“Not coming back!”

Torre Venezia Suites
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed for 3 nights, first night had to call the maintenance bec hot water is not working, they charged me P150/Nyt for parking, when we saw the parking it was soooo steel, 45degree angle going down the basement (it was a road to hell--literally) and it also stinks down there, smells like a paint thinner with a mix of mold in it! The room is not what I expected it to be, the bed slides, the cushion on the couch slides, floors are cold (u guys should put carpet, instead of the slippery tiles)--another thing there is no outside call (in a hotel, excuse me?!) and also they can't even connect ur call in the room, we decided to park in front hoping no drunkard will bang it, and asked the guard to pls watch over it ( we never parked back in the basement, it useless ) and I wasn't even able to get my money back bec I already paid for 3 nights not knowing how horrible the parking is!!! Only upside is the free wifi and breakfast. Hotel facilities is junk! Junk! Junk! I'm not coming back and I would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank RLF_ohana

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We booked this hotel for our wedding preps last July. We booked 2 rooms-venezia suite for 2 nights and the 2bedroom loft apartment for 1 night. The venezia suite was newly renovated and the size was good for preps. The king sized bed was comfy and the bathroom was spacious. The loft was well decorated and perfect for my groom's preps. The receptionist was kind enough to extend the loft for 2 more hours free of charge since the wedding was at 3pm. The staff was also accommodating with all of our requests since we had a lot of people moving around the hotel. The only concern we had was the price since it was a bit expensive for a 3 or 4 star hotel or suites with the same amenities.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank bebeocho
Reviewed 18 October 2011

For our wedding we booked 2 lofts at this hotel, it was on the 22nd and 20th floor so we dd not hear any noise. The price is great for a loft, which was a fully furnished, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I would have given this hotel a better rating except because of 2 things:
1. The air conditioning unit on one of the lofts we rented was leaking
2. Poor coordination skills from the front desk - I have to elaborate on this, because I was so irritated by the people at the front desk. For the duration of our stay, we booked 2 rooms, 1 for 1 night and the other for 2 nights. Realizing that we need to extend by 3PM the overnight room, I went down to the reception desk to have it arranged. They typed something in the computer and told me it was ok. Only to find myself being harrased by phone calls (while getting ready for my wedding) from the reception saying we had to check out. I explained what I did the night before. To make things worse the receptionist started asking inane questions like 'What time did you reserve it" "who did you spoke with?" It was so irksome that I had to give her a proper scolding.

So the lesson is, get the name of the receptionist? Or they need to train their staff more properly. As customers who pay good money, we deserve the best so the latter I think.

Room Tip: Check with maintenance on the AC
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mojoer
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I'd give this three stars. Security at the entrance. Clean. Friendly staff. Coffee bar and small quick meal food and gelato on premises. (Burger King across the street, didn't try others nearby. Frequent transportation at this busy corner (not jeepney, but there's a major stop within walking distance), or security/doorman will hail a cab for you. Small pool, but above the street and safe. Hotel staff will send a runner to currency exchange for you. Minutes away from SM North EDSA huge mall. If you are a tourist, make sure you get a card at the front desk with hotel address, directions, and phone to get back easily. Cab driver from SM North turned out to be clueless and we had to show him the way ourselves. We had a problem with our room plumbing and they quickly moved us (upgraded) with no argument. (From that, we know there are different room accomodations.)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillPride
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel early last year with my wife and 2 friends. We got the loft with a balcony. the room was nice, complete with all the amenities you can ever need in a suite. with one minor drawback: the noise downstairs. we were at the 21st floor but the noise from the bars at night is quite nuisance. other than that, the hotel is lovely and the service, impeccable. if we had any trouble with the microwave or anything for that matter, their people were knocking on our door faster than room service.

staff are courteous, expect for the guy who guarded the parking lot. seems like he wasn't so keen on entertaining people with free parking coupons. Aside from him, everyone else was very courteous and very accommodating.

the pool is wonderful in the daytime because there are hardly any people swimming. they have shower facilities that can equal a five-star hotel and with Torre Venezia's rates, i'd say this hotel would be the perfect place to stay when you are in Quezon City. Check out the surrounding restaurants in the area and your trip will surely be a great one.

Room Tip: for a little extra, make sure you book into the loft rooms in the higher floors. noise isn't so...
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank pinoy-life-at-large
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We chose this hotel because we thought it's location is convenient as we will be having our Church wedding in UST and because of it's two bedroom lofts that would be able to accommodate both the groom's and bride's entourage. When we got there the rooms are not yet cleaned and on the other the ac is not working, the common hallway is not well dimmed and there are no bellboys around to assist with the luggages. To thi k that we have already checked in at 10pm so they would have enough time to prepare everything before we arrive. No managers on duty as well to lodge our complaints only trainees. Oh yes! They charge 150pesos for their parking in the building, isn't it suppose to be free because when you are checked in at the hotel?!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Lesyscalante
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I was eager to check out how Torre Venezia has changed since it was last handled by Quantum Suites, and I have to say that they still have a long way to go from being called a "Genuine Hotel". The rooms are clean because they are quite new and so are the amenities, there only saving grace. The walkways are narrow and are quite dim with little ventilation. There are many restaurants nearby but they don't have their own, so they cannot offer room service. Wi-fi access is limited to some areas of the property. The staff maybe friendly but they are very proficient with the usage of the English language ans they have to be reminded of simple request. I wouldn't really recommend staying here to a friend. I was told that even Asia Travel.com is also not eager to promote this hotel to their clients.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business