“Pretty good for $30 USD per night”

Fersal Hotel - P. Tuazon
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Canada
“Pretty good for $30 USD per night”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not sure what people are expecting at this reasonably priced hotel. The room and bathroom were clean, no insect pests and working air conditioner and hot water in the shower. Sure there is no view and the bathroom is very small so anyone over 5'10" will need to squat sideways on the toilet. The smallish cathode ray tube TV is a little fuzzy but got many channels. The old style key you get for the room has a big Fersal Key tag attached with your room number on it so make sure you don't lose it.

The area of the hotel is off the tourist track, mostly locals come here. The location is very good transportation wise.Many of the inter-provincial buses have a terminal within a 10-minute walking distance and if you are going to be using the Manila MRT/LRT public transport lines two of the lines interchange within walking distance of the hotel.

There are also several malls including an ALI Mall and the Araneta Centre Mall in Walking distance. Several more malls are within a three US$ cab ride away.

The big let down was the complimentary breakfast service from 6 am to 10 am. The food itself is okay but the service in the breakfast room is poor. Eating twice in the hotel at 9 a.m. there was a 40-minute wait for the food to come out. On the first occasion I had already finished my meal - after the 40-minute wait - before the server brought the drinks. Sitting down for breakfast and waiting 45-minutes just for your juice or coffee is unacceptable. The single attendant in the small breakfast room of about five tables runs around a lot to the kitchen and behind the counter but seems like not much gets accomplished.On my last visit to the breakfast room I was the first customer of the day at 6 a.m. and remarkably I got my meal in less than 15 minutes. My advice would be to come early before the room service breakfast orders start causing a slowdown in the kitchen. Otherwise be prepared for a wait and I would not recommend eating here if you have to be somewhere in a hurry.

Room Tip: Better WIFI is likely to be found closer to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank canada75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My child and I checked in the night before our flight. Since it was called apartel my expectations were low. The customer service was okay. The room service was fine. The bathroom was cleaned. We stayed at room 102 Deluxe.

It was noisy outside of the room because the room boys were outside of the hall near our room chatting, laughing and hanging out. You can hear their stories and laughter clearly.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE WAS THE BIG RATS ON THE CEILING CHASING BACK AND FORTH. I told the receptionist twice asking them if they had monthly pest control and she said yes. If that's the case, how come there were big rats racing at ROOM 102's ceiling?

We checked out around 5:30 AM and I told the receptionist that we were not able to have a good sleep because of the noise outside and inside (RATS ON THE CEILING) of our room.

Next time, just check in yourself into a 5 or 4 star hotel. The stress that we had was unbearable especially if you have a 3 year old toddler trying to rest.

One thing more: there was a complimentary breakfast, unfortunately I ordered beef tapa. The tapa had grains of 1-3 stones. My idea was, it probably fell and just picked it up and put back into my plate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank michelle a

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I dont mean to be harsh but i want to give a fair and honest review. The check in was hassle free, the price was ok as well.The people at the service desk was very courtious. They had a restaurant upstairs and the food was decent. The location was idea, but at the same time not a place i would wonder around at night. Many pick pockets and other things there in cabao. Mall is a few minutes walk as well as other places to eat. On to the room i had, it was run down and very old looking. Bathroom was terrible, several fixtures rusted, didnt even want to take a shower in there. Had a huge cockroach under the desk in my room that was so big,other insect was feeding off it(not kidding). The hotel is like an outside hotel housed inside(hard to explain). I walked around a bit outside my room door and there were many cockroaches crawling on the walls. I only stayed one day and will not ever be coming back to that place.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank dvonte
Kim M, Operations Support Officer at Fersal Hotel - P. Tuazon, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Sir:

Greetings from Fersal P. Tuazon!

Thank you for leaving a review on our page. We really appreciate the boldness of your review. It is well appreciated that you have raised comments for the betterment of our services and the company as well. To go further, may we have your full name, room number and the date of your stay? We will collate reports and investigate the incident happened to you.

Rest assured that the management will be properly take care of your concern. We will be waiting for your response for us to start the investigation proper.

Thank you and God Bless.
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here for just one night because we were advised to evacuate from our home due to extreme floods. Pros: reasonable rates, near Manila's best shopping center and malls, Cubao; with parking, with breakfast, decent rooms, above average internet speed, good customer service. Cons, very narrow stairs, basement parking only allows low small sedans.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank coilmaster4
Quezon City
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Not a 5 star or even a 3 star hotel. But for the budget concious this hotel is tops.

Location is near Ali mall,includes a typical Filipino or continental breakfast and has security guard in all entrances. My only complaint is the signal of my phones. But if you do need to make one, you can just step out into the driveway for that call

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank coconutkilla
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Fersal Inn has always been my choice for refuge when I need to de-stress myself away, but can't get far from the metropolitan. The reason is simple --- it is decent compared to a motel, one can have an option of staying 12 hours or 24 hours (while check-out time is counted from the time of check-in).

I must have stayed in at least three branches. But among these three, the Cubao branch is least attractive, as there is no elevator. Not really comfy for someone who will stay on the 3rd or 4th floor! However, the staffs are just as friendly and accommodating, so the lack of an elevator won't bother much. I just buy my stuffs before going to my 3rd floor or 4th floor room.

Room Tip: Ask the reception for you to view the room(s) first.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jewel_of_the_Nile10
colorado
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here 6 nights with a group. The hotel was moderately priced, clean, and mostly quiet. The ac was good. The staff was helpful. The room was pretty small.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business