“worst hotel in Manila”

AG New World Manila Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you're going to Metro Manila, Philippines, you might as well go to Shangri-La/Peninsula or the newly opened Solaire or even Manila Hotel. These hotels exude class and are even cheaper than this hotel. It doesn't help that the people here are not helpful. Hyatt Manila is not a classy hotel. Upon entering you would notice that this is an old hotel that has not been renovated for a long time. The rooms and carpet are all dusty and have an old smoky smell which tells us that they have seen better days.

Their dining area is also set-up like a small canteen with the plastic tables and chairs. After seeing this, I was actually expecting they will give us plastic spoons and forks also. It really has a cheap atmosphere to it. Their chefs also keep on messing up the orders and the waiters keep on giving the wrong orders to the wrong people (there weren't that many people when we ate, maybe about 10 tables were filled). This is hyatt ! What are plastic tables and chairs doing at a Hyatt hotel ?

My best advise is to stay away from this hotel and go to the other 5-star hotels I mentioned. You'll enjoy them better at superior rates.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank joey j

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have stayed many times at this hotel for business because of the convenient location. I understand that Hyatt is giving up this hotel by the end of the year and I am not surprised. The hotel is starting to show its age and especially the Engineering team seems to be have given up and a lot of areas are due for repair. The service of the team is also no longer as switched on as in the past and it is a shame that the hotel management does not seem to care anymore - several requests were simply ignored despite repeated follow-up's and one had the feeling that the staff have already given up. Food and beverage remains the highlight and both the Chinese Restaurant and the Steakhouse are consistently good, thanks to the great Austrian Chef who seems to be the one person who still seems to care. Let's see how the new Grand Hyatt which is opening soon will do - this Hyatt will not see me again.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Samoht60
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel location was very convenient , it is near restaurant, malls and banks too.the room was very big and comfortable and the executive floor staff was very nice. The breakfast buffet was so so but lunch was fair. The price for a night wasn't expensive and their massage was not expensive too.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for a week and all i can say is that its one of the best hotel i've been because of their nice staffs. Though the location is not that nice outside the hotel but the view in our room is the best. The pool is nice with the very relaxing jacuzzi and its privacy is nice. The staffs are very nice specially in The Lounge and poolside even in the reception and the operators and the housekeeping are very nice. Im surely going back there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mhai D
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first visit and being GOLD PASSPORT HYATT is one my preferred choice so booked in here!! This one has a bit different appearance than usual Hyatt from outside so i felt bit sceptical while entering but the cheered welcome at reception made it relaxing. This hotel has nice swimming pool, various options of BAR and of course on the top casino! The overall experience is good as a beach is few minutes walk away and place reminded me of marine drive in Mumbai. The street where in the hotel is congested with crowd, traffic and lots of night clubs making it bit feel unsafe but it is not the case. The VIP lounge at 10th floor has very nice ambience and good menu to bite while having a drink viewing Manila from here. Overall nice first experience!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I twisted my ankle on the last day. A nurse bandaged me up and I had my lunch meeting in a wheelchair with an ice pack. They even moved my ordered lunch from the cafe to the lounge where we were meeting.

The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious but not remarkable. It's not a grand hyatt. The location is very busy with touts everywhere. The food is quite good. I had breakfast as well as room service. Both above average.

Ate at some nearby local food with a show. Horrible food.

Being Manila, access to airport is so-so. The casino was very very quiet when I looked. Getting a taxi is easy and staff is very helpful and friendly. If you stayed here, you'd probably would not be disappointed.

1  Thank Tatyee
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Last July 21, 2014, I attended the Induction ceremony of Paco Alumni Association at this hotel. I had a premonition of the parking nightmare I was facing and how true it was. while trying to park the guard at one end of the hotel offer their basement parking when I tried parking there the guard at the entrance told me that they no longer have any space for me. I wish the guards would get their act in order so I don't have to waste gas going around the hotel block looking for a parking space. ultimately, I was force to park a block away from the hotel, if not for a commitment with my host that night I would have just left and not attend the event. The food that night was just so so that I nearly fell asleep, standard fare in all chinese lauriat and nothing stand out. the staff was worst I had a hard time asking for spoon and fork, glass of water and they acted as if we owe them for coming to their hotel. the hotel wifi, it was nothing to talk about because there was no wifi at all, one waiter even told me they don't allow event guest access to their wifi facilities. if not for my commitment to my friend I would have left the event as soon it started, the waiters and supervisor didn't gave me impression that they welcome me there that I should be serving them and not they serving me.

1  Thank William K