“Very friendly staff and nice rooms but Bar and restaurant not too good”

and 1 more site!
G Hotel Manila by Waterfront
Ranked #59 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff and nice rooms but Bar and restaurant not too good”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for three nights a stay of two nights and then one more night 5 days later. We checked in just after modnight, staff were really friendly and told us about a 6.00am pick-up that we were expecting. They did us a nice breakfast in our room at 5.15 so really flexible.
Suite on 4th Floor was very good and wifi was free, not always the case in Manila Hotels.
Problem was when we returned in the evening, we headed up to the bar, and ordered special cocktail and a beer, cocktails which were advertised in the lift were not available, promotion finished, so we asked for Cocktail of the day, they didn't have one. So we asked for Gin and Tonic and a beer, they came back with two beers, assuming that maybe it was happy hour and that both beers were for me we asked again for G&T it finally came after 20 mins, by which time we had drank the beers so we ordered another beer and G&T, we got two of each after a short wait. It was probably just misunderstanding but not great feel particularly as in the bar during this there was noisy group engaged in what seemed like shady activities with ladies and guys disappearing off to rooms.
We crossed the floor to the restaurant where surprise, surprise the specials were not available. We ordered one pork dish, OK, but a beef dish (Kare Kare I think) was inedible.
To be fair breakfast was not too bad although on or next visit we decided just to set off and grab a take-away as it took too long despite being mainly buffet.
On second visit our safe broke, guy came up quickly and managed to fix it with just a chnage of batteries and a reset.
On our next two stays in Manila we stayed in other hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are noisier
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I booked the hotel because of the location, but I didn't know it was the worse hotel I have ever experienced. The Lobby looks very clean and inviting, staff are very polite and courteous, but they need some training. Once I entered my room, I was absolutely shocked!
1. by poor maintenance, dirty bed sheets, poor decoration. I had to call house keeping to change my bed sheet. The sheet felt like a paper and very old. Like Hospital Sheet!
2. Safe Box was 30 years old
3. TV set was from 1970, even the power button did not work
4. The room was close on Roxy Blvd, at night I couldn't sleep because the traffic sound was
terrifying.
5. Dinner was absolutely disappointing, I ordered salad, and main dish. The salad ingredient
was left from previous day and the main dish was totally disappointing.
6. The most shocking of all, the bar was located on top floor, close to pool. When I entered, the
the shelve was empty, and I asked the hotel staff where is the bar, they said "this is the bar"
I was surprised and totally dismayed by lack of consideration for a cool and quietly
environment in the bar. There were loud kids playing around the pool, I didn't see
it was resemble a bar scene.
7. The breakfast was okay, all the dishes were mainly of Filipino, if you want eggs, you have
to ask, and I got my eggs half cooked. I was not impressed by breakfast.

Overall, if you want to a book hotel, please look somewhere else. Otherwise you will be utterly disappointed by lack of service and amenities. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Room Tip: There are many hotels around Manila! Choose wisely !!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Michael F
Benhur C, Manager at G Hotel Manila by Waterfront, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had in our hotel.

Rest assure that your concerns have be taken into serious consideration.

As such, it is our commitment to make your next stay as memorable as it should be.

Best Regards,

Y Roche

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Manila
Reviewed 11 November 2013

great little spot to stay, in metro manila , clean ,staff friendly and help full,

close by food stores, and Robertson mall ,just a good all round location, free breakfast was the only thing l would complain about not much to choose from, but hey its still was for free so why complain

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Paul M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I went there for a staycation with my friends and we love the big lobby .Their new wing are newly renovated, very clean rooms. Staff are very friendly as well, if you are there go to bar, very nice bar and restaurant,breakfast here is very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kevin l
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

All right fellow travelers. If you want a GREAT location on Roxas, thats also affordable and stylish with a bit of privacy, you have arrived.

Not only this, You will have the best breakfast in Manila of ANY hotel. Hands down. Breakfast here is astonishingly good.

Rooms are fundamentally sound. You might have a small tube television in the room, and a tiny window. The pool, both times wasn't really finished each time when I got there but it looked stylish, with the pool and bar being on the top or 5th (if I can remember) floor of the hotel.

I dont know why I liked this place. I think my rate was $65. I ended up getting a 5 star experience. Once problem and I cant really blame this because you get this all over the country, even if they have your reservation on their computer, you still have to furnish paper documents and booking vouchers otherwise you will be hanging out on that black and white carpet till they print it for you!

Room Tip: Best Breakfast in Manila!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SonicSpringBok
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Overall a comfortable stay:

1. Staff were very polite and helpful
2. Bedroom was comfortable with a king size bed, refrigerator, kitchen sink, mini bar snacks
3. Cold air-con
4. Breakfast is a small buffet, they accept requests to the chef.
5. Within 30-40 mins from the airport (with traffic)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Loretta S
Veal Sbov
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good location, within walking distance of Rizal Park, Manila Cathedral and US Embassy. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and security is up to the task. The only small negative is that the rooms are a little dated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple