“malate” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Pacific Suites Hotel

Rainbow Pacific Suites Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manila
Rainbow Pacific Suites Hotel
Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Manila
London, United Kingdom
“malate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Handy reasonable priced hotel, but never seem to be able to pay by credit card only cash. It is near to malate for the night life, restaurants and shopping centre quiet near. You can get a good view of the bay if your on the top floors and on the right side. There is a small pool on the roof handy for sunbathing.

Room Tip: higher up the better, with bay view on one side.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeff_PLondon

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

This place is average. The rooms are quite big for the price, beds are comfy, has a pool and aircon is good. Wifi only in lobby. Noise from the street and hallways is bad. I had 7 Filipinos in a room next door meant for 2, coming and going all night. They are also constructing a large building outside your room window. Staff were quite professional but unfriendly. I don't know why people say this is a gay hotel - none of the all-male staff appeared gay or even gay-friendly. Barely got a smile. The area around the hotel is pretty foul - heaps of hustling, begging and stepping over rubbish and urine. Stay in Makati and catch a return taxi anywhere for under $8!

Room Tip: Stay on north side away from construction noise
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank KiwiMatty
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was a little shy about staying here because it is know as a "GAY" hotel. This didn't seem to be the whole truth. My fiance and I, which is now my husband, got married in this hotel in our room. We thoroughly enjoy the downtown view of Manila and the nightlife. I was a little disappointed in the shower. It was very hard to adjust. My husband did some training in the hotel a few years ago. He recommended at first. We stayed at the New Solanie hotel for one week. But, when we came to the Rainbow Hotel, I really liked it. The room service was great. We had complimentary breakfast every morning. Real breakfast!! The bed was outstanding and was a "real" mattress unlike the New Solanie. The place is not fancy, but it pleased us both. I will never forget our stay there since we were married there. If I get to go back, I will definitely stay there. There are a few cock roaches around but not many. They just need to pick up your food plates right after you put them out the door. Thanks for everything Rainbow. You are my pick. The bright colors of the rooms kept everything happy for us both.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daywind
Cologne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Please be warned that they have mice in the hotel. When we saw one running around our room and called the reception, their solution was to put two traps in the room and say: 'Please call us when it is caught.' !?!?!?! We packed our things immediately and left.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GermanGirlCologne

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

I first stayed at Rainbow Pacific Suites two years ago. I thought it to be good value for money, but the housekeeping was poor, the levels of cleanliness barely acceptable. In spite of those factors, I considered it an acceptable hotel with good rates so that's why I'm back here in January 2009.
I write this "review" as I sit in the lobby of Rainbow, using their free wifi. To my delight I have to say this is a changed hotel. Maybe they have a new Manager. I really do not know. I understand the owner is the same....but something has changed. The housekeeping is excellent, the hotel is spotless. Staff are in abundance, and they are all friendly, polite and well spoken. It's really hard to find any fault with this hotel now. The rates include 2 free breakfasts....admittedly quite small portions....but hey the room rates are great value even without the free breakfast.
I've read some reviews of security issues at Rainbow. I've had no problems but common sense should prevail. The Philippines is a poor country so it's wise to leave NO TEMPTATIONS to anyone who may enter your room.
Overall, my conclusion of this hotel is that it offers EXCELLENT value for money, great service, clean rooms and a breakfast that's just enough to give you an appetite!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MurrayRussell
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

This is the place to stay. Wonderful staff, rooms/suites very well appointed. Location second to none. NO joiner fee. Gay managed and close to a couple of gay bars and a huge variety of restaurants. Room rates are excellent value. Will return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johns-email
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

would stay there again, reasonably priced, good alround place for the money

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends