AG New World Manila Bay Hotel
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$49
Hotels.com
US$53
US$50
Agoda.com
Red Planet Mabini(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$39
US$418
US$363
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Lotus Garden Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$102
Travelocity
US$28
US$27
Regency Grand Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
  • Pool
US$416
Panpacific.com
2,259 results
All reviewsmarket caferesidence clubmanila bayroom attendanthyatt hotelconcierge staffspecial thankschinese restaurantfitness centerliving roomhouse keepingclub roombusiness tripbreakfast buffetshopping mallericksonfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The whole ride from the airport consisted of the driver trying to hook me up with a local. I've stayed in hotels in Trinidad and Sao Paulo that I would have ventured outside of long before I'd leave the lobby of this one.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Why0221
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Maybe not the cheapest Hotel in Manila, but this Hotel is a good starting Point for whatever Business we're planning in Manila.

Rooms are spacious beds are great ! Bathrooms are nice as well.

Service doesn't meet the Hotel Standard .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MyleneKern
Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are fortunate to be ensconced in this hotel for business and have access to the 10th floor Regency Lounge, you will have no troubles. This is a first-rate Hyatt property on the inside. The only internal issues I had were with the air conditioning not properly working for a couple of days and the ethernet internet service not functioning, but the wi-fi signal was strong and I could log in with multiple devices.

The trouble here is outside. Even on the 10th floor the honking of horns and other noise from the streets were disruptive.

And should one be compelled to go outside to run errands, let's just say any foreigner (i.e. "rich" and gullible person) once off the hotel property will be accosted by touts, pimps, hawkers and beggars. Under no circumstances carry valuables in this neighborhood! Pickpockets are rampant and muggings common. If you need to go somewhere, take a hotel car for maximum safety. I've been in combat zones and walked the streets of many dangerous cities, home and abroad, and Malate/Ermita at night is only for the foolhardy or very street smart.

There is a casino on the property so many of the guests are not your typical businesspeople or sophisticated tourists which you would expect to compose the majority of clientele in a Hyatt. Some of the casino guests from a certain large Asian country can be quite brusque and will just bump you aside should you encounter them at the entrance to any elevator or door. They have also never paid heed to a "No Smoking" sign in their life.

Other guests have complained of cigarette smoke odor wafting through their no-smoking rooms. I did not experience this, fortunately, but was seven floors up from the casino.

Due to my virtually around-the-clock work schedule I only ate in the Regency Lounge when in the hotel, having room service sometimes delivered there. All of the food was fine except for the chicken sausages for breakfast which I consistently found tough and tasteless.

Room Tip: Check your room to make sure it's not overly noisy and that the air conditioner is properly working.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 7J1AIL
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

They upgraded me to a suite on the pool level (9th floor) as the room with the manila bay view I was looking for was not available. The suite was big sized with a huge living room area, bedroom and a marble bath room. However, it wasn't anymore that fresh and time left some traces. Furnitures looked worn, etc. but everything was still with solid quality.

The reception area was always quite busy and there were no seating area. So loads of people were standing around if they had to wait. The lounge area closed by had no direct view on the reception area. They played in the evening nice live music there and had great food and drinks on the menu card. The service was top! The more formal dining options at their two other restaurants (chinese and fireplace) I didn't checked out but I've heared very positive feedback.

The breakfast buffet however was a bit too busy for my taste. Had the feeling to be like at a food court in a shopping mall. Also the quality of the buffet was not on the same level as at the Fairmont hotel in Makati. Bred, Orange juice and coffee were not of the highest quality.

The location in Ermita was for me as a first time visitor in Manila a bit scary. Especially at night I didn't felt comfortable walking around by my own. As I went to this hotel especially due to a closed by billards place, I was very satisfied as one of their staff (Rudolfo) came with me to show me this place. Later in the night he came back to verify if everything is okay and he even walked with me back to the hotel. Much appreciated!

All in all I can recommend this hotel if you want to stay in Ermita as it has a great infrastructure with a nice pool area, etc.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank daspot
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My sister in law and I checked in last Nov. 12. The lobby was filled with cigarette scent and it was quite irritating to the nose. We requested for a room with 2 twin beds in a non=smoking floor but we were given a room with a king size bed in a non-smoking floor. We requested for another pair of bedroom slippers since only one pair was in the room; one toothbrush with toothpaste was provided daily instead of two considering that there were two occupants. Daily newspapers were not readily available, we requested for it. On the positive side, we enjoyed the buffet in Market Cafe, food selections were great.

By the way, we also stayed in this hotel last year and we observed that nothing much have changed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends