“Out Dated Hotel, but the staff make up for it”
Review of Hotel Dream World

Hotel Dream World
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Out Dated Hotel, but the staff make up for it”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights in May. I also stayed for a few nights in January 2014

The Hotel is in a great place as its opposite the main shopping places, there are 3 malls across the road and a fantastic Farmers Market for cheap fresh food. There are some nice restaurants locally too, but don't go to the Try Thai (YUK)
The rooms are ok, not a bad size for the money, but they are not very clean - the windows are very dirty, the mirror was full of marks and finger prints, looked like it had not been cleaned for a long time, the sink in room 303 was leaking, the bath looked dirty and floor was full of hair - I had to ask for it to be swept but they do not mop the floors, so they are dirty and stained. The hotel really needs some decorating and updating, as well as extra plug sockets in the room - A small kettle would also be a massive benefit so guests can make tea and coffee when they want it.
The beds are comfortable but really need better bedding,

The food in the hotel that is ordered off the menu was really good, I tried several dishes as did my friends, my favourite was Chop Suey, it was delicious. However, the free breakfast on a few days was cold and over cooked.
A small cup of tea is 50 peso, comes as a small cup of almost hot water and a Lipton teabag on the side, so best bet, go to 7/11 and buy tea bags (5 for 17 peso) the order hot water which is free (just tip the guy) :)

The Aircon in all 4 rooms I have stayed was noisy and clunky and drips water so it sounds like rain when you use it :/ These need updating or servicing

For the first 2 nights I had no WI-FI on the 4th floor, so I had to move to 3rd floor.

The staff in this Hotel are the only reason I stayed, there was the guy delivering my food, I forget his name, but on the last day I gave him a good tip as a thank you, he was very helpful and got whatever I asked for without any hassle.
The girls on the reception are so nice and helpful, Anna was so nice and helpful, always smiling and always doing all she could to make the stay enjoyable, she deserves a pay rise (I hope her boss sees this)

I would love to see this Hotel updated and fixed up as its location and staff make it great, but the decor and old worn out look and dirty floors and windows put me off going back :/
There is a new Novotel being built (They own Eurotel) so maybe its being replaced?
I hope not, just modernise this one, and stop the 12 hour stays, make it a proper hotel.

I am sure I will stay here again, but not sure I will stay for a week in future, maybe a night or 2 at the most unless its updated :/

Room Tip: Avoid 5th floor - Kitchen staff bringing food down in elevator from 4am Room 303 or 403 allow you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
EUROTELCM, Manager at Hotel Dream World, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Mr. Steve,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

It has been our pleasure to welcome you to EUROTEL Hotel – Araneta Center Branch. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value-conscious price.

If at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service, please just let us know.

We want you to enjoy every day of your every stay and we trust that you visit us again for your accommodation or conference needs in the near future

We look forward to serving you on your next trip. Thank you!

EUROTEL Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I changed three different rooms while checking inn. They kept giving me smoking rooms. In the second room bellboy just started spraying air freshener. I had to explain to him that that won't make this room nonsmoking. The third room was indeed nonsmoking. The remote didn't work, blanket was missing and safe was busted from inside with the wires sticking out. So, by that time I decided to leave. Staff is overworked. Guys just run around with their tongues out, front desk people were very stressed also.
In my whole life I've never seen a hotel in such a disorder.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank sacramentan
EUROTELCM, Manager at Hotel Dream World, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Mr. Sacramentan,

Thank you for your feedback on TRIP ADVISORY.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced recently. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give us the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further.

In order for us to fully address the concern, we would appreciate if you could provide us further details of your stay (state what you need-date, room number, time of check-in, what food was ordered, name of attending staff, etc.).

We have commissioned a team to take a serious look into the facility / incident to ensure our staff, rooms and dining services will be according to standards.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to serving you again.

Should you require any further assistance, you are most welcome to contact the undersigned.

Eurotel Group

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Check in time was around 7 PM of January 21, the first thing that I wanted to do was to take a hot shower, so upon entering I checked the shower, but it was not functioning. So I called the front desk right away (about 4-5 minutes after check in) . A maintenance crew arrived after 20 or 25 minutes, and said that he cannot fix it, and someone else would fix it. So I waited another 30 minutes and called the front desk (8 PM). Then another 30 minutes and called again around 8:30 to follow up. Then I fell asleep and woke up 10 PM to inform the front desk that it is already late and I cannot wait anymore. Then I woke up 4 AM for an early appointment and I had to endure the cold shower, and requested for an 5 AM early breakfast, it arrived 20 minutes after. The rice was so cold.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
EUROTELCM, Manager at Hotel Dream World, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Mr. Jan,

Thank you for your feedback on TRIP ADVISORY.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the inconvenienced and disappointment that you experienced recently. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give us the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further.

