“Loud parties into the night!”
Review of The Sulo Riviera

The Sulo Riviera
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This Hotel was nice in appearance and the staff always smile. The unfortunate part is that they schedule weddings and parties every night on the weekend and don't inform the guest until the after the fact. Loud base vibrates your room until midnight or 1am. People running up and down the halls laughing and screaming. The staff are unwilling to turn down the volume. The smile at you ad tell you "No, I am sorry!" There is never a manager or supervisor on duty to speak with.
The rooms are filled with smoke, which wasn't too unexpected. It was disappointing t say the least. I brought a very large group to this hotel and I don't think that any would want to return. We will be looking for another Hotel next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank patimt

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend during the last week of October this year, hoping that it is, if not better, comparable, to Cocoon hotel. But unfortunately, I was not impressed at all. I read the reviews before arriving to Manila, but thought, "Maybe it's not THAT BAD" like what the reviews say, so I still gave it a go. Now that I have stayed there, I know I am not coming back.
The lobby is nice, but the room needs improvement especially the Deluxe bathroom - I found roaches (2), tiles are dirty (or moldy?), towels aren't clean white. The power unit in the bedroom is sticking out - dangerous if little ones get a hold of it. The swimming pool... they had a "stage" on top of the shallow part of the pool - the kids didn't enjoy the 6' deep part. (We had kid relatives come over)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsLance
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Unlike other travelers, my stay here was pleasant. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I like the room, it is big, and the furniture looks new. I've learned that the hotel was recently renovated. The breakfast was okay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank katanisven
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Allow me to give the 1st excellent rating and I'm not sure why there are none. My Wife and I celebrated our wedding reception there in Sulo this August and I can say a lot of good things about the place. Service was great especially The person we talked to (Rainier) who took care of us and gave us almost everything we asked for. I rented the biggest suite for my wife and got a good price on it courtesy of Rainier. We had no complaints about the food as the chef did make changes according to our comments when we did our food tasting. The Place looked great. They even gave us food in our rooms before the reception so we can take a break when we got there after the wedding,. And after all that we did not get any outstanding charges when we checked out. We stayed there for 3days and the only hassle we had was with the parking as my dad lost his parking ticket, but the attendant Is only doing there job of course. and yes everything there is accounted for and checked. If you are planning to spend your event there look for Rainier. The only reason there are few good comments found on websites like this is because satisfied people seldom post it online. Place wasn't perfect of course and needs minor improvements like the parking but they have a valet for that and the pool area as its not that big for swimming. Wedding package was good and flexible as well. we changed a lot on our Menus and items on our contract and Rainier took care of it. Bathrooms could use a general cleaning as some areas have small stains on it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reginald G
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Sulo Riviera Hotel in Quezio City is a rip-off. Prices are not what they advertise and they can't wait to get their hands on your credit card. It was there for three hours. only until I could make other arrangements and get out of there, and they charged my Amex $120. They outright lied about their Business Center, saying that it is open 24 hours. (They probably meant WiFi was available 24 hours) but they closed at 6PM just when the rest of the world is opening up! I couldn't even get a desk lamp for the table/desk in my room as I would have needed to do some work in the evening. No amenities, whatsoever and my room was - would have been had I stayed - in a shabby wing where they stacked old furniture. The swimming pool was closed for a publicity shoot! Staff are catatonic at best, sly at worst. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank ByronBales1
Reviewed 12 March 2013

this place has a lot of potential especially with its recent renovations. too bad they focused on aesthetics and completely forgot about service,
front desk staff were too busy looking at their computers and chatting among themselves, we had to call their attention when we want to ask something.
so also went to banquet sales to talk about the event we were planning. they were arrogant, possibly because we are a small party anyway.
at the price they are asking, we expected a better service.
better take your money elsewhere, the sulo staff will only stress you.
at that price, you can get better rooms and service at cocoon or luxent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kapihan
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I was part of a wedding party that checked in last December, and on top of the small, P 15,000++ suite room, they added the following charges:

P 1700 for a missing outdated local showbiz magazine
P 1500 for a missing plastic twig

When asked for a proof that these were indeed in the room before we checked in, they couldn't give any. Nor could they provide an actual pricelist for these "missing" items.

We could think of nothing but the hotel staff are taking advantage of the exhausted party by compounding these vague additional charges.

Caveat emptor. If you're going to check in here, make sure you get the staff to inventory EVERYTHING in the room before you check in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends