“arrogant,unhelpful reception,”

Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Melbourne, Australia
“arrogant,unhelpful reception,”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

my family and my friend family stay in this hotel 8 nights,breakfast very poor ,no varietis,far awey from everything,staff arrogant...

Room Tip: choose hotels in makati area.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank petkana
EGL77, General Manager at The Sulo Riviera, responded to this review, 8 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We have taken this matter seriously and made sure that the department concerned has been informed to address this matter.

Once again, we apologize for any convenience that this might have caused you. We shall be looking forward to your next visits. Till then, thank you very much for calling our attention to matters that will help us maintain and strengthen the highest standards which The Sulo Riviera is known for… “Service beyond Customer Satisfaction”

The Sulo Riviera Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Quezon City
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Good: hotel's location is very okay
accommodating staffs
impressive interior design hotel

Bad: bad food
noisy hotel
no gym
wi-fi at Php200 for 1 hour, Php600 for 24 hours
bedbugs!!!
dirty pooL

TRAVELERS, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY IN THE SULO RIVIERA!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank simplymom55
EGL77, General Manager at The Sulo Riviera, responded to this review, 7 September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Sydney
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As per other reviews, this place is very noisy. It may be normal for locals, but every day and night there were load events right outside rooms and without much insight from the staff or management that this would cause inconvenience to the guests.
The meals are not good. The breakfast in particular was poor.
The wifi is extra. No gym
A plus is that there are shops immediately across the road and reasonable eating options locally.
Hard to recommend

4 Thank savrocca

Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 9 April 2012

As per Dada B's review, I was also charged double. I anticipated an $80/night rate for a Deluxe with twin beds including a breakfast buffet, instead I was charged $160 for NOT reserving through an online Web site (such as Agoda). Dear Traveler, BEWARE on ALL counts if you are hard-up on staying here.

So for $160/night this is what the hotel offered:
- Typical Philippine breakfast, omelet/pancake station, a curious assortment of non-breakfast dishes (such as Pancit or Chicken Cordon Bleu -- perhaps dinner leftovers), juice, cereal, and Philippine pastries (Pan de Sal, mini muffins of Puto/Ube). What I did not expect: coffee served with packets of powdered creamer, Tang (are you serious?), Rice Krispy cereal, and what looked like non-cooked oatmeal from the cereal dispenser. Although I was happy to see Pan de Sal (which I haven't had in over 23 years), the individual butter servers were filled with garlic butter, not plain butter, which is placed between two types of marmalade. So be wary if you like to top off your toast (or Pan de Sal) with butter and marmalade.
- Wi-Fi at 200 PHP for 1 hour or 600 PHP for 24 hours paid by YOU. Their Business Center has Internet LAN, but it will still cost you the above rates.
- Fluffy, white bath towels (or dingy gray, frayed bath towels) in a very small bathroom. Mine had black mold along the backsplash underneath the mirror and behind the sink.
- Noise (read travellerstory's review). At about 0700 expect to hear loud music from the in-ceiling hall speakers outside your door or the housekeeping cart. At various evenings of the week, expect private parties with a band or a scheduled lounge act from the main lobby (which is a combination of open lobby/dining/lounge area). No matter where your room is located (based on the architecture of this hotel), you will hear ALL of it.

Although the staff were friendly and the public areas tastefully decorated, my stay here did not warrant the over-inflated and deceitful price that I paid per night -- in this instance price does not necessarily mean quality. Take your money elsewhere.

*I rated the hotel's location as "Excellent" due to its close proximity to the Philippine Heart Center which I visited daily. There is, however, another hotel which is also walking distance to the PHC and is highly recommended over the Sulo.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank 3flyingnunns
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel appears impressive at first encounter. The renovations look new and the room is nice and clean. There was no coffee making facilities. Out of the five nights I stayed, I had 2 sleepless nights due to the high noise level of the band playing for a party. The first night, the party ended about midnight. The second night, there was another party and the band blasted at top volume until way past midnight. Unable to sleep, I called the reception and asked if they could advise the party organiser to tune down the volume as it was already 1 am. The response I got was "Sorry maam, we can't do anything about it". The party finally ended around 2 am. Where is the respect for the guests' basic needs of a hotel for a good night's sleep?

Room Tip: Poolview rooms are away from the road, but it does not assure you of quiet and peace. If there is a...
1 Thank travellerstory

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My first choice to book in this hotel on my arrival day in late Jan 2011 due to an emergency(death)- couldn't book right away due to many errands to do for my departure. Arrived at the airport early @ 8am. A well travelled co-worker recommended this hotel. The hotel is average in size, not so big and not so small. Nice ambiance outside and in the lobby area. The receptionists were pleasant but there was no available room at the time even if I pay a hefty early check in fee, I wil still have to wait. I was going to just wait until I found out the hotel does not have a place to hold my luggage while waiting for a room. I was ready to pay in CASH for the hefty early fee and room. There was NO SPECIAL ACCOMODATION for a traveler like me who's ready to pay. WHY CAN'T THEY just keep my only luggage (3ft X 2ft) at a secured place or even at their reception area ( there is space) and they can call my phone when there's a room ready. THERE IS NO PERSONALIZED ACCOMODATION. I think the staff needs more training on personalized service. I would have really stayed if they accomodated me somehow but anyway I found a hotel that was much bigger and roomier. NEXT TIME please have some consideration. I will still give your hotel another try next time; then will decide if I will recommend to my co-workers in the States.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BulacanMom

Davao City
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is newly renovated and under new management. The lobby is tastefully done and the rooms are quite a surprise compared to the previous Sulo hotel. The room that they gave me was very nice. I had a capiz shells chandelier above my king sized bedroom. The decorations were lovely and the room was very spacious with a couch. There were plenty of pillows. The bathroom is compact. The hot water in the shower takes a little time to kick in. The food is good specially the croissant, bolognese and the danggit. The staff are courteous. The room rates are really expensive but if you want comfort then this is the place for you. The location is very strategic and near to government offices and Sandiganbayan. There are plenty of fast food chains just across the hotel. My only complaint is the exorbitant wifi rates.

Room Tip: Book using the internet because it is cheaper. The published rates are expensive.
3 Thank litlitmari