Riviera Mansion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsjunior executive roompremier roommanila baynice hotelprevious staybooked roomsnight lifemabini streetstayed nightswater pressure isa big shopping mallother hotelshigh floorhot and cold showerrestaurants and barsnice roomclose to the airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in Manila over the past 20 yrs & Riviera Mansion, to me, offers unbeatable value.

For $10 more than d Deluxe room($48, 28 sq m), get d Superior Suite (only US$58nett, 40 sq m), coz its much bigger, with separate lounge n dining table. D rooms were recently renovated & clean. Shower water pressure was strong.

Location is d absolute best!!! D 24 hr Hyatt Casino is just across d street. Dont miss Ka Freddie's bar (where Feddie "Anak" Aguilar performs every Friday & Saturday for Peso 250 cover) - its just around d corner. U cant please everyone but for me, Robinsons Mall (2 mins walk) has everything I need - myriad of food options, massage, supermarket, moneychanger. Peso 100 taxi-fare gets U to Mall of Asia in 5 mins.

Negatives: 1. Very very bad signal for my phone - hotel is stuck among other "higher-rise" buildings. Had to leave my phone near d window always to get (at best) v.weak signal. 2. I agree with previous traveller's comments its bad that theres no TV in d lounge. 3. No safe in suite but I was fine with d safe deposit box provided at reception.

Receptionists were competent. Business is brisk at d'Riviera (& not everybody here queues) - so do expect some delays at reception. Nevertheless, I highly recommend Riviera Mansion for its location & unbeatable value for money!

Room Tip: Main street noisy 24/7. Absolute must to request room facing the back for a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank rollingstone66
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Well, this does not mean it has become worse but it is just my luck that I got assign to a low floor and smoking room. It has no bath tub and no handphone signal.

Staff is helpful and polite. One thing to note that the location of this hotel is in the red light district of Ermita. There are beggars and freelancers around that area. This time, I am even being extorted of money.

However, this will not make me avoid this hotel as I have know the surrounding of this place before I book and as a matter of fact this is my second stay there.

So try to get a high floor if you wanted handphone signal.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank mousehunt
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I apologize for the inconvenience that you may have encountered while you were with us. I am happy to inform you that the weak cell phone signal has been resolved. We have installed cell phone signal repeaters on our lower floors that improve the signal reception for mobile phones. As for your other concerns, I have a few suggestions to avoid the same inconvenience to you. Non-smoking rooms can be requested when making your reservation. Bathtubs can be requested upon check-in since most of our rooms do have bathtubs.

As for the beggars and freelancers, it is best to ignore them and avoid any kind of conversation with them. This is through personal experience since I look Chinese and they think I am a tourist as well. This is the best way to get them off your back and don't worry because they will never harm anyone. Any untoward incident can be reported to our security and we will take care of the situation. The area is safe and a tourist police outpost can be seen close to our hotel.

Your feedback has been much appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

no doubt that the hotel room were huge and clean when i stayed there for a night,however,staff were not friendly,no signal in the rooms,no wifi,no breakfast at least.location is cool if you're looking for a busy nightlife.it is a minute walk to robinson's mall,but the mall itself is lousy!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ivz28
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2011

Dear Sir,
We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service that you received from our staff. Please check your inbox as I have sent you a private message regarding your stay. Rest assured that on your next stay with us, if you choose to do so, that I will personally make sure that you experience the quality service that we have been known for. We do provide wifi, currently for a fee, but we are looking into making it free in the very near future. Location as you said is good as we are centrally located and within walking distance to Robinson's Mall which is one of the biggest and newest malls in Metro Manila. It has 7 levels with 240,000 square meters of shops.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

we used to stay here almost every year since 2005 & I have no complaints w/ their service. just a 5 minutes on foot going to Robinsons shopping mall & near to the airport .we will be staying again this coming December & January to celebrate the holiday w/ my family :))

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank zizken
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Initially booked for 6 days, ended up extending for a total of 12 days. On arrival the friendly staff gave me an upgrade of the room. The ac was not cold but the friendly staff fixed this within 5 minutes of reporting it :). Staff is very friendly and accommodating...
The bathroom is newly renovated so it is really clean. Having stayed around the area there is nothing you can beat at this price. Location is convenient, 2 min walk from Robinson Place mall and right across Hyatt hotel Mabini st., so the taxi's can always find it. Manila Bay and Intramuros are closeby and it is a 25 min drive from the airport. 10 mins from Asia Mall.
Recommended two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room, it is less noisy...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends