“Bicycle tour :)”
Review of Smokey Tours

Smokey Tours
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Manila
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit one of the biggest slums in Manila, bike around Intramuros, haggle and shop in Binondo and Chinatown, see how people live among the dead and understand lives of women in prison...These are all possibilities of what you can do with Smokey Tours! Our mission is to show our guests "the other side of Manila" with safe, genuine and eye-opening tours while simultaneously aiding a local NGO. Smokey Tours offers tours around Metro Manila: 1) The Bicycle Tour through Intramuros, Luneta and the surrounding areas including a bike down Roxas Boulevard so you can experience Manila Bay. 2) The Market Tour through Binondo and Chinatown. 3) The Slum Tour - our most popular tour that goes through the slums of Manila, wherein profits are donated to the local organization CREST. 4) The Cemetery Tour showing you the lives of the people living in one of Manila's cemeteries and introduces you to their beliefs and superstitions.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I came back to Manila and had the change to do the Bicycle tour! This was absolutely great! As a Dutch person I really missed my Biclycle after a few months in Asia. The guide told us a lot of information about the parts of the city we visited. It’s nice to see the city from you bicycle, and the people on the streets are so enthusiastic when they see you! Bring some water and sun block and let Smokey Tours guide you through the traffic of Manila!
I booked the tour alone, but met some nice other travellers, this was very nice!

5  Thank maaikevr_nl
SmokeyToursTeam, Manager at Smokey Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Dear Maaike,

Thank you for sharing your good experience! It is nice knowing that you have enjoyed our bycicle tour. Our goal is to give everyone a unique experience and introduce a different side of Manila! We hope to see you again sometime in one of our other Smokey Tours!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Smokey Tours

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Review-Smokey mountain slum tour. I have traveled a lot through South East Asia, but have never seen at such close quarters this level of poverty. The people etch out a tough existence in this part of Tondo, but still manage to smile, the tour is done in a way the as uninvasive as possible and gives back to the area through ST Martin NGO who look like they do some great work. Our guide Nympha was excellent, extremely knowledgable and has a intimate knowledge of the area. Highly recommend this tour to anyone. I will be taking family/friends on it when they visit Manila.

7  Thank Matt D
SmokeyToursTeam, Manager at Smokey Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Hello Matt,

First of all the entire team of Smokey Tours would like to say thank you so much for the great review you have shared with us. It was so flattering to read such good comment that will serve as another inspiration for us to do the best thing we can.

We look forward to see you again in one of our other Smokey Tours with your friends and family when you all visit Manila!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Did the smokey mountain tour last month. To summarize the experience (which it was) in a couple of words, then I would say: Overwhelming, touching and very much in your face.

Although it made me feel a bit sad to see in what conditions people are living here and the children grow up, I found it very interesting to see how people still manage to have a living and what NGO's do to support the people and provide them with the bare necessities.

To my opinion this is a must-do tour for everyone that is priviledged to be able to travel to The Philippines and wants to see/experience another side of Manila not that common for tourists, but very real for many people in Manila.

5  Thank Guido_W72

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your great and overwhelming Smokey/ Slum Tour experience. This is very helpful for other tourist and travelers who would like to try this kind of tour.

Absolutely true it is very interesting to see how people still manage to have a living and what NGO's like us do in order to support the people and be able provide people with basic necessities.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had this tour the second day I arrived in Manila. It had a big impact on me cause of all the impulses, sights and people. It was so interesting to get to know the people who live in Tondo and interact with them. They really showed me it's important to help these people. After my visit I was so thankful for my life and it actually changed alot in my way of thinking in a positive way. It's important to help each other.

8  Thank Chloe L

Hi Chloe,

We are so grateful for your review! Great to hear from you that your Slum Tour experience actually changed a lot in your own way of thinking in a positive way and this tour has made a biggest impact in you.

It is really important to help each other. We hope to see you again sometime in one of our other Smokey Tours!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The second day that my boyfriend and I arrived in Manila we did the Smokey bicycle Tour with Smokey Tours. It was AMAZING! It is so great to ride on a bicycle and explore the city. It is a totally diffrent view and you will see places that you normally not visited. Our guide was so friendly, nice and teached us so much about Manila, the country and the people. The residents of the city are all so happy to see you riding on a bike. You got so many smiles and waves. Little children that running after you, proud to talk English with you. I would really recommend everybody to go on a trip with Smokeytours. It is a trip for everybody!

4  Thank palaga1240
SmokeyToursTeam, Manager at Smokey Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2015

Hello Palaga,

We appreciate you taking time to post your review about your experience tour with us.Great to know that you and your boyfriend had an amazing bicycle tour,thank you in advance if you would recommend everybody to go on a trip with Smokey Tours!

Yes, indeed this is a trip for everybody!

Best regards,