“Staff needs training”

Torre Venezia Suites
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 18 October 2011

For our wedding we booked 2 lofts at this hotel, it was on the 22nd and 20th floor so we dd not hear any noise. The price is great for a loft, which was a fully furnished, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I would have given this hotel a better rating except because of 2 things:
1. The air conditioning unit on one of the lofts we rented was leaking
2. Poor coordination skills from the front desk - I have to elaborate on this, because I was so irritated by the people at the front desk. For the duration of our stay, we booked 2 rooms, 1 for 1 night and the other for 2 nights. Realizing that we need to extend by 3PM the overnight room, I went down to the reception desk to have it arranged. They typed something in the computer and told me it was ok. Only to find myself being harrased by phone calls (while getting ready for my wedding) from the reception saying we had to check out. I explained what I did the night before. To make things worse the receptionist started asking inane questions like 'What time did you reserve it" "who did you spoke with?" It was so irksome that I had to give her a proper scolding.

So the lesson is, get the name of the receptionist? Or they need to train their staff more properly. As customers who pay good money, we deserve the best so the latter I think.

Room Tip: Check with maintenance on the AC
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mojoer
There are newer reviews for Torre Venezia Suites

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I'd give this three stars. Security at the entrance. Clean. Friendly staff. Coffee bar and small quick meal food and gelato on premises. (Burger King across the street, didn't try others nearby. Frequent transportation at this busy corner (not jeepney, but there's a major stop within walking distance), or security/doorman will hail a cab for you. Small pool, but above the street and safe. Hotel staff will send a runner to currency exchange for you. Minutes away from SM North EDSA huge mall. If you are a tourist, make sure you get a card at the front desk with hotel address, directions, and phone to get back easily. Cab driver from SM North turned out to be clueless and we had to show him the way ourselves. We had a problem with our room plumbing and they quickly moved us (upgraded) with no argument. (From that, we know there are different room accomodations.)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillPride
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel early last year with my wife and 2 friends. We got the loft with a balcony. the room was nice, complete with all the amenities you can ever need in a suite. with one minor drawback: the noise downstairs. we were at the 21st floor but the noise from the bars at night is quite nuisance. other than that, the hotel is lovely and the service, impeccable. if we had any trouble with the microwave or anything for that matter, their people were knocking on our door faster than room service.

staff are courteous, expect for the guy who guarded the parking lot. seems like he wasn't so keen on entertaining people with free parking coupons. Aside from him, everyone else was very courteous and very accommodating.

the pool is wonderful in the daytime because there are hardly any people swimming. they have shower facilities that can equal a five-star hotel and with Torre Venezia's rates, i'd say this hotel would be the perfect place to stay when you are in Quezon City. Check out the surrounding restaurants in the area and your trip will surely be a great one.

Room Tip: for a little extra, make sure you book into the loft rooms in the higher floors. noise isn't so...
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank pinoy-life-at-large
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We chose this hotel because we thought it's location is convenient as we will be having our Church wedding in UST and because of it's two bedroom lofts that would be able to accommodate both the groom's and bride's entourage. When we got there the rooms are not yet cleaned and on the other the ac is not working, the common hallway is not well dimmed and there are no bellboys around to assist with the luggages. To thi k that we have already checked in at 10pm so they would have enough time to prepare everything before we arrive. No managers on duty as well to lodge our complaints only trainees. Oh yes! They charge 150pesos for their parking in the building, isn't it suppose to be free because when you are checked in at the hotel?!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Lesyscalante
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I was eager to check out how Torre Venezia has changed since it was last handled by Quantum Suites, and I have to say that they still have a long way to go from being called a "Genuine Hotel". The rooms are clean because they are quite new and so are the amenities, there only saving grace. The walkways are narrow and are quite dim with little ventilation. There are many restaurants nearby but they don't have their own, so they cannot offer room service. Wi-fi access is limited to some areas of the property. The staff maybe friendly but they are very proficient with the usage of the English language ans they have to be reminded of simple request. I wouldn't really recommend staying here to a friend. I was told that even Asia Travel.com is also not eager to promote this hotel to their clients.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank bobby676767
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This is the all time favorite hotel in quezon city. At Torre Venezia, each stylish pad was fitted with a living room, dining area, and one or two bedrooms, so I could savor complete bliss with all the familiar comforts of the home I left behind. I’ve enjoyed the luxury of having all I needed at my beck and call. At this Quezon City hotel, I could take care of concierge, housekeeping, and laundry services to make me feel like I’m on a holiday.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank cassiopeagrace
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We stayed at Torre Venezia for a total of six days with multiple intermissions and got to see a total of four different rooms from single to appartment rooms and even lofts, so I have a very good picture of the hotel by now.
Torre Venezia is located on Timog avenue in Quezon city from where you can reach most spots in Manila within a reasonable time. There are bars, restaurants and night clubs nearby where you can spend your evenings. Rooms are in general reasonably spacy and broom clean - if you expect perfect cleanliness, this is probably not the hotel for you. The room we were given on our first day was an appartment featuring a kitchen with fridge, sink, oven and microwave, a living room and a bedroom separated by a door. The bathroom was accessible from the bedroom. As we found some ugly stains on our bedding and the air condition was not working, we were transferred to a loft room after complaining at the front desk.

Loft rooms have two floors with bathroom, kitchen and living room on the first and two bedrooms upstairs, one of them offering an additional bathroom.

A location on one of the major roads already implies a lot of noise, which is made worse by the hotel's thin walls and poor insulation. The night clubs and bars play loud music until late on the weekends and the heavy traffic with loud Jeepney engines and the ubiquitous horns won't stop except for the early morning hours, so unless you're extraordinarily tired, don't expect to sleep well.
If you can, try to get rooms on the upper floors with letters m and above since these are slightly quieter than the rest. We experienced multiple times that the staff claimed there was no other free room when we complained about the noise. Persistency paid off well as it got us upgraded to a loft everytime.

• Stayed: February 2010