“Excellent with home stay feel....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Grand Suites

Regency Grand Suites
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Singapore
“Excellent with home stay feel....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am walk in to RGS condo counter, been treat nice with good offer rate and home feel. I love their cosy and comfortable bed, it really better then Diamond/Pan Pacific/Hyatt hotel, just my personal preference. I will come back again. Value for $ to spend on homely feel

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jackeloo
KarenRGS, General Manager at Regency Grand Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Jack

We're very honoured and glad to be your new home base in Manila. It was a pleasure to have you

I'm happy that our hotel colleagues were able to assist in providing you a more comfortable experience

I wish to thank you for your wonderful and gracious feedback. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel have a good location if you want to stay at the part of the old town, it is middle of the Red Light District, and it is noisy as previously others have rated, we arrive early in the early hours during the 1st day morning, early check in is 150peso per hour rate this is for the twin room, the studio will cost you 100peso per hour to check in early, it is your choice, 1st a lady told us 100peso per hour and after we decided to check in early, the other fellow told us is 150peso per hour, so it was ok, but the real let down is, they only issued you one key card per room, even thought it is a twin room, our friends room 1st checked in have problems with the telephone, they quickly change it, but our room is unfortunate, the key card not working and we have to wait for couple of hours for our key card and waiting others to check out, apparently they run out of key card on that day, they should look into this problem, they keep apologizing for it and refund one room early check in money due to the inconveniences cause. Yes, security deposit is 2,000peso per room they don't do credit card pre-authorization, standby some cash for this. Another let down is, if it is raining it will be a hassle to get out of the hotel as the front of the hotel does have any cover area for Taxi or car... so bring an umbrella or rani coat with you during raining season. A lot dodgy places located walking distance of the hotel, if you are looking for action this is the place to stay, ZZYZX just down the road, happening place there, if you don't want the hassle you can choose to stay at Edsa or Greenbelt area which will save you some Cab money, if you only go for shopping and restaurant food hunting, Greenbelt too couple of clubs we went also got dodgy action as well, if you know what i mean. I will recommend this Hotel to guys who looking for some action around Manila, not for Families or couples. Me and my buddy will come back to stay here, but our lady friend will prefer Greenbelt more and Greenbelt is more pricy than other places especially food side but Greenbelt food does taste nicer than other outlets elsewhere thought so it a give and take thing.....

Room Tip: It is noisy during the night when the party starts next to the hotel (Bellagio Square), a lot pubs t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Winstonw7910
Dear Sir Winston

Thank you for staying with us, I am very sorry for any inconvenience that occurred during your stay.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognise our strengths and areas of challenges, which then allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed.

I hope you will keep Regency Grand Suites in mind on your next trip to Manila.

Warm regards
Ms Karen Ang Niegas
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here from Jun 25-27 2014, I booked via Agoda 58$/night for Premier Studio King (Partial Bay View) non breakfast

My flight arrived around 4am in Manila, was ask for pick up at the airport, but noone come pick me up, I tried to call them and noone answer the phone, may be too early?!! Then I had to take the cab to hotel, hotel actually on the tower named "Birch Tower Condo"

*Good points:
- Arrived to hotel early around 6:30am, they let's me check-in early!
- Near hotel have Robinson Mall, and some street vendors, it's good! Also close to Mc Donald and Ministop! near Manila Bay, Ocean Park and some Churchs
- My room on 31st fl, my view is the city and a part of the sea! It's quiet nice!

*Bad points:
- Locals simcard can't good work, really weak connection !!! Go to bacon and you have a so so connection.
- Wifi didn't work good also, I can't contact my Macbook with wifi!!! also my iPhone, but Samsung phone can work a bit sometime!
- Room is small, but you have a small kitchen, with microwave, room is clean
- Abit noise in the morning, because the staff talk too loud, although I put "Do not Disturb" outside, but they still knock my door ask for if I wanna make the room??
- Hotel can't help you call the cab! I ask them to call me the cab, and one of their staff come to the conner try to get one...and they give up to help me take the cab?? just tell me, go to the conner and try to get one??
- Roads near hotel will be block by water, if rain too much!!

I think with 50$ in Manila you can get the better hotels, I stayed 3 different hotel in Manila and this is the worst, bad service!! I will never come back here

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ThaoMK
Dear Thaomk

I'm saddened to hear about the challenges you experienced with our service. Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges. I have taken note of your comments and I will make sure that they are relayed to the concerned department heads so that such incidents will not happen again.

Once again, I wish to thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is located right next door to Robinsons shopping mall, which is very handy. On arrival we were welcomed by friendly staff who offered a free upgrade to a suite. At £32 I could not believe the standards of the rooms. We had a kitchen, living room and a bedroom. The view over Manila Bay was great.
The gym had a ok selection of machines, free weights and cardio equiptment.

Would use this hotel again if i returned to Manila.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travel27007
Dear Travel27007

We feel honored to be your hotel of choice.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful feedback. I am grateful and appreciative of your generous commendations

Thank you once again and we all look forward to being of service to you once again.

