Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Stig L

one word, scam.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jan 2016
Don't believe the pictures, what you see is not what you get. And if you call for assistance you just might to call an extra 4 times before they bother doing anything about the issue. The wi-fi is horrible, and gets disconnected ever 2 second if ever you are able to connect in the first place. The food is overpriced and its only reheated from how many days before? Couldn't quite tell if it was rubber i eat or? Anyway it was supposed to be beef. Next issue. The maintenance here must be the most unintelligent people I've ever met, they don't know how to fix anything. Including the reading-lights in the rooms. 02:30 in the morning we had to call and complain for the 2nd time just to have the bulbs loosened. Why? Because the first time we was told its a hightech LED-Light so its going to blink on and off ever 2 seconds to save battery? ?

1st of all, when was there ever a battery in a bulb in lamp?

2nd of all the food portions is not estimated for grown ups even less foreigners, shameless. And the price, well you could have bought a buffet for 2 if you eat outside.
3rd rhe shower is dangerous hot/cold water adjusting itself at all times.

Forgot to say, i complained about the wifi and were downgraded to a cheaper worse room, with a bathroom made for kids. Don't ever even think that a hotel in this country will refund your money even if they did how many mistakes,..
Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Pool at the Regency Grand Suites
0.2 miles from Octagon Mansion Hotel
  • travelup.com
1.0 miles from Octagon Mansion Hotel
View more hotels in Manila
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I like this hotel the room inside are nice i love the combination of interiors colors the bed are confortable and the staff are all kind. Outside the hotel many spa massage were u can relax probably I like to came back here

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Nice and clean room. A bit noisy from outside if you have a room on the backside.TV, Free wifi, warm water, very nice staff. Close to Robinson mall. Good breakfast but there's not many tables so you cannot be a bigger group at the same time. Cosy bed.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CAKA27
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Nice and clean hostel, friendly staff. Perfect location for shopping at Robinsons Shopping Mall and for the nightlife of Malate. A lot of nice bars and restaurants in the aerea! You can get a nice and good massage.

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank marcellinus84
Reviewed 15 October 2015

The rooms have been redeveloped since my last stay and they look great. There was only one problem and that was the bathroom is tiny and the shower is not well designed, even if you close the curtain water leaks all over the floor and under the door and pools on the floor outside of the main room door.
Apart from that you are close to the Robinsons mall and many restaurants. There is a lot of homeless people around so be careful with your belongings.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank diveaddict
Reviewed 9 October 2015

From the moment I walked up to the front door until the morning I left, I felt like a valued guest. The staff was very friendly and always greeted me coming in or going out.
Hostel 1632 is located in the heart of Malate. It is located within walking distance to McDonalds and Robinson's Mall. There is also an ATM machine a few feet away from the front door.
What made this trip so enjoyable for me was that the Hostel is super clean. The rooms have a very modern look and I truly didn't want to leave this place.
Another high point for me was the wifi signal. It was very strong. In fact, I had to leave the hotel that I stayed at the previous night because the wifi signal didn't reach my room. If I wanted to get online, I had to go down to the lobby.
When I arrived at Hostel 1632, I told the front desk ladies that I needed to have a good wifi signal in my room. Not only did she go upstairs with me to show me the room but she also connected my iPhone to the wifi and a webpage opened up immediately.

Bravo to the staff and management at Hostel 1632. I will stay here again on my next trip to Manila.

Room tip: Quiet rooms, modern look
Date of stay: October 2015