.

Again, we thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2023

The place is around 30 mins from the airport. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I am impressed by the cleanliness of the room and the lobby. This is a good place to stay with very fair rate. I am willing to book another night here next time.

Room tip: This place has value for money when you want to stay in Manila. This has easy access to historical places in the city.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Krystal,

Reviewed 29 July 2023 via mobile

This hotel in the heart of Ermita offers rather large rooms for a decent price. Rooms have all you need (AC, fridge, TV, good WiFi, hot shower etc. Clean rooms. My room did not have a great view but I could not be bothered as I was there only to sleep. Breakfast included ( egg station, some Asian dishes, bacon, fruit etc). The hotel seems popular with Philippino families, which gives it a nice flavor. Friendly and well trained staff. Large mall ( Robinson) within walking distance with many dining options although the hotel also a restaurant and a bar.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Vlaamse,

Greetings from City Garden Suites-Manila!

Again we thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2023

I had an interview at the us embassy. The hotel is near to alot of convenience stores restaurants and the embassy. It might be an older hotel, The room is clean and spacious. The towel bedding warn and cozy. My only grievance was the room service. It took more than two hours for my dinner to arrive. But the food was good. Maybe i was just hangry.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 6 June 2023 via mobile

What a great hotel. The staff were very friendly and polite. The room was a very good size and very clean and comfortable. The food was excellent and served by polite and professional staff. I look forward to staying there again. This is not my first visit here. The shopping mall is a short walk away and also nice bars are close by

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kisser,