Elk Grove, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked this "hotel" thru Trip Advisor via Booking.com for 3 nights. Met by an untrained staff & was asked to pay for the entire stay upfront plus P2,000 security deposit for a "Superior" room. At that moment, I knew this place is not going to be what I was expecting it to be. The "front of the house" stinks all the to the elevator and up to the 32nd floor hall without air conditioner.

The place is an OVEN. The room has 3 parts: bath, bar, and bed. This is NOT a "Hotel" nor "Grand Suites", this is a high-rise apartment- seen in other Asian cities/countries like Hongkong, Taipei, etc. where space is extremely limited. The bathroom is good for only person; the "kitchenette" is actually a bar equipped with a dorm-fridge, a microwave, and a couple dinner/flatwares. a 2-foot opening leads you to the bedspace which is a king bed rammed in an 8 x 12 area. there was a 4-inch wide mantle propped up for a flat-screen tv and a cable box. be careful not to scrape yourself on this thing as there was a tiny nail protruding outwards.

The accommodation is very, very disappointing. What with the poor wifi service, nothing came close to say something nice about the place. There is NO telephone inside the room. I had to go 32 floors down to get an incoming call in the lobby- what a complete letdown! When I asked for a replenishment for my drinking water, the telephone operator told me I will be charged from then on. I said I paid $64 per night and you couldn't even throw-in free drinking water for your damned coffee? That was for me, the last straw. I have already bit my tongue long enough and I've had it.

There are lots of other places to stay in the area-more comfortable and well-priced. "Grand Suites" did not even come close to its name, I would rather run a tailor shop or hardware store instead of going into the Service Industry where Hotel Operations require YEARS of careful planning, training, and in-depth knowledge. In closing, a one-mark is what this business deserved.

Room Tip: I can only help future travelers by not recommending this bad place.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank lovetahoe35
Dear Lovetahoe

I value your constructive feedback especially since we're still a “young” hotel, we are open to learn about the areas that we can improve on. My team and I are working hard on service standards and also finding ways to improve.

As part of the action we already provided telephone/pabx to each room and installed ceiliong fan at the elevator hallway to bring convenience and comfort to out valued client.

I do hope that on your next trip to Manila, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Hopefully on your return, you will see improvements in some of the details you mentioned as we make the necessary adjustments.

Funabashi, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for a night, and I was so impress with our room.
The Room is clean, spacious and most of all it has a homey feel in it.
We love the bed, coz the linen are so comfy.
The bathroom is very modern, most of all, the Shower really serves hot water... lol...(most shower here in the Philippines dont know what is the word HOT), there is also a Hair Dryer, which is very important for me and my hubby. One thing is that they dont have Toothbrush and Toothpaste available..when I asked this to the Manager, she told me that because they just started operating recently...it is still under negotiation and told me that when we come back this august, they will surely have toothbrush, toothpaste ...and also slippers ready for the guests.
Kitchen area is nice, as u can see in my uploaded pictures... it has kettle and microwave, they also give complimentary cold water, available inside the fridge.
There is a Pool and a Gym...unfortunately we didnt have time to dip into the pool...
Robinson's place Manila is a few steps away..

The Staff are all friendly and accomodating.
I actually asked them (secretly) if they can arrange a set up in the room for our anniversary this august, and they gladly answered me with a YES....

So will surely be back this August....

I would really recommend this Hotel to anyone!... Its affordable...in a price that wont compromise your wallet....

Good Job Regency Grand Suites!~

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Michelle I
DEar Michelle

Your review is a heartwarming series of gracious commendations and wonderful compliments, thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

We are excited to see you again and celebrate your anniversary with us, it will be our pleasure to set the room for you :)

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter booked this hotel for one night before we took off to Boracay. Believe me,it was best hotel I have stayed in in Manila. This is a new hotel I believe. The rooms are spacious and clean, beds are made everyday, and all staff are very friendly and the Manager is very accommodating.
The rooms are provided with Microwave, plates, saucers, cups and sachets of coffee, sugar, milk and room service is very good. Any complaints are dealt with quickly.
The entrance is well secured. Security guard opening the hotel glass door and as soon as you enter into their reception lobby you feel a sense of satisfaction right away. If I am right there are 50 floors in this hotel and each room got a balcony overlooking Manila Bay;fantastic view of sunset.I recommend this hotel to all travellers. You won't be disappointed as location is very good. It is near big shopping mall like Robinsons, Starbucks Cafe nearby,Luneta Park, Zoo, etc.
I will stay there from now on and not wasting my time looking for other hotels. The hotel has a gym and swimming pool. They can keep your luggage after check-outs if you still want to go shopping before you depart to airport. They can do anything for you. I love this hotel! One slight problem though. The lifts or elevators and corridors are not well ventilated. No aircon.

Room Tip: Higher floors got very good views . Book for Deluxe Twin beds or one bedroom with a king bed. Delux...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jean H
Dear Jean

To be considered as the best in Manila is an honor especially for being such a young hotel. Thank you very much for your gracious words, you are too kind.

I'm glad we were able to provide you the accommodation and amenities you needed for a comfortable stay experience. I'm most delighted to learn that it was our service that made your stay even more wonderful.

It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your return.