“Rat infested, moldy, no visible fire exit”
Review of Garden Plaza Hotel

Garden Plaza Hotel
Ranked #97 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I will never stay in this hotel ever again.Why? It's a long list:
1. I wanted to cry when i entered the hotel premises. No visible fire exits.
2. Rats running around.
3. Creepy rooms. The kitchen looks like someone was murdered there.
4. Scary bath tubs. It's like a scene from Psycho.
5. No drinking water for hotel guests.
6. Ancient refrigerator. 90's bought TV. Noisy AC.
7. Comforter. Check out how it looks like and smells.
8. Moth both scented rooms. With a little dash of moldy, and moist mildew feel. Eeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank RonGaby V

Reviewed 17 October 2011

For the price that I paid, P1800, it's a bit on the high side for the value of the room. I have to say that I loved the bed on my room and the comforter and the pillows. But overall, it didn't measure up to its price.

The worst of my experience was when I ordered dinner from the restaurant in the hotel, the Old Swiss Inn. When you have it delivered to your room, it's much higher!!!! I ended up paying more than P800 for a dinner for ONE!!! Although they will warn you over the phone, that ordering dinner from your room costs higher than dining in their restaurant, I was so TIRED during that day that I had to pay the higher price. STILL, it was RIDICULOUSLY MORE EXPENSIVE.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank meimei28
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Sorry but it is not the hotel i would have wanted to stay. Dirty, dusty, musty and old, stained beddings. Absolutely not suitable for kids. Pictures on the website isn't true. I agree with the negative reviewers. It is true. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at any time.. Staffs though tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: never at this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mspeahk
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Besides the musky odor that other travelers noticed, I had a problem to take a shower when I saw how the electric heater was hooked up with the ground wire just hanging next to the plug. I know that there have been several fatalities under similar circumstances and I thought that a hot shower would be nice but did not want to get the experience of being electrocuted under the shower (Philippines has 220 Volts...)

Pool was closed for maintenance, I just felt uncomfortable from the first moment I arrived.

This place was not worth the $ 40,- that I paid. Spend a little bit more and stay in a decent place instead.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank flyhi152
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is great. We will deffinatly be returning here. First on location, It is right next to Paco Park, Quiet neighborhood at night, only about 4 blocks from the LRT. The fornt entrance isn't anything to rave about but the lobby was very well decorated and lit with open air. Everything in marble, and the hotel staff assisted us right away. Once we went to the room we climed quite a few flight of stairs, there was no elevator that we seen or used. Once to our room we could not believe how big it was. We had a living room, dinning room table, full kitchen. And in the bedroom there was two twin beds(much lrger than a real twin) with furniture all over. The bathroom was ok, needs remodeling, but I like the idea with the waterheater, saves energy. They do need ones you can control easier tho. The room was great, but with no view of anything. But no Wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby. The only amentities we checked out was the mini pool. And when they say mini they mean miniture. But a pools a pool. Beds were comfortable, and our room had 2 AC units. This hotel has alot of potential, and is a little old, but you can still see the glory in its timed beauity.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allblueflame
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Anyone traveling, or moving loved ones need to avoid this Hotel at all possible cost!

Are you kidding me? Who writes these reviews? It must be hotel staff that give this hotel anything but the lowest marks!!! Don't buy into it, there are plenty of descent places to stay in this region. This Hotel is not one of them!

The service here is the worst, and their so called reservation system is a bad joke. I placed a reservation with them for my Fiancee, using my credit card. When she arrived late at night, they denied her a room. I ended up spending over an hour on the phone (international call) arguing with their staff who were completely incompetent over ever having made the reservation. I was hung up on twice and put on hold numerous times. When all was said and done, I ended up paying a $500 USD phone bill to correct the issues with a $230 reservation. When contacted about it, the Hotel staff swear that they did everything right. What they don’t understand is that I booked 3 hotels for her stay in Manila. Didn’t have a single problem with any of the others.

The service here was so poor, and the employees were so rude, that my fiancée who is a Philippine native begged me to move her to a different Hotel. Travelers beware! Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. This Hotel is a nightmare! I believe they are also affiliated with Lotus Garden Hotel. I moved her to the Embassy Suites and she was very happy there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank IO_storm
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My partner and I stayed in different hotels during my husband's travel in the PH. We are usually staying in a 3 star hotel and we thought (since it's a 3-star hotel) that this hotel will at least give us a comfortable bed. We checked in at around 3pm just to find out that they don't have the bed (king size) that we requested for. We were disappointed because we booked the room online and we specified on the form that we wanted to have a king size bed instead of a double and a single bed. Well, we will not expect for one if their website did not say that a king size is available. The young lady (cashier) can't comprehend. But then again, we finally got the keys. The room that we got is a deluxe room. In their website, it shows a kitchenette. The room has one double bed, one single bed, and 2 hospital beds (the white covered beds). There's no space for us to move. The room smells like paint and is still sticky. There was no microwave, no utensils, no stove. Just a small table and two chairs, a faucet and a sink. That's it. My husband called the front desk to let them know that it smells paint (turned out to be the room has just been renovated). We transferred to a different room. This time it has 2 double beds and one hospital bed. The fridge is soooo old. Looks like an 80's model. Again, no kitchenette. Just a counter and a faucet with a sink. The towels are dirty white (gray). They only have one soap, one shampoo, one conditioner, two dirty towels. We were placed in their third floor, we have two big suit cases and backpack.. surprise, no elevator! Honestly, the reviews I've read are not true. This is my honest feedback for this hotel - it's worse.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple