“Simple and nice location”
Review of Hostel 1632

Hostel 1632
Ranked #40 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Saudi Arabia
“Simple and nice location”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a night for my flight on the next day, the staffs are nice and friendly, the room is simple, clean, modest with small refrigerator and with free wifi access. What I've notice the lights are not that well lightened, but it doesnt matter for me. The place is near at Robinson's mall and 20 to 30 mins cab ride going to airport, I would definitely come back and stay on this hostel next time...

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Erlyn R
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Hostel 1632, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Erlyn R,

We would like to thank you for sharing your positive comment in this review site. It is good know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. This is definitely useful for other Tripadvisor member who wish to visit Manila and find a place to stay.

We are excited to welcome you back again here at Hostel 1632!

Elliessa Maclang-Marantan
Hotel Online Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect if you are on a business trip or for just a quick stop around Ermita, Manila.. Room isn't that great though it has a fridge with all different kind of drinks and snacks but not for free consumption of course. With its rate I can say the bed and mattress is more than what I paid I found it comfortable enough. The en suite T&B is okay not really that spacious but u will never get problems with the water pressure as we'll it's hot and cold shower. Cleanliness is their main goal I guess just always put that don't disturb stub on ur door if u wanna sleep in more in the morning.

Okay here Are the things I felt bad about this hostel.. Yeah staffs do always say hi and hellos to their guests but not to everybody. They chose whom to greet. LOL. Ding it!!! I was discriminated in my own country with my fellow men. About their expensive foods...I suggest U better eat outside since the mall is just a 2 minute walk from the place. I don't care if I will pay more for foods as long as it satisfies me. And the worst thing i am 100% assured that I left my sandals there and was never get informed about it when they did the room clearance for my check out bills.

In despite of the bad experience I would stay here again if I'm on a tight budget travel again. :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Hostel 1632, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Billeah10,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review your stay here at Hostel 1632.

Guest reviews are very essential to us to evaluate our services and we found your comments very helpful to us to serve you and our future guests at our very best.

For the bad experience you have encountered, we apologize for that. As part of our service, greeting our guest are very important that is why we use to greet everyone. But if the instance of choosing the guest to greet happened, we would like to thank you for calling our attention on this matter. Rest assured that this will not happen again.

Referring to you personal belonging left inside the room, upon further investigation, our staff found no item left by the time you are checking-out. Also, if happened that they found it too late, it is our standard operating procedure to surrender any item at the Housekeeping department. But unfortunately, your missing belonging was not the lost and found section and we are sorry about this.

Despite those inconvenience, we are very glad that you still prefer to stay with us again in your next visit. Many thanks and we look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel is very clean and cheap,we paid 1300 php for a room with TV, AC, hot shower, a refrigerator. The room is a little small, but its not a problem for me, we had a flight at 10 PM, so we asked the staff if we can do a late check out, so they agreed to check out at 6 PM (instead o 12PM) for 650 php extra, that was fine. I do recommended on this place he is very nice and cheap!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank eitanmg
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Hostel 1632, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear eitanmg,

We do appreciate you taking time to share your positive comments about Hostel 1632.

We are very glad that you find our property a good place to stay and the price a good deal. Your high rating given to us would be a great factor for our future guests and thank you for recommending us to our valued Tripadvisor members.

Let us know of your next visit so that we can further assist you at our best.

Manille
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We spend only one night in this hostel and it is lucky. I will never come back in this hotel. Rooms are like cell, small, narrow, small window, horrible smell inside. Seems not too much expensive (less than 50$), but it is too much for a prison cell!!

Room Tip: No good room, they are all like prison cell!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 970Jean
Dear 970Jean,

Thank you for sharing your comments during your stay in Hostel 1632.

We are sorry that your expectations were not able to meet during your stay. As for the stench you have encountered, it might be due to the ongoing renovation happening since July 2013. But anyways, we are sorry for that. Rest assured that we have taken your comment seriously and working on it now--renovation is in progress.

Looking forward in welcoming you back again here.

Hotel Online Supervisor

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Philippines
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My fiance and I stayed in the hostel because of the proximity to places we needed to go to the following day. The location is very convenient and you wont have any problem with transportation. . Near the mall, church, convenience stores, the bay area and other establishments.

My first impression is the lobby was small but the staff were very accommodating. Its a breeze checking in even though you don't have reservations. We got a room on the 2nd floor and the hallways are not well lighted but are clean.

The standard room is relatively narrow but has 2 beds, built in alarm/radio and a television but very cozy. The blanket is kinda rough but other than that I can't complain much. Room 218 has a window with blinds which has the street view. It was more quiet than I expected knowing that our room was facing a street.

I find it hard to shower in the bathroom because its not very spacious but provides warm and cold water. Towels and other toiletries were also provided. I wish they have provided a doormat outside the bathroom I was so scared of flooding the room because there were none and the tiled floors are almost of the same level.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sugary B
Dear MirageRaine,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in Hostel 1632.

Rest assured that your constructive feedback was taken seriously for necessary improvement. We also appreciate for finding our staff very accommodating, for noticing that the hallway is clean and the room cozy.

We hope to see you again.

Bonaire
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great staff. Yeah, the rooms aren't the best, but for the price I was paying (through an outside Asian website), it was the best value I found in the area. I did go look at the 3-5 star hotels nearby, but the price jump for that area was just not worth it to me. Probably smart of them to call it a Hostel, then you don't expect the Ritz! I liked the restaurant next door too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear manalive53715,

We are very glad you found Hostel 1632 a good place to stay at the best value with the great staff. Rest assured that we will continually provide best service to all our valued guests.

We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Hostel 1632.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Got the room at Agoda costing around 50 USD without breakfast. I thought I got a great deal. I was assigned at a windowless room with no space for my luggage. The size is like a hallway fitted with bed, tucked in a corner and cabinet. It's like HK budget hotels but in the Philippines. Room is too small. I can get the same price at Executive Plaza situated right infront of the hotel but definitely way bigger.

The only reason I booked in this hotel coz its brand new. Nothing more positive aside from that.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple