“Nice food BUT”

Uno Restaurant
Ranked #916 of 1,872 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arrived to a nearly empty restaurant (it was Monday), and was not welcomed very warmly. The waitresses didn't seem to have any interest to sell. They were more interested in chatting. The interior was spartan, which is fine in itself but the noisy cake fridge downstairs as well as the neon lighting is not really conducive to a nice dining experience. Finally, it was not asked how I wanted my steak cooked (both of us forgot), which was of course exchanged without question - no steak left so I had fish. The food was good, everything else NO.

1  Thank C4L1MER0
There are newer reviews for Uno Restaurant

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is a prime restaurant. I go there at least once a month. I am vegetarian and this is not a vegetarian place. Still, their pastas are great. Their bread is superb and their deserts are wonderful. And when I go off diet and have some meat, this is the place to do it. Menu changes frequently. Yesterday we tried lamb and duck, both were delicious. Service is classy and diligent.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Tucked away in a quiet portion of the usually bustling streets of T. Morato is an equally nondescript restaurant which is unpretentious in both service and presentation. An evening visit on a Friday night saw us an almost empty albeit clean restaurant. A menu printed on plain white paper suggests that their food selection changes every so often, probably depending on what's in season or is available. The staff (or waitresses) were pleasant enough although when asked about their recommendations or their personal favorites, can only give you a hesitant answer. Service is generally fine but don't expect your food to be delivered immediately (this is not a fast food joint!). The complimentary serving of bread definitely felt homemade while their antipastos and entrees were of formidable quality and had verve. A noticeable inconsistency was observed in their Beef with mushroom pasta which was too oily, salty and had meat that was tough. Expect to pay around PHP 500 - 700 per head although the price can significantly go up if you order their premium items (steaks and its ilk).

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The place is clean, plain wooden square tables, starchy white tablecloth, straight back chairs. I am quite amazed by the food...so simple yet very gourmet.
Today I had squash soup, salad with mushroom, blue cheese and bacon, and salted cod, olives and mushroom pasta. And the bread tops them all. They serve warm bread with butter or olive oil.
I ordered about 20 whole loaves of bread for Christmas. They can pre slice for you and put them in individual paper bags. They went gaga at my office since I gave each of my colleagues one loaf in a brown bag. Just put a red ribbon and voila! instant Christmas gift. The sourdough was the favorite....soft in the inside crusty on the outside with just a hint of sour. The multigrain panotta is another favorite specially for those pretending to go healthy.
The owner is the chef which according to my sister refuses to be interviewed. Well I am not interested in interviews or the history of this, or that. I just go for the food. So everytime I am in Quezon City, at the area of Timog and Scout streets, I go there. And now whenever my colleagues know I will be in the Quezon City area, of course they await the bread.
The place can become full by 1pm. So popular despite the fact that parking is still a hassle and credit cards are not accepted.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Met an associate over lunch at this restaurant, which he picked. Wasn't exactly thrilled (please refer to my previous post), but boy, was I in for a nice surprise.

Seated on the first floor this time, I noticed that the servers were very comfortable with the other guests, signs that they were regulars.

My friend and I picked the same soup and pasta, neither wanted to budge, hee hee.

Had the clam pasta and the mushroom cappuccino, both were absolutely great! The bread was still fabulous, and the dessert, finally! A place in Manila where real coconut cream pie is served, and take note, this is not the usual buko pie we are accustomed to.

Definitely, Uno deserves a lot of re-visits!

1  Thank Anna L