“Needs Work”
Review of Manila Zoo

Manila Zoo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is very obvious. That these animals are miserable. It is hot, humid, no breeze and dirty. Granted I am spoiled by the San Diego Zoo. Still it is the responsibility of any zoo management. To provide a healthy environment for its animals. There more photo ops with some animals here then elsewhere. This zoo is within walking distance of the condo. That I usually stay at during my many visits to the Philippines. I am friends with many Filipino families. Who always enjoy the visit to the zoo. So I usually go there for easy, quick and cheap entertainment.

2  Thank TwilightDancer

Reviewed 27 May 2014

when we got to manila zoo we were kind of disappointed. why? first, the price for non-manilas is a 100peso (others might think its actually cheap) second, the first animal that we saw was the elephant and my group were very sad too see it, it has some kind of skin disease even the youngest of our group which was 7y/o noticed it. we roamed more to see more animals stressed and unhealthy the tiger and lion were very thin (you can actually notice it because the back bone were showing) so as the tigers. Crocs were many and saw one particular crocodile very sick. Manila zoo needs an overhaul to help the animals really as a traveler who have been a lot to many zoos it needs help.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Hi my name is damien Auksorius , we visited Manila zoo over the Christmas period , I found the zoo to be excellent , the birds were awesome and you could hold them and get a photo taken , not one photo but about 10 photos they took of us , but we enjoyed the experience , would recommend it to anyone

1  Thank damian a
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my 3 kids went to Manila Zoo last April. My kids enjoyed our visit even they were looking for some zoo animals like giraffe etc. My kids love Mali the elephant and the hybrid of a zebra and a horse. The zoo needs an improvement and they should put the tigers in a large cage not in a small one that the monkey once used few years ago. The zoo really needs alot of improvement and the animals must be well taken care.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2014

April 2013- The reviews about how poorly the animals are kept...are pretty accurate. It's a shame, but Philippines is 3rd world, so money is always tight. It was only 40p to get in, and we easily killed a couple of hours or so. Had a good time, but it would be really nice if they would improve the place for people and the animals they keep.

3  Thank E3242OSrobm