Eurotel Group
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights with my grandmother who was staying for longer.

The quality of room and service is not worth the price paid. Where do I start?

The room had no windows, which is understandable for a city hotel, however the room smelt of cigarettes and had a stale smell which the aircon, room spray or open door could not remove.

The queen bed was covered with a single thin grey, cigrette smelling sheet. We asked a passing staff member to change it. During the change we saw that the matress was covered in various *recent looking* bodily fluids. We asked him to then ensure it wad covered with at least two sheets (which looked only slightly better then the first grey sheey but smelt better).

That night we were still bitten by the dust mites in the room and discovered small bites on our skin. The floor was not cleaned at all during the couple of nights I stayed there and I was advised by my grandmother that it was not during the rest of her time there.

The bathroom fixtures were all rusted in one part or another and quite dated and worn out. Our toilet would not flush until we had staff fix it. The shower did not fully work (the bottom tap was the only part that did work).

The aircon plug was very iffy - it would dislodge every now and then due to excessive upstairs movement.

Staff were difficult to get hold of unless they were passing by, even if you called or went to reception. However when you did get to them they were friendly and obliging.

The hotel's only redeeming features seem to be its close proximity to the LRT, shops, free breakfast and its reliable wifi.

I would not return here and would discourage anyone else from staying here either. There are other reasonably priced places that are cleaner than this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank anii-kinz
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our services did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to review what happened, address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

We will be in contact with you in the coming days to make our best attempt in regaining your confidence in our company. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Kindly provide us with your contact numbers and email address so we can provide you updates on the progress of the resolution.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

EUROTEL GROUP
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The bad points :

Noise : very bad

The staff of the hotel make noise all day and all night long.
The reason is that they clean the room any time of the day and the night.

When they clean, they shout to their colleagues without reasons, sing loudly ( even in the middle of the night ! ), snort loudly, use walkie-talkie at main volume, slam the door and other disrespectful things for theirs clients who pay a high price to rest.

Also a lot of staff walking and making noise very often because of the room service, there is no restaurant here, so some client get served in their rooms, that generate a lot of noise too.

Many client stay only a few time, there is a lot of rotation, seems like the hotel is used only for very short term by many of the customer.

You can ear the people in the room nearby, there is a very poor isolation of noise.

Room : very bad

No window.
Bad smell.
Wall, bed, ceiling… are dirty.

Shower : The hot water is not working, considering the price of the hotel, the room is supposed to have hot shower.

Good point :

Location is very close to the shopping centers and transportation.

Wifi is working most of the time.

Overall :

Choose an other hotel or rent a flat.

If the management decides that the room needed to be cleaned in the middle of the night, they should give them instruction to not sing and shout in front of the client’s rooms.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniel T
Dear Sir / Madam,

EUROTEL GROUP
Melbourne
Reviewed 4 December 2013

this is a mini hotel/motel. they have room rates available in 6, 12 and 24 hour blocks. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. room was very clean.
Free wifi which works well.
No onsite amenities however you can order food in off a menu.
Situated opposite major shopping centre which is great.

Only think i found odd was that the bed had no blanket, only a sheet. although i didn't need a blanket due to heat, this is the first time ive encountered no bedding available. (not even hiding in a cupboard as many other places do it)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Angono, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed 27 November 2013

November 23, 2013, around 0100 hrs. My Family and I stayed in one of these Hotels, the price is so affordable. The Front office were accommodating and have ready answers to our inquiries. Originally we were given our room, however the Housekeeping staff didn't cleaned the room well enough. So we had to request for another. Fortunately we were given another. The stay was great. The only thing I didn't like is one of the girls in the Front office @around 0200 hrs., she was bit clueless if we were Hotel guest or not when we decided to go out for the night to eat out, obviously having kids in tow while we are passing by the reception. The day we checked out The Customer Service woman outside the Front office table, was very friendly and had given us discounts cards for me and my wife. For me I;m definitely coming back, because I like the place and most of the staff during our stay.

Room Tip: Check the room first before accepting, because Housekeeping staff might have not cleaned enough the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip. Thank you!

By the way, the Customer Service Staff who gave you the EURO Miles Card was Janine. Thank you for recognizing her.