“Nice place ( if he is around)”

Ka Freddie's Music Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #517 of 1,891 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Philippine, Bar
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I like the place if Freddie is performing, but without him the bar is just very average. The entrance fee is quite high compared to other bars. In fact non of the other compaireable bars ask for an entrance fee.

6  Thank normandic

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I heard that this was a must see in Manila so I went with my girlfriend on Ladies' Night. The place is a bit rugged but the customers are not there for the interior. The service is good and speedy and the staff are nice. The first set had a three-member band comprised of Freddie Aguilar's kids and they were impressive. The second set had a singer-songwriter named Marc Velasco do classic covers. We had French fries and onion rings and the prices are reasonable. Then Freddie performed in the final set and showed what he was made of.

This place lived up to the hype though located in a grungy and grimy area. It is worth checking out, however, and check out Freddie's son on lead guitar.

4  Thank pkim07
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I decide to unwind that nite before I leave in the morning, and I was surprise it is freddie aguilar's son's birthday. Place is small but food is good but i must say I am very disappointed in the service?Why? because when I try to check out my bill I asked if they accept master&visa card & they said yes but the catch is they only accept Banco de Oro creditcard and not other banks liked Metrobank in which I used to pay my bills. I feel so embarrassed that nite coz' everybody is looking at me & they have the nerve to tell me that if I have cash it will be better. So I would say I don't recommend it. I mean I have the means to pay but because I used Metrobank they will not accept it, and they insist that coz' they bank in Banco de Oro so they just accept Banco de Oro. I never see such establishment that only prefer one bank. Visa & Mastercard are worldwide accepted. I feel bad as this is my first time to encountered such things. Awful & embarrassment on my part as business& pleasure frequent traveler.

5  Thank Mhsmtih
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This a bar from the bar chain of Freddy Aquilar, who become famous with his song ANAK. He plays there every friday night, and the rest of the week everynight a different band.. Its not so cheap but once you are in manila, your trip isn't finished when you didn;t see the legend.

2  Thank amiceManila
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Two friends and I stopped into Ka Freddie's late one night earlier this year and had our minds blown! The band was very talented and played some excellent original tunes, and the drinks weren't badly priced, either. We had a great time and we'll certainly plan to return next time we're in Manila!

2  Thank USNav